Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 102

Thread: Marine faces dismissal for anti-Obama Facebook posts

  1. #11
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Marine faces dismissal for anti-Obama Facebook posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_State View Post
    Everybody seems to be on track on this. If his facebook page had 0 association with him being in the military, he might have a leg to stand on, but most likely not.
    There it is. That's why he didn't violate any regulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #12
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Marine faces dismissal for anti-Obama Facebook posts

    If this is if this is the same marine who said he wouldn't obey his commander and chief and basically implied that other shouldn't either then he should be discharged.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  3. #13
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Marine faces dismissal for anti-Obama Facebook posts

    Not obeying the Commander in Chief I do have a problem with. He is dead wrong in that aspect.

    But I don't have any problem with this man actively using his right to free speech to question the moves of the president or the military in a non official capacity. I recall back when Bush was president and we were going into Afghanistan and Iraq a multitude of military members actively spoke out against it and were punished. Liberals came out in droves in support of those guys. Where are they at now? Or do they only support military free speech when a republican is president?

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Marine faces dismissal for anti-Obama Facebook posts

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Liberals came out in droves in support of those guys. Where are they at now? Or do they only support military free speech when a republican is president?

    Some are hypocrites in that regards. I never have supported acts like this Marine did. Military members are supposed to conduct themselves in a professional manner. I don't feel questioning the president in this manner (whether it was Bush or Obama) is professional or legal. In fact, while I was in the military I didn't agree with the Iraq one at all. However, I conducted myself in a professional manner and I got the job done. It wasn't until I retired that I spoke out against the Iraq War.

    However, I also remember some conservatives SUPPORTING those decisions to punish military members for that, now because it is Obama they don't.

  5. #15
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: Marine faces dismissal for anti-Obama Facebook posts

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Not obeying the Commander in Chief I do have a problem with. He is dead wrong in that aspect.


    Did he disobey any order?

    But I don't have any problem with this man actively using his right to free speech to question the moves of the president or the military in a non official capacity. I recall back when Bush was president and we were going into Afghanistan and Iraq a multitude of military members actively spoke out against it and were punished.
    Who was punished for just speaking out?

    Liberals came out in droves in support of those guys. Where are they at now? Or do they only support military free speech when a republican is president?
    I think we all know the answer to that.
    Last edited by apdst; 03-22-12 at 12:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Marine faces dismissal for anti-Obama Facebook posts

    this Marine threatened mutiny, which is a criminal offense.

  7. #17
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,571

    Re: Marine faces dismissal for anti-Obama Facebook posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    this Marine threatened mutiny, which is a criminal offense.


    So you want his in jail? hung?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #18
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    10-28-17 @ 06:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    15,248

    Re: Marine faces dismissal for anti-Obama Facebook posts

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    U.S. Marine faces boot for anti-Obama Facebook posts

    To me, this is pretty messed up. Military should be allowed to speak their minds and give their opinions about what they are doing.
    No, you are wrong. The military cannot be involved in politics. It's the first thing I was told when I put on the uniform. Publicly criticizing the Commander in Chief or the Secretary of Defense or U.S. policy is simply not allowed, nor should it be. My commander in Chief was Richard Nixon when I was in the service, and although I loathed the man I would never, ever have allowed myself to become involved in a public political demonstration or expression of sentiments.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Marine faces dismissal for anti-Obama Facebook posts

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Some are hypocrites in that regards. I never have supported acts like this Marine did. Military members are supposed to conduct themselves in a professional manner. I don't feel questioning the president in this manner (whether it was Bush or Obama) is professional or legal. In fact, while I was in the military I didn't agree with the Iraq one at all. However, I conducted myself in a professional manner and I got the job done. It wasn't until I retired that I spoke out against the Iraq War.

    However, I also remember some conservatives SUPPORTING those decisions to punish military members for that, now because it is Obama they don't.
    Your right and it absolutely works both ways. And I respect that you choose to do you job as all military members should.

    There are two parts going on here. The man saying he wouldn't or encouraging others to not follow orders, which I completely disagree with. And him expressing concern over choices the government or the president is making. That is the something the government should not suppressing.

  10. #20
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: Marine faces dismissal for anti-Obama Facebook posts

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There it is. That's why he didn't violate any regulations.
    The name of the page was "Armed Forces Tea Party"

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •