Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 174

Thread: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

  1. #91
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,040

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Thanks the the class war by the 1% over the last 30 years, we now have the highest disparity of wealth in this country since before the Great Depression, and you expect people to just take it without fighting back?
    While i do not subscribe to that assertion I did not imply that anyone should take anything. In fact I implied the opposite. What I said was that because of the misguided steps of both the teabaggers and the occupiers we are less likely to be able to make any progress anytime soon without creating chaos.

    One could say both groups have played into the hand of corruption and neither even have a clue how much they are contributing to the problems that they are protesting.

    Both sides should have forgot about any ideological bull**** and had tried to create a movement among all Americans. Instead both sides are battling each other while our enemy sits back and laughs at us. Mixed in to the mix are even worse people that want to actually take over the country. Meanwhile people like you run around helping them by making it appear that the movement is organic when it obviously is not. If either movement were truly organic winter would not have slowed down anything in fact it would have catapulted it. ANd today the conversation would be the only conversation going on. But instead the conversation is not in the mainstream public at all. ANd come May day the movement will further alienate the common citizen. Btw the occupier counterparts (teabaggers) have not disappeared either they have their own protests planned. At some point the two will clash. I am hoping sooner than later. Perhaps they will both destroy their creditably and Americans will push them out of the picture. Probably not though since both sides are settling in for the long haul and the final fight.
    Last edited by FreedomFromAll; 03-20-12 at 02:19 AM.

  2. #92
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    While i do not subscribe to that assertion I did not imply that anyone should take anything. In fact I implied the opposite. What I said was that because of the misguided steps of both the teabaggers and the occupiers we are less likely to be able to make any progress anytime soon without creating chaos.

    One could say both groups have played into the hand of corruption and neither even have a clue how much they are contributing to the problems that they are protesting.

    Both sides should have forgot about any ideological bull**** and had tried to create a movement among all Americans. Instead both sides are battling each other while our enemy sits back and laughs at us. Mixed in to the mix are even worse people that want to actually take over the country. Meanwhile people like you run around helping them by making it appear that the movement is organic when it obviously is not. If either movement were truly organic winter would not have slowed down anything in fact it would have catapulted it. ANd today the conversation would be the only conversation going on. But instead the conversation is not in the mainstream public at all. ANd come May day the movement will further alienate the common citizen. Btw the occupier counterparts (teabaggers) have not disappeared either they have their own protests planned. At some point the two will clash. I am hoping sooner than later. Perhaps they will both destroy their creditably and Americans will push them out of the picture. Probably not though since both sides are settling in for the long haul and the final fight.

    The groups represent the ideological split within the electorate.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  3. #93
    Anti political parties
    FreedomFromAll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    New Mexico USA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,040

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The groups represent the ideological split within the electorate.
    Actually they represent the radical elements and not the population as a whole.

  4. #94
    Global Moderator
    Custom User Title
    LaughAtTheWorld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Seoul/Chicago
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    9,541

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Thanks the the class war by the 1% over the last 30 years, we now have the highest disparity of wealth in this country since before the Great Depression, and you expect people to just take it without fighting back?
    Your constant use of the term "1%" is enough to disqualify any of your posts from serious discussion. It's terms like "1%", "99%", "poor scum", etc... that fuels class warfare.
    I still don't realize how economic equality is relevant to the US or its constitution. I do realize quite well that a wealth gap is undoubtedly harmful to the economy, yet I fail to see any economic points from you, except saber-rattling, inciting class warfare, constantly accusing people of being sympathetic to the rich, etc... You show statistics and graphs showing how the wealth gap is so great, how the poor is really poor, etc..., but you never really shown any evidence as to why it's such a serious issue.
    "The misery of being exploited by capitalists is nothing compared to the misery of not being exploited at all" - Joan Robinson
    "The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries" - Winston Churchill

  5. #95
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Thanks the the class war by the 1% over the last 30 years, we now have the highest disparity of wealth in this country since before the Great Depression, and you expect people to just take it without fighting back?
    Thats the problem. People are not fighting back. They are supporting the disparity and crying about it. Crying isn't going to solve anything. The OWS movement is pathetic in my eyes because they aren't doing anything to stop what they are stating they have a problem with.

  6. #96
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600
    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    The groups represent the ideological split within the electorate.
    The groups represent everything that is wrong with the dependent whiner class. Everything is about everyone else. They elects corrupt politicians, will reelect corrupt politicians, and then whine once again about corrup politicians. Rather than invest in positive change and actually doin something they profess to believe in they continue to protest about how unfair life is. It is WHY they are miserable losers and why thy will REMAIN miserable losers.

  7. #97
    Guru
    Aderleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-08-16 @ 06:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    4,294

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    They are rapists
    No they aren't. We've been over this a couple of times now. If the crux of your argument requires slander and gross overgeneralizations, it's probably not a very good argument.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    If Obama and Pelosi don't back them why did the make speeches doing it???????
    I already answered this question. You ignored my answer, like you apparently ignore everything that doesn't support your whackjob conspiracy theory worldview.

  8. #98
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFromAll View Post
    Actually they represent the radical elements and not the population as a whole.
    Tactics wise in some cases, but many of their goals are shared by those on the left and some in the middle - progressive taxation, reinstating the Glass Steagall provisions, a living wage for full-time work, ending corporate personhood, and ending tax breaks and loopholes for outsourcing US jobs.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #99
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Proud South Korean View Post
    Your constant use of the term "1%" is enough to disqualify any of your posts from serious discussion. It's terms like "1%", "99%", "poor scum", etc... that fuels class warfare.
    Class war has been waged on the working class by the 1% for the last 30 years, so please excuse me while I laugh in your face that you think the working class is getting to uppity to suit you. We all should be thankful people are not rioting and looting here yet as they are in some other countries with great wealth disparity.

    I still don't realize how economic equality is relevant to the US or its constitution. I do realize quite well that a wealth gap is undoubtedly harmful to the economy, yet I fail to see any economic points from you, except saber-rattling, inciting class warfare, constantly accusing people of being sympathetic to the rich, etc... You show statistics and graphs showing how the wealth gap is so great, how the poor is really poor, etc..., but you never really shown any evidence as to why it's such a serious issue.
    Over and over I've been saying its not a matter of envy of the rich, it is the simple fact that consumers are needed to drive a consumer based economy, and when most of the wealth is concentrated at the top, out of reach of consumers, the economy cannot prosper.

    How American Income Inequality Hit Levels Not Seen Since The Depression
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  10. #100
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: 73 arrested at Occupy protest

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Thats the problem. People are not fighting back. They are supporting the disparity and crying about it. Crying isn't going to solve anything. The OWS movement is pathetic in my eyes because they aren't doing anything to stop what they are stating they have a problem with.
    For now they are mostly using non-violent civil disobedience as used successfully by Thoreau, Gandhi, Martin Luther King, and the Vietnam protesters, among others. If these actions do no bring about change, then its likely people will turn violent as they have in other countries with great wealth disparity.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •