Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 174

Thread: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

  1. #51
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    There have been rapes in Oakland California.. There were 73 arrests today....... Boy do you drink the left wing koolaid.............I thought you were smarter then that.....why do you think the left has stopped supporting them now?
    There are rapes all over the country. Would it make sense for me to say "rapes occur in California, therefore Californians are rapists?" No? Okay then. And "the left" doesn't do any one thing.

  2. #52
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So if I ran an event called "hanging blacks with the Tea Party" I would be a Tea Party leader and would prove that the Tea Party really is racist?
    The flaw in your argument is the tea party people protested peaceably singing patriotic songs and waving flags, not burning them like your friends do..

    Unlike the occupied if the tea party people got out of line they were condemned by the tea party..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  3. #53
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Aderleth View Post
    There are rapes all over the country. Would it make sense for me to say "rapes occur in California, therefore Californians are rapists?" No? Okay then. And "the left" doesn't do any one thing.
    The difference is these rapes took place at occupied protests......
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  4. #54
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    The difference is these rapes took place at occupied protests......
    That's different how? Besides your own desire to demonize OWS protestors of course.

  5. #55
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    That's really dumb, Redress. It's a video of these people speaking about wanting to abolish capitalism. Because you dislike the messengers, you refuse to believe these people actually spoke the words coming out of their mouths.
    So if I make a video about the Tea Party movement and how it can strategize, I am a leader of the Tea Party movement. That is really dumb, you are right. So is posting a Breitbart video and thinking any one other than far right wing hacks is going to take it seriously. Who would you trust to get info from about the Tea Party, Democratic Underground, or The Tea Party? What you are doing would be exactly like me using DU to make claims about the Tea Party. Just a suggestion: go to news sources, not far righty blogs. You might actually learn something.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #56
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,358

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Redress, you're under the assumption that your "legitimate news sources" would report on a discussion panel entitled "The Abolition of Capitalism". Ha!

    I suppose Beck and Breitbart created some very life-like puppets, stuck their hands under their shirts and read from the "anti-capitalism" script. Your refusal to believe what is coming out of their mouths (wait, I'm guessing you didn't even watch it) so.... Your refusal to even open your eyes and ears because someone you really hate pointed it out to you is incredibly closed-minded. At least some people here are intellectually honest and admit that some Occupy big wigs are anti-capitalists. You... not so much.


  7. #57
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Redress, you're under the assumption that your "legitimate news sources" would report on a discussion panel entitled "The Abolition of Capitalism". Ha!

    I suppose Beck and Breitbart created some very life-like puppets, stuck their hands under their shirts and read from the "anti-capitalism" script. Your refusal to believe what is coming out of their mouths (wait, I'm guessing you didn't even watch it) so.... Your refusal to even open your eyes and ears because someone you really hate pointed it out to you is incredibly closed-minded. At least some people here are intellectually honest and admit that some Occupy big wigs are anti-capitalists. You... not so much.
    To date, the only Occupy group to issue concrete demands is the Occupy Maine group. Here are their demands:

    National Demands

    ! We demand an end to corporate personhood.
    ! We demand the removal of private interests from public policy and the instatement of publicly funded elections.
    ! We demand a progressive tax on the wealthy and the elimination of tax loopholes.
    ! We demand re-regulation of financial institutions and the prosecution of financial criminals.
    ! We demand the return of Bank and investment firm bailout money to the People
    ! We demand an end to capital punishment.
    ! We demand the restoration of “sound” money and competition in currency.

    Local Demands

    ! We demand affordable heating oil for Mainers.
    ! We demand bringing the men and women of the Maine National Guard home.
    ! We demand amending corporate personhood.
    ! We demand viable public transportation infrastructure.

    Occupy Maine Issues Concrete Demands | Irregular Times
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  8. #58
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Josie View Post
    Redress, you're under the assumption that your "legitimate news sources" would report on a discussion panel entitled "The Abolition of Capitalism". Ha!

    I suppose Beck and Breitbart created some very life-like puppets, stuck their hands under their shirts and read from the "anti-capitalism" script. Your refusal to believe what is coming out of their mouths (wait, I'm guessing you didn't even watch it) so.... Your refusal to even open your eyes and ears because someone you really hate pointed it out to you is incredibly closed-minded. At least some people here are intellectually honest and admit that some Occupy big wigs are anti-capitalists. You... not so much.
    The funny thing is I am very consistant. I don't use far right news sources, nor far left. I don't trust videos. I don't beleive in any vast right or left wing conspiracies. I don't need some political propagandist to tell me what to beleive.

    Now, what you have yet to show is OWS leadership. Not even one scrap. You showed a video from a source famous for editing videos, and even then it does not show that the people in it are OWS leaders. People in OWS do not claim them for leaders, but somehow you are sure these people must be those leaders, knowing more than the people actually in the movement. It's been part of the great fun of those attacking the OWS that they would be the first to throw a fit if people used their tactics against the Tea Party.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #59
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    So tell me something you don't think this scum are Hussein Obama's supporters?
    This is a joke right?
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

  10. #60
    Guru

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    In a Blue State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    4,732

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    Its just like any left wing protests you see on CSPAN Left wingers Communists, Socialists, Nazis, Cuban Radicals and many other subversive groups that want to bring this country down
    Protesting brings countries down? I thought we did that to improve the country.
    We went from sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me to safe spaces.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •