Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 83

Thread: Gunman kills four at French Jewish school

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-13-12 @ 02:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,556

    Gunman kills four at French Jewish school


  2. #2
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: Gunman kills four at French Jewish school

    i knew this thread would come.

    guess it shows extreme gun control doesnt stop gun violence.
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  3. #3
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Gunman kills four at French Jewish school

    Gun crime in France, eh? Well it seems that the series of attacks have been from the same individual, at least that's what the report seems to indicate. Hopefully they can catch that guy before he strikes again.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #4
    Guru
    Ben K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,717

    Re: Gunman kills four at French Jewish school

    Quote Originally Posted by beerftw View Post
    i knew this thread would come.

    guess it shows extreme gun control doesnt stop gun violence.
    If only the Rabbi and kids were armed...

  5. #5
    defected to kekistan
    beerftw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    kekistan
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 01:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    13,376

    Re: Gunman kills four at French Jewish school

    Quote Originally Posted by Ben K. View Post
    If only the Rabbi and kids were armed...
    no i think what its really about is less violent society like france still has nutjobs,and no one can expect to change that,
    “[The metric system is the tool of the Devil! My car gets forty rods to the hogshead, and that’s the way I likes it!” – Abe “Grampa” Simpson”

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-13-12 @ 02:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: Gunman kills four at French Jewish school

    Witnesses said the man died trying to shield his sons, that Miriam was the daughter of the director of the school and that the shooter had chased her into the school and grabbed her before finishing her off at close range.

    Sad when people go berserk

  7. #7
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Gunman kills four at French Jewish school

    Anybody else curious about the "anti-semitic" charge issued by Sarkozy and Hollande? Given that victims from an earlier shooting they believe might have been caused by the same shooter were of Arabic descent, what makes them so confident that this attack was specifically committed because the school was Jewish? Did the killer scream anti-semitic slurs before opening fire?

    I'm curious about the true MO of the shooter. I would worry that declaring this intentionally anti-semitic or caused by anti-semitic feeling might muddy the investigative waters a bit.
    Last edited by tessaesque; 03-19-12 at 06:19 PM.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


  8. #8
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Gunman kills four at French Jewish school

    Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    Sad when people go berserk
    I don't know if this man is "berserk" though. It sounds like he's still thinking and can plan out attacks and get aways. He may be fully cognizant. Which is actually a lot scarier than an individual going berserk because it may take some time then to hunt him down, and in the interim he’ll be able to continue to do some damage. A berserker is usually a flash in the pan.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-13-12 @ 02:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: Gunman kills four at French Jewish school

    Quote Originally Posted by tessaesque View Post
    Anybody else curious about the "anti-semitic" charge issued by Sarkozy and Hollande? Given that victims from an earlier shooting they believe might have been caused by the same shooter were of Arabic descent, what makes them so confident that this attack was specifically committed because the school was Jewish? Did the killer scream anti-semitic slurs before opening fire?

    I'm curious about the true MO of the shooter. I would worry that declaring this intentionally anti-semitic or caused by anti-semitic feeling might muddy the investigative waters a bit.


    We don't know all the details yet, but they are talking about neo-nazi killer described as a burly 'lone wolf' assassin with a tattoo on his face and a grudge against ethnic minorities .... we'll have to wait for more information as it develops.

  10. #10
    Bring us a shrubbery!
    tessaesque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Plano, Texas
    Last Seen
    11-09-17 @ 06:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    15,910

    Re: Gunman kills four at French Jewish school

    Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    We don't know all the details yet, but they are talking about neo-nazi killer described as a burly 'lone wolf' assassin with a tattoo on his face and a grudge against ethnic minorities .... we'll have to wait for more information as it develops.
    Well if that's true it makes more sense in light of the claims of the president and his challenger. The article didn't really mention any details that were known about the man except the scooter and gun info. On the basis of the article the anti-semitism claim seemed a little unfounded.
    "Hmmm...Can't decide if I want to watch "Four Houses" or give myself an Icy Hot pee hole enema..." - Blake Shelton


Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •