Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 72

Thread: Grandmother faces capital charge in death of Alabama third-grader

  1. #61
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,115

    Re: Grandmother faces capital charge in death of Alabama third-grader

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    You could try smaller words? pictures maybe?
    You aren't helping your position...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  2. #62
    Sage
    Bodhisattva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:28 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    64,115

    Re: Grandmother faces capital charge in death of Alabama third-grader

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    I see. So it's okay to stereotype all women who married young and were grandmothers before the age of, say, 60 as dumb white trash. Would that also apply to women of other ethnicities? Or would black women be generalized as dumb black trash, Asians generalized as dumb Asian trash, and Latinas generalized as dumb Hispanic trash. Perhaps we should just make it easy on you, and consider all women who were young grandmothers to be dumb trash so as not to appear, you know, bigoted against any one ethnicity.
    Man you set up some really good racist jokes in there that I am just salivating over...

    Oh, it gets better! So at what age, Ikari, may both men and women become grandparents without being considered dumb trash? You've already established that because I was 38, I am probably dumb white trash... so how long should I have waited until you would assume I am not dumb and not trash.
    He is saying it is about attitude and not age... but statistically speaking those that have kids at a younger age have the attitude of white trash or the racial standing of white trash. As a teacher I have known many kids that become parents at these yojng ages and I have to admit that while I won't call them white trash they are almost universally less intelligent and from lower socio economic homes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I have pooped in public, even in public neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldFatGuy View Post
    Usually a gag for wise mouthed insulting little girls. Then some good nylon rope so I can tie them up, toss them in the trunk of my car and forget about them.

  3. #63
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Grandmother faces capital charge in death of Alabama third-grader

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    K, but as I said in the other thread; I don't know if this is actually murder. And I certainly don't think it's murder deserving of a death penalty conviction.
    Yes Ikari it is according to the murder statute. Why would you not think it is? I am not talking about the penalty I am talking about murder according to Alabama law.

  4. #64
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Grandmother faces capital charge in death of Alabama third-grader

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    Yes Ikari it is according to the murder statute. Why would you not think it is? I am not talking about the penalty I am talking about murder according to Alabama law.
    I know what the government declares as "murder" these days. I just don't agree with it. Intent and malice are required for murder. Reckless endangerment leads to manslaughter, not murder.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #65
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Grandmother faces capital charge in death of Alabama third-grader

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I know what the government declares as "murder" these days. I just don't agree with it. Intent and malice are required for murder. Reckless endangerment leads to manslaughter, not murder.

    It is not just reckless behavior it is "under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to human life". Both the mother and the grandmother knew of the medical condition suffered by the 9 year old. If they were not aware of the medical condition then it would have been Manslaughter. The reason why the 9 year old was punished was because she ate a candy bar which placed her health at risk to begin.

    Section 13A-6-3 - Manslaughter.

    (a) A person commits the crime of manslaughter if:

    (1) He recklessly causes the death of another person, or

    (2) He causes the death of another person under circumstances that would constitute murder under Section 13A-6-2; except, that he causes the death due to a sudden heat of passion caused by provocation recognized by law, and before a reasonable time for the passion to cool and for reason to reassert itself.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Grandmother faces capital charge in death of Alabama third-grader

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    It is not just reckless behavior it is "under circumstances manifesting extreme indifference to human life". Both the mother and the grandmother knew of the medical condition suffered by the 9 year old. If they were not aware of the medical condition then it would have been Manslaughter. The reason why the 9 year old was punished was because she ate a candy bar which placed her health at risk to begin.
    My opinion is that this seems a lot more like manslaughter than murder. I don't think they intended to kill the child; I think they are idiots. As I said, I wouldn't charge them with murder, I certainly wouldn't seek the death penalty in this case. Manslaughter will do.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #67
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Grandmother faces capital charge in death of Alabama third-grader

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    My opinion is that this seems a lot more like manslaughter than murder. I don't think they intended to kill the child; I think they are idiots. As I said, I wouldn't charge them with murder, I certainly wouldn't seek the death penalty in this case. Manslaughter will do.
    Intent is not a requisite element for murder under these specific circumstances. Given the choice between manslaughter and murder where the only difference is circumstance if I were on the jury I would hold them responsible for murder because they knew the 9 year old had a medical condition and disregarded that in favor of an action that was so punitive that it caused a death. The grandmother and step mother simply did not care whether the child got sick or lived or died. All they were concerned with was their own anger and how to mete that anger out no matter what the cost to the child was.

  8. #68
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Grandmother faces capital charge in death of Alabama third-grader

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    Intent is not a requisite element for murder under these specific circumstances. Given the choice between manslaughter and murder where the only difference is circumstance if I were on the jury I would hold them responsible for murder because they knew the 9 year old had a medical condition and disregarded that in favor of an action that was so punitive that it caused a death. The grandmother and step mother simply did not care whether the child got sick or lived or died. All they were concerned with was their own anger and how to mete that anger out no matter what the cost to the child was.
    I know dude. I know what the legal definition of murder now is. I'm giving you my opinion that I disagree with it.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  9. #69
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Grandmother faces capital charge in death of Alabama third-grader

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I know dude. I know what the legal definition of murder now is. I'm giving you my opinion that I disagree with it.
    I understand that. I am giving you my reasoning why I agree with the charges. If they did not have that special knowledge and did not mete out that particular punishment then it would be manslaughter. The facts here cannot be separated and cast aside, they all must be taken into account. Incidentally, the definition of murder in Alabama is nothing new. It is rare that anyone would be charged with this crime while punishing a child.

  10. #70
    Death2Globalists Matt Foley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    ExecuteTheTraitors
    Last Seen
    11-24-12 @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,574

    Re: Grandmother faces capital charge in death of Alabama third-grader

    Capital Offense is a little harsh for bitchery doncha think.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •