Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 418

Thread: New Hampshire to vote on gay marriage repeal

  1. #221
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: New Hampshire to vote on gay marriage repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Who do you think guarantees your right to due process?
    Why the US Constitution nationally, the state constitution locally, and ultimately it is up to me, my liberal friend.

  2. #222
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,038

    Re: New Hampshire to vote on gay marriage repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    So you believe that the courts are the equivalent of earlier kings?

    The Supreme Court should not be on the side of the states who overturn the will of the voting people. That is tyranny. It will lead inevitably to revolution. I am sorry to see that fdyou are on the side of the tyrant.
    oh the irony

    See, from my standpoint, you are the one on the side of tyrants. The courts are checked by many factors, including the fact that they cant touch an issue unless it is brought to them. Also there are 9 of them with varying beliefs.

    Oh and then there is the ultimate check put into the Constitution, the Amendment process which allows people to put into place what they want if it is a major concern of a supermajority of the nation. We learned how well that works with Prohibition.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: New Hampshire to vote on gay marriage repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    oh the irony

    See, from my standpoint, you are the one on the side of tyrants. The courts are checked by many factors, including the fact that they cant touch an issue unless it is brought to them. Also there are 9 of them with varying beliefs.

    Oh and then there is the ultimate check put into the Constitution, the Amendment process which allows people to put into place what they want if it is a major concern of a supermajority of the nation. We learned how well that works with Prohibition.
    The courts are no longer checked. I think you know that. It is easy to get a case.
    This is not a federal constitutional issue. It is a state issue. Have the Supremes heard a case and decided? Or have all of the courts been lower courts as happened in California?
    Thirty-one states have put the question to their citizens and thirty-one times the people, from whom government power comes have said no, thanks. And you believe that nine unaccountable people should decide? That is goofy. Are you a citizen? Or a subject in the failed state of California?

  4. #224
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,038

    Re: New Hampshire to vote on gay marriage repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    The courts are no longer checked. I think you know that. It is easy to get a case.
    This is not a federal constitutional issue. It is a state issue. Have the Supremes heard a case and decided? Or have all of the courts been lower courts as happened in California?
    Thirty-one states have put the question to their citizens and thirty-one times the people, from whom government power comes have said no, thanks. And you believe that nine unaccountable people should decide? That is goofy. Are you a citizen? Or a subject in the failed state of California?
    Angry much?

    The issue is heading to the SCOTUS from a number of different states and angles. It will likely be at least on of those cases that, in the very least, brings down DOMA and requires the states to recognize SSM all over.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: New Hampshire to vote on gay marriage repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Angry much?
    Actually no. I am a conservative. Studies show we are much happier across the board (meaning in every surveyed category ever tested) than liberals or those who claim to be slightly conservative.

    The issue is heading to the SCOTUS from a number of different states and angles. It will likely be at least on of those cases that, in the very least, brings down DOMA and requires the states to recognize SSM all over.
    I see. So you can tell the future. How very cool. In the meantime shall the sovereign people, from whom all political power flows, retain their voice?

  6. #226
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: New Hampshire to vote on gay marriage repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    Actually no. I am a conservative. Studies show we are much happier across the board (meaning in every surveyed category ever tested) than liberals or those who claim to be slightly conservative.
    Ignorance is bliss.

    Oh and boring as ****

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: New Hampshire to vote on gay marriage repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Ignorance is bliss.

    Oh and boring as ****
    It is all you have, my liberal friend. It is all you have. Cling to your ignorance.

  8. #228
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: New Hampshire to vote on gay marriage repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Misterveritis View Post
    It is all you have, my liberal friend. It is all you have. Cling to your ignorance.
    You'r "Iam rubber you are glue response" is duly noted.

    Enjoy your blissful happiness.

  9. #229
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,781

    Re: New Hampshire to vote on gay marriage repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Its just a matter of time before the people of Vermont speak up on this issue, just like they will in NJ when activist legislatures go crazy for votes.......
    You've been wrong about this before... in fact, right here in this thread. You'll be wrong again.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #230
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Huntsville, AL
    Last Seen
    03-03-17 @ 10:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,813

    Re: New Hampshire to vote on gay marriage repeal

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    You'r "Iam rubber you are glue response" is duly noted.

    Enjoy your blissful happiness.
    LOL. You too, my liberal friend.

Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •