Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 327

Thread: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

  1. #131
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    Again, a dispatcher's word has NO basis in freaking law- they can't *tell, order, instruct, etc* anyone to do anything

    Do you think all dispatchers are good? lol

    I think for ever good one on a night rotation....3 are god awful

    Not at all...but I have a problem with a 17 Year old being shot, when all he was armed with was an Iced Tea, and Skittles.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #132
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Can you claim self defense when you are the aggressor that caused the altercation in the first place?
    You do understand that I am arguing the evidence as it is known at this time, right?
    The evidence currently known does not support Zimmerman being the aggressor.
    And his statement is not contradicted by the known evidence either.

    But back to your supposed hypothetical, as applied to this situation. No, I doubt that a person could claim self defense if they were the actual aggressor.
    But since there is no evidence to support such a supposition, there is no reason even to consider it.

  3. #133
    Student Fubar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    greenville sc
    Last Seen
    07-03-13 @ 10:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    201

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That is what the defense for Zimmerman is counting on, however, what is causing such confusion is that those defending Zimmerman are making out Martin to be some thug kid, that attacked Zimmerman, when there isn't one of us that wouldn't be spooked by some stranger following us, and hell might even confront that person to see who they are, and why they are following...
    Bottom line at this moment is an old saying, "when two bad decisions meet, nothing good happens."
    Very true.so basically the stalker got attacked by the stalked?bad decision.the victim should have call the cops just like the stalker,not attack.that's when things got out of hand.oh well.I feel sorry for both.
    Last edited by Goshin; 03-24-12 at 06:19 PM. Reason: fix quote
    Listen to your conscience....and let it sink in.

  4. #134
    Sage
    ric27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Last Seen
    06-15-17 @ 02:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,539

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    Unless of course the jury is made up of the likes of some of the people here who just want to ignore that.
    A couple of words on juries...

    Their views are colored by Oprah, the media, Jersey Shore, the Walking Dead, CSI, Law and Order, etc

  5. #135
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,185

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    That is what the defense for Zimmerman is counting on, however, what is causing such confusion is that those defending Zimmerman are making out Martin to be some thug kid, that attacked Zimmerman, when there isn't one of us that wouldn't be spooked by some stranger following us, and hell might even confront that person to see who they are, and why they are following...
    Bottom line at this moment is an old saying, "when two bad decisions meet, nothing good happens."
    Very true.so basically the stalker got attacked by the stalked?bad decision.the victim should have call the cops just like the stalker,not attack.that's when things got out of hand.oh well.I feel sorry for both.

    Totally nailed it.

    According to info as available, Zimmerman followed Martin despite being advised against same by dispatch. Bad Call #1.

    According to Zimmerman, Martin attacked him... this is partly supported by his injuries and two eyewitness accounts.... Bad Call #2.

    Zimmerman shot an unarmed young man.... Bad Call #3, though he was being beaten at the time as far as we know and that could be considered adequate justification.

    Fortunately Zimmerman will be tried, if he is tried, in a court of law and not the court of uninformed public opinion.....

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  6. #136
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Well, I don't think so, see I don't like to blame the dead victim unless there is evidence pointing to such, and not some anonymous supposed "witness".
    If Trayvon is at fault for the confrontation, he is not a victim.

    The known evidence says that Zimmerman was attacked from behind - Zimmerman
    Trayvon confronted Zimmerman first w/a question. - Trayvon's girlfriend
    all other evidence is consistent with this

    Zimmerman was on his back and the one asking for help. - on scene eye witness
    The guy who was on top in the scuffle is now dead. - on scene eye witness

    Overheard statement of Zimmerman's, to the effect of, I was calling for help and no one came - on scene police

  7. #137
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    You do understand that I am arguing the evidence as it is known at this time, right?
    No, you are arguing selected portions of speculation given by media sources. Nothing has legally been entered into evidence in any public trial. So you don't know, unless you are part of the law enforcement team investigating this at the moment....Are you?

    The evidence currently known does not support Zimmerman being the aggressor.
    I disagree.

    As reported since that is the only info we have to go on...

    1. Zimmerman self described himself as a NW commander.
    2. Zimmerman iniated pursuit of Martin as Martin told his girlfriend over the phone.
    3. Zimmerman was advised to no pursue by 911 operators, and ignored that advice.
    4. Martin started to run, Zimmerman ran after him.

    These things IMHO, make Zimmerman the aggressor....

    And his statement is not contradicted by the known evidence either.
    We don't know all the "known evidence" as the investigation is ongoing.

    But back to your supposed hypothetical, as applied to this situation. No, I doubt that a person could claim self defense if they were the actual aggressor.
    But since there is no evidence to support such a supposition, there is no reason even to consider it.
    Then you should cease saying that it was self defense. Good God man, you haven't got a clue what evidence the Police have and what they don't...You can act as arrogant as you please, but that doesn't make what you say worth a warm bucket of spit unless you can say that you are part of the investigation, which I highly doubt.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  8. #138
    Sage
    Excon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-14-17 @ 01:26 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,997

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by ric27 View Post
    A couple of words on juries...

    Their views are colored by Oprah, the media, Jersey Shore, the Walking Dead, CSI, Law and Order, etc
    Of course they are and it is something that the legal system has to deal with.
    In my opinion, they don't do enough, but that means nothing overall.

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    10-30-17 @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    30

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by Excon View Post
    ...But back to your supposed hypothetical, as applied to this situation. No, I doubt that a person could claim self defense if they were the actual aggressor.
    But since there is no evidence to support such a supposition, there is no reason even to consider it.
    There are things we should consider; there are things we should consider considering.
    We also should consider that there are considerable considerations; that is to say we know there are some things we do not consider.
    But there are also inconsiderable considerations there are things we should consider not considering.
    [NOT by Donald Rumsfeld]


    Sorry, couldn't help myself.

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    08-25-16 @ 08:31 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    11,265

    Re: Trayvon Martin: Special prosecutor appointed in Trayvon Martin shooting case

    Quote Originally Posted by MaggieD View Post
    Ridiculous. If he was "already scared," sensible people would ask, "Then why the hell didn't you just drive away?? You damn well knew the LEO's were on their way." That's not going to fly, my friend.

    Whether or not charges are pressed, whether or not he is found guilty or innocent, a whole bunch of law-abiding Americans are going to put the blame for Martin's death squarely on Zimmerman's shoulders...where it belongs.

    Stay in the car and drive away: A few minutes later, a marked police car pulls up to Martin...a uniformed police officer exits his vehicle...asks Martin what his business is in the neighborhood (Personally, I don't think he should even ask that.) Martin tells him...continues to walk to his dad's girlfriend's house...drinks his iced tea...and finishes his Skittles.
    Not only did Zimmerman not stay in or near his SUV, but at one point when the 911 dispatch is informing him a cruiser is on its way over, the 911 dispatcher asks Zimmerman if he'll wait by some mailboxes where he was at the moment and Zimmerman asked if the arriving officer could call him instead so Zimmerman could tell the cop his location because at that moment, Zimmerman decided he was going hunting for Martin after Martin ran off.

Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •