Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 327

Thread: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

  1. #281
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    It's amusing how you cite another neighborhood watch captain as though it were relevant while you dismiss the opinion of others as irrelevant who disagree with you, like the authors of the stand your ground law.
    Please allow me to throw your advice right back at you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Please pay better attention so I don't have to explain these things to you.
    I was responding to another who had said the following:
    "there was NO official neighborhood watch group. HE invented it. HE made himself the "captain". HE was the only member."

    That exchange ended with the following:
    "meanwhile, back up your claim that he was not the only member of his neighborhood watch team."
    As you can see, that is what I provided.

    Not to rely on anything he said, but to show Zimmerman wasn't the only one.
    Capisce?

    But you have brought up the author's of SYG.
    Their opinions matter not as to it's application.
    The letter of the law and how it is interpreted within the judicial system does.
    And it was clear from a statement made that one of them clearly wasn't informed of all the facts regarding this case.
    That person was political grandstanding.
    Capisce?

  2. #282
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    FACT: We also know from the cell phone transcript between Trayvon and his girlfriend that Trayvon did notice Mr. Zimmerman following him and as such, he turned around and approached Mr. Zimmerman and asked him directly why was Mr. Zimmerman following him.
    Mischaracterization.
    To the rest of what you say.
    The Chief has already stated that the evidence does not contradict Zimmerman's statement.
    So we can only assume, based on the evidence, because no other evidence exists to say otherwise, that Zimmerman wasn't in the wrong.



    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    If Zimmerman did not inform police that Trayvon asked him why he was following him and if he did not inform them he asked Trayvon what he was doing there, then he lied by omission. Part of the police report is online and it does not say Zimmerman mentioned any of that.
    You are assuming that what she says wasn't a lie.
    You are also assuming he didn't say any about it if it happened which would have included how it happened.

    Please provide a link to the police report you found online with just part of his statement.

  3. #283
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by joko104 View Post

    There is no evidence that Zimmerman followed Martin.
    Earth to joko:

    911 Dispatcher: "Are you following him?"

    Zimmerman: "Yeah."

  4. #284
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:29 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,474

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Earth to joko:

    911 Dispatcher: "Are you following him?"

    Zimmerman: "Yeah."

    Damn facts get in the way all the time.

  5. #285
    Sage

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, AL (USA)
    Last Seen
    12-11-17 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    9,763

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Mischaracterization.
    To the rest of what you say.
    The Chief has already stated that the evidence does not contradict Zimmerman's statement.
    So we can only assume, based on the evidence, because no other evidence exists to say otherwise, that Zimmerman wasn't in the wrong.
    How is the above a mischaracterization of the events? It's taken directly from the transcript (or translation) of the cell phone conversation between Trayvon and his girlfriend. Moreover, said conversation supports events at that point from the 911 transcript.

    At the very least we have two different versions of the same event. However, you are correct. Until a full investigation is completed all we have is varying stories of what truly transpired. And unless other eyewitnesses come forward, it's a matter of Mr. Zimmerman's recounting of events, the 911 transcript, "John's" testimony as well as that of Trayvon's girlfriend to put the pieces together as accurately as possible. For my take, Mr. Zimmerman went a step too far, but I'm more than willing to let the evidence come out before saying the justicial system should throw the book at the man and throw away the key when done.

  6. #286
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Yeah blame the victim .... I am sure the kid walked those streets for hours night after night until the watch eager beaver took the bait.
    Zimmerman the victim and now is being victimized more. Martin was a criminal engaged in felony aggravated assault at the time he was shot.

  7. #287
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Earth to joko:

    911 Dispatcher: "Are you following him?"

    Zimmerman: "Yeah."
    Yes, but nothing showing he had not returned to his truck as he said he had.

  8. #288
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Objective Voice View Post
    FACT: We also know from the cell phone transcript between Trayvon and his girlfriend that Trayvon did notice Mr. Zimmerman following him and as such, * he turned around and approached Mr. Zimmerman and asked him directly why was Mr. Zimmerman following him.
    Mischaracterization.
    How is the above a mischaracterization of the events? It's taken directly from the transcript (or translation) of the cell phone conversation between Trayvon and his girlfriend. Moreover, said conversation supports events at that point from the 911 transcript.

    At the very least we have two different versions of the same event. However, you are correct. Until a full investigation is completed all we have is varying stories of what truly transpired. And unless other eyewitnesses come forward, it's a matter of Mr. Zimmerman's recounting of events, the 911 transcript, "John's" testimony as well as that of Trayvon's girlfriend to put the pieces together as accurately as possible. For my take, Mr. Zimmerman went a step too far, but I'm more than willing to let the evidence come out before saying the justicial system should throw the book at the man and throw away the key when done.
    * Because contact was lost in between.
    Verified from both statements.
    Then contact was made.
    According to Zimmerman it came from behind.

    Speculation: It is more then possible for the question to have come from behind.


    The statements are consistent.
    Not corroborative.


    We know that there is no evidence that contradicts Zimmerman's statement.
    So the girlfriend's statement doesn't contradict Zimmerman's.
    Last edited by Excon; 03-26-12 at 12:17 AM.

  9. #289
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Please allow me to throw your advice right back at you.
    I was responding to another who had said the following:
    "there was NO official neighborhood watch group. HE invented it. HE made himself the "captain". HE was the only member."

    That exchange ended with the following:
    "meanwhile, back up your claim that he was not the only member of his neighborhood watch team."
    As you can see, that is what I provided.

    Not to rely on anything he said, but to show Zimmerman wasn't the only one.
    Capisce?

    But you have brought up the author's of SYG.
    Their opinions matter not as to it's application.
    The letter of the law and how it is interpreted within the judicial system does.
    And it was clear from a statement made that one of them clearly wasn't informed of all the facts regarding this case.
    That person was political grandstanding.
    Capisce?
    Umm, the other neighborhood watch captain does not judicial system and also doeen't interpret the law -- yet his opinion you call relevant; whereas the author of the law you call irrelevant.

    Seems your opinion of relevance is limited to whom you agree with.

  10. #290
    On Vacation
    joko104's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 03:32 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    31,568
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    I think that's probably the right thing to do. There is nothing like a public trial to quell dissent and gets the real facts out there. Zimmerman might want that as well. I would if I were innocent and were put in his position.
    After Obama's statement, it will be very difficult of a largely African-American grand jury under a Democrat elected judge in a Democrat city of a HIGH African-American population to not indict as those are not appealable and no transcript every available.

    I suspect the federals might try to use a catch-all "violation of civil rights" criminal federal charge - an abstract law that basically allows finding someone guilty of being a racist - during which Zimmerman is held in a very dangerous situation.

    There seems only 3 choices to Zimmerman IF indicted:

    Endure an extended time in jail - either is isolation (which is torture) or in constant danger in general population awaiting trial - in which he has a crappy attorney appointed by and paid for by the state (meaning causes not trouble) against the full force of the federal government.
    Ideally, they'll want him to plea to manslaughter offering a pretty good deal - and to save his life he probably has to accept it.

    If he fights it and gets a prison term, there are only two outcomes given the massive attention to him including the President himself:
    1. He is put in isolation. In the book about Devil's Island, being put in solitaire was more feared that beatings, torture and rape. Anyone who doesn't think solitary confinement is unbearable, go see how long you can stand staying alone in an empty closet.
    2. Or being put in general population where I don't think he'd live very long and quite upleasantly. Of course, by then he will be forgotten and his death just a footnote.

    It is my opinion that Zimmerman should go to Peru or into hiding as doing so not is not illegal. He could come back after a year, thus eliminating the prosecution holding him in jail a year or two claiming they need time to prepare for trial. Since there are no warrants for him now and given he has already had to go into hiding for death threats, his doing so would not be illegal. This also would push it past the election.

Page 29 of 33 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •