Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 174

Thread: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

  1. #81
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    There is one thing that makes both the occupy and tea party protests equal. Its the signs both sides hold up some really stupid signs. But it makes for good entertainment.
    Do you have and example of the tea party signs that are offensive... I think unlike the occupy people the tea partiers police there own...At least there have been very few police arrests
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  2. #82
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    No, that's pretty much all you, dude.
    what does that mean?
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    NJ
    Last Seen
    07-12-12 @ 05:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    494

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Some of them might be... but what does that have to do with him? To say something like "Obamas footsoldiers" implies that he's directing them to do what they're doing. Which he is not.

    You are making a guilt by association fallacy.

    If a Neo-Nazi votes for Santorum, does that make Santorum a Neo-Nazi?
    Obama made several public statements endorsing and sympathizing with them.... also keep in mind that Nancy Pelosi endorses them and also gave OWS her blessings.

  4. #84
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,040

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Do you have and example of the tea party signs that are offensive... I think unlike the occupy people the tea partiers police there own...At least there have been very few police arrests
    You have to be joking. here are some of the less offensive ones that the tea party so proudly policed themselves with.

    tea-party-racist-signsback-to-kenya.jpgtea-party-sign-toter.jpgTeabagging8.jpgslide_1398_20093_large.jpg912_signcropp.jpg

  5. #85
    A Man Without A Country
    Mr. Invisible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,957
    Blog Entries
    71

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Why don't they like him?
    Because he has curbed civil liberties even further than the Bush adminstration has and has taken the country even further down into hell.
    "And in the end, we were all just humans, drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness."

  6. #86
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,618

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I somehow doubt Obama gives a rats ass about occu-tard protesters.The reason these protesters are costing their cities millions of dollars is because the dumb ass mayors in those cities tolerated them using those parks over night without a permit and didn't kick them out of the parks at COB.Those dumb ass mayors did start worrying about the occu-tards until their retarded **** started getting out of hand.
    Obama and the dems WILL exploit the hell out of them though. Blame it all on the rich...and its not like many of those ****heads have enough integrity to stop and realize...hey...wait a minute...thats YOU guys...

    With all those morons travelling the country to attend the meetings, investing their time and money and resources...you'd think that by now they could have opened bunches of little socialist factory outlets and started businesses running them 'their way' and set an example. Nah...they will continue to do as always...'demand' (what a crack up, that) that the successful do their bidding. Morons.

  7. #87
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    what does that mean?
    It means that, despite the fact that you clearly don't see it, you are, in fact, demonizing the OWS protesters. To be clear, I think a lot of what they've done is sheer wankery. Some of it creates public health problems, and some of what they (or some of them) want is at best naive, and at worst actively crazy; but they've also drawn attention to important issues, and buried in their hippie rhetoric, they have valid concerns.

    No matter how much you'd like to believe otherwise, they aren't rapists (as a group) and they aren't Obama's puppets. In a nutshell, the world is a lot less simple than you think it is. You'd do well to remember that the next time you're pushing for a black vs. white model on a given political issue.

  8. #88
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,040

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    It means that, despite the fact that you clearly don't see it, you are, in fact, demonizing the OWS protesters. To be clear, I think a lot of what they've done is sheer wankery. Some of it creates public health problems, and some of what they (or some of them) want is at best naive, and at worst actively crazy; but they've also drawn attention to important issues, and buried in their hippie rhetoric, they have valid concerns.

    No matter how much you'd like to believe otherwise, they aren't rapists (as a group) and they aren't Obama's puppets. In a nutshell, the world is a lot less simple than you think it is. You'd do well to remember that the next time you're pushing for a black vs. white model on a given political issue.
    Thats just the problem with the Occupy movement though, they and their hippie rhetoric as you call it is trivaliazing the real concerns that all Americans have about what direction that we are heading. In turn stoking the us and them war that both sides are diving into. I suspect that OWS is setting everyone back not moving us ahead in the fight against corruption. much like the Tea partiers really in the same exact counterproductive quagmire.
    Last edited by FreedomFromAll; 03-20-12 at 01:46 AM.

  9. #89
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    It means that, despite the fact that you clearly don't see it, you are, in fact, demonizing the OWS protesters. To be clear, I think a lot of what they've done is sheer wankery. Some of it creates public health problems, and some of what they (or some of them) want is at best naive, and at worst actively crazy; but they've also drawn attention to important issues, and buried in their hippie rhetoric, they have valid concerns.

    No matter how much you'd like to believe otherwise, they aren't rapists (as a group) and they aren't Obama's puppets. In a nutshell, the world is a lot less simple than you think it is. You'd do well to remember that the next time you're pushing for a black vs. white model on a given political issue.
    They are rapists and they do**** and piss in the streets If Obama and Pelosi don't back them why did the make speeches doing it???????
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #90
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Thats just the problem with the Occupy movement though, they and their hippie rhetoric as you call it is trivaliazing the real concerns that all Americans have about what direction that we are heading. In turn stoking the us and them war that both sides are diving into. I suspect that OWS is setting everyone back not moving us ahead in the fight against corruption. much like the Tea partiers really in the same exact counterproductive quagmire.
    Thanks the the class war by the 1% over the last 30 years, we now have the highest disparity of wealth in this country since before the Great Depression, and you expect people to just take it without fighting back?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •