Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 327

Thread: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

  1. #251
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    The only person to blame is Trayvon. For attacking another person.
    Nope. According to Florida law, Trayvon was within his rights to defend himself from someone he reasonably believed posed an imminent threat to attacking him.

  2. #252
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    And thats the bottom line.

    Martin's lack composure and common sense

    Don't want to be treated like a criminal, don't talk/walk/dress/act like one. Dump the urban/ghetto/gangsta/ look/attitude right in the ass.


    Does this mean no one wearing a hoodie in Florida is safe from wannabe cops like Zimmerman?


  3. #253
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Nope. According to Florida law, Trayvon was within his rights to defend himself from someone he reasonably believed posed an imminent threat to attacking him.
    Yes. The only person to blame is Trayvon. For attacking another person.
    There is no evidence to suggest otherwise.
    Attacking someone from behind negates any claim of self defense.

    And as the Police Chief has said, no evidence contradicts Zimmerman's statement.

  4. #254
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Lets try to be truthful....critical, not hypocritical

    Would that have happened to you or would this have happened to Martin aka @NO_LIMIT_NIGGA if either of you were wearing a suit and tie?

    If you dress and act in a manner that is associated with a certain subculture, then you're going to be assumed to be a member of said subculture and treated accordingly
    Well I agree that is how one would be viewed in that manner by someone who is prejudiced or racist.

  5. #255
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    Nope. According to Florida law, Trayvon was within his rights to defend himself from someone he reasonably believed posed an imminent threat to attacking him.
    More hyperbole I see.

    Zimmerman was observing Trayvon before he put his hood on.

    This isn't about his hoodie or how he looked in it or if it - whatever.
    It isn't relevant.

    Everybody! Repeat after me - The hoodie isn't relevant.

    See how easy that was?

  6. #256
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    More hyperbole I see.

    Zimmerman was observing Trayvon before he put his hood on.

    This isn't about his hoodie or how he looked in it or if it - whatever.
    It isn't relevant.

    Everybody! Repeat after me - The hoodie isn't relevant.

    See how easy that was?
    no kidding the hoodie is irrelevant

    What is relevant is that martin felt threatened by having someone follow him for blocks and then get out of his car and follow him some more
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  7. #257
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Yes. The only person to blame is Trayvon. For attacking another person.
    There is no evidence to suggest otherwise.
    Attacking someone from behind negates any claim of self defense.

    And as the Police Chief has said, no evidence contradicts Zimmerman's statement.
    There is no evidence that Zimmerman was attacked from behind. The only independent witness to that portion of the confrontation said it started with them talking to each other, with Trayvon asking why he was being followed; and then Zimmerman asking what Trayvon was doing there. Which, by the way, I haven't seen reported being in the police report.

    If Zimmerman did not inform the police of that exchange, he was lying to them in order to make it appear as though he was surprise attacked.

  8. #258
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    More hyperbole I see.

    Zimmerman was observing Trayvon before he put his hood on.

    This isn't about his hoodie or how he looked in it or if it - whatever.
    It isn't relevant.

    Everybody! Repeat after me - The hoodie isn't relevant.

    See how easy that was?
    My post about the hoodie was sarcasm in response to someone who claimed the hoodie contributed to this killing. Please pay better attention so I don't have to explain these things to you.

  9. #259
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:55 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,725

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheik Yerbuti View Post
    There is no evidence that Zimmerman was attacked from behind. The only independent witness to that portion of the confrontation said it started with them talking to each other, with Trayvon asking why he was being followed; and then Zimmerman asking what Trayvon was doing there. Which, by the way, I haven't seen reported being in the police report.

    If Zimmerman did not inform the police of that exchange, he was lying to them in order to make it appear as though he was surprise attacked.
    Actually, Treyvon's sister heard that exchange between him and Zimmerman, just before the phone line went dead.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  10. #260
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post

    Trayvon confronted Zimmerman first.
    I'm still waiting for an explanation ... Zimmerman was in his car on the phone with the 911 ... how did he end up in a postion to be confronted by Trayvon?

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •