Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 327

Thread: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

  1. #11
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Enola View Post
    Zimmerman ignored the dispatcher's advice and killed this kid for NO REASON.
    No reason?
    That football player attacked him.

    Also, he wasn't under any obligation to follow the dispatchers advise.

    Lee, the police chief, said in a statement that the police dispatcher's "suggestion" to Zimmerman that he did not need to follow Martin "is not a lawful order that Mr. Zimmermann would be required to follow."

    "Mr. Zimmerman's statement was that he had lost sight of Trayvon and was returning to his truck to meet the police officer when he says he was attacked by Trayvon," Lee said.
    'Stand Your Ground Law' at center of Fla. shooting - Yahoo! News

    Here is some more evidence that those not participating in the other thread may not be aware of.

    "The guy on the bottom, who had a red sweater on, was yelling to me, 'Help! Help!' and I told him to stop, and I was calling 911," said the witness, who asked to be identified only by his first name, John.

    John said he locked his patio door, ran upstairs and heard at least one gun shot.

    "And then, when I got upstairs and looked down, the guy who was on the top beating up the other guy, was the one laying in the grass, and I believe he was dead at that point."
    Man shot and killed in neighborhood altercation
    Sanford police detectives claimed:
    It was prosecutors who advised them there was not enough evidence to win a manslaughter conviction.
    Lead detective played recording of screams for help and Martin's Father said voice on 911 call was not his son's.
    Sanford Police Speak Out In Trayvon Martin Case - Yahoo! News
    Last edited by Excon; 03-24-12 at 04:35 AM.

  2. #12
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Enola View Post
    Do you know how many threads I started not knowing another one was already in progress? Or how many times I started one because another aspect came up that needed it's own thread because the other one maybe got derailed? Or a new one was needed because so many posts were in the other one, new info gets lost?
    I didn't know the Chief of Police stepped down, nor that a special team was brought in on this case...until I saw this thread.

    So yes, I get what you're saying, but saying he needed his name in lights was not fair or very nice. Dana doesn't need a spotlight. He shines all on his own.
    ya, I imagine I'll get dinged for pointing at his little soap box rant about how we should all think would fit perfectly in the other thread on the top of this forum with 5 million views.

  3. #13
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    No reason?
    That football player attacked him.

    Also, he wasn't under any obligation to follow the dispatchers advise.

    Here is some more evidence that those not participating in the other thread may not be aware of.
    evidence suggests that Zimmerman did not fire his weapon until after the adult male witness he was screaming to for help went inside and locked the doors and called for 911 (which Zimmerman had already done).

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    04-04-12 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    348

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    I thought this thread would attract more attention than it has. Is it because people have made up their minds already?
    No. But, it might have something to do with the total hypocrisy that continually gets piled a mile high in this country, whenever a white person is either accused or thought to be responsible for the killing of a black person in America.

    Maybe people are sick and tired of the hypocrisy and the double standards.

    Some of these same people, who want to flood Zimmerman with "protections under the law" and endow him with "innocent until proven guilty" prose, were quite possibly standing out in front of O.J. Simpson's house BEFORE any trial took place, chanting "Murder, Murder, Murder!" Or, did we somehow forget that?

    I remember the so-called "candle vigils" that took place, long before O.J. was ever put on trial, where white people stood on his gate calling him a "Murder." Yet, this Zimmerman, clearly a very disturbed individual, can say to the 911 dispatcher: "They always get away with stuff like this..." - then walk out of his house, chase a young boy down in the streets who was holding Ice Tea and Candy (for goodness sakes), where witnesses heard the boy yell, "Get off me! Get off....!" - then "Pop"
    was the sound clearly heard on the 911 tape by all.

    The next thing you know, Zimmerman, is being pampered by the Police? Never arrested? The matter was never initially investigated as a murder?

    How the hell can you get a call from a guy who tells you, "They always get away with stuff like this...," tells 911 that he's pursuing the guy, has 911 tell him not to pursue the guy, hearing the boy yell in the background saying "Get off me! Get off...!," then hearing gun fire in the background; and not have Zimmerman as you Number #1 Suspect?

    Zimmerman, had eyes on the boy! Who the **** else had eyes on the boy, other than Zimmerman? So, if Zimmerman, has eyes on the boy - AND - you then hear gun fire in the background, coming through Zimmerman's phone, how on earth could Zimmerman, ever get out of a conversation with the police, without telling the police WHO shot the damn boy?

    Maybe. Just maybe, some people in this country are tired of crap like this continually happening and just maybe, some people in this country might be calling for a Nat Turner Revival in America to prevent this stuff from continually happening with malice of forethought.

    Just maybe, that might be the case.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    evidence suggests that Zimmerman did not fire his weapon until after the adult male witness he was screaming to for help went inside and locked the doors and called for 911 (which Zimmerman had already done).
    Yep.
    Info and link in the post you quoted.

  6. #16
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    Forums get too disorganized when we start arguing the same topic in two separate threads.
    Breaking news would get lost in the other threads. Breaking news is breaking news.

    Name in lights? Is that why you start threads?
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  7. #17
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilots For 911 Truth View Post
    O.J. Simpson
    This ought to ruffle some feather's.
    As far as I am concerned, by the admitted evidence, not all the extraneous bs, the verdict was just.


    But I must say - regarding this case about Zimmerman, it appears as though you have been poorly informed of the facts.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    04-04-12 @ 07:36 PM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    348

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    That football player attacked him.
    And, you know that how, exactly? You were there? You witnessed Trayvon, attacking Zimmerman?


    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Also, he wasn't under any obligation to follow the dispatchers advise.
    Common sense should have told the man to follow the dispatchers advise. Apparently, Zimmerman, had no common sense.


    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Here is some more evidence that those not participating in the other thread may not be aware of.
    Oh, so that's evidence now? You post a link from WHAT source, to prove that Zimmerman was the one being attacked? Are you kidding me!

    Zimmerman, places the call to 911
    Zimmerman, is the one staring down Trayvon, because Zimmerman is the one giving a description to the police
    Zimmerman, is the one who indicts himself with the statement, "They always get away with stuff like this..." (stuff like what? and who is "they" by the way)
    Zimmerman, is one who leave his house and pursues after 911 effectively tells him not to
    Zimmerman, is the one who confronts Trayvon
    Zimmerman, is the one who approaches Trayvon
    Zimmerman, is the one carrying a concealed weapon
    Zimmerman, had a past that was known for making bogus calls to 911
    Zimmerman, self appoints as the neighborhood "watchmen"

    At every turn, Zimmerman, is controlling AND escalating the situation. Zimmerman, could have stayed his butt in the house until the police arrived on the scene. The boy was heading home from the damn store. At what point is heading home from the store a criminal act, a possible criminal act, a suspicious act, or an act the is in anyway hostile, aggressive and/or somehow threatening to anyone?

    Any fool, worth their weight in salt can clearly see what happened in this case.

    But, let another black man get accused of killing a white woman in this country and you'll be standing out in front of his door (long before he gets arrested) chanting your disapproval by labeling him a "Murder, Murder, Murder!" - before he ever goes to trial, or even gets arrested and charged with a criminal act.

    Hypocrisy in America strikes again, no doubt.

  9. #19
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    ya, I imagine I'll get dinged for pointing at his little soap box rant about how we should all think would fit perfectly in the other thread on the top of this forum with 5 million views.
    Moderator's Warning:
    Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting caseIf you have an issue with a thread, report it. If you don't want to participate, don't. But cease what you are doing in this thread, now.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #20
    Educator
    taxigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Last Seen
    10-21-16 @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,205

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Pilots For 911 Truth View Post
    No. But, it might have something to do with the total hypocrisy that continually gets piled a mile high in this country, whenever a white person is either accused or thought to be responsible for the killing of a black person in America.

    Maybe people are sick and tired of the hypocrisy and the double standards.

    Some of these same people, who want to flood Zimmerman with "protections under the law" and endow him with "innocent until proven guilty" prose, were quite possibly standing out in front of O.J. Simpson's house BEFORE any trial took place, chanting "Murder, Murder, Murder!" Or, did we somehow forget that?

    I remember the so-called "candle vigils" that took place, long before O.J. was ever put on trial, where white people stood on his gate calling him a "Murder." Yet, this Zimmerman, clearly a very disturbed individual, can say to the 911 dispatcher: "They always get away with stuff like this..." - then walk out of his house, chase a young boy down in the streets who was holding Ice Tea and Candy (for goodness sakes), where witnesses heard the boy yell, "Get off me! Get off....!" - then "Pop"
    was the sound clearly heard on the 911 tape by all.

    The next thing you know, Zimmerman, is being pampered by the Police? Never arrested? The matter was never initially investigated as a murder?

    How the hell can you get a call from a guy who tells you, "They always get away with stuff like this...," tells 911 that he's pursuing the guy, has 911 tell him not to pursue the guy, hearing the boy yell in the background saying "Get off me! Get off...!," then hearing gun fire in the background; and not have Zimmerman as you Number #1 Suspect?

    Zimmerman, had eyes on the boy! Who the **** else had eyes on the boy, other than Zimmerman? So, if Zimmerman, has eyes on the boy - AND - you then hear gun fire in the background, coming through Zimmerman's phone, how on earth could Zimmerman, ever get out of a conversation with the police, without telling the police WHO shot the damn boy?

    Maybe. Just maybe, some people in this country are tired of crap like this continually happening and just maybe, some people in this country might be calling for a Nat Turner Revival in America to prevent this stuff from continually happening with malice of forethought.

    Just maybe, that might be the case.
    The quote you posted from me is from a different thread regarding one of Zimmerman's neighbors who is providing moral support.

    "You know, when they came and took away my fourth amendment I kept my yap shut, what the hell, I really didnít have anything to hide anyway. When they grabbed up my second amendment I sat still and bit my tongue because, truth be told, Iím allergic to guns. But here we are, you with your cold hard fingers wrapped around the neck of my first amendment and Iíve got to shout as loud as I can, because if I donít, before you know it, you wonít let me say nothing at all"
    --Randolph J. Dworkin

    ďReading makes a full man, meditation a profound man, discourse a clear man.Ē
    -- Ben Franklin

    "It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world"
    -- Chaos Theory

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •