Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 114

Thread: Third female lawmaker introduces bill to limit menís Viagra access

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    09-18-12 @ 08:07 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,245

    Third female lawmaker introduces bill to limit menís Viagra access

    Third female lawmaker introduces bill to limit men

    Democratic Ohio state Sen. Nina Turner is the third female lawmaker to introduce a bill that would limit men's access to Viagra and other erectile dysfunction drugs to make a statement about the dozens of anti-abortion bills that have passed statehouses around the country over the last year.
    Turner is opposed to a proposed bill that would prohibit abortion after a fetal heartbeat is detected, which can happen as early as six weeks into a pregnancy. The Dayton Daily News reports that Turner's bill would mandate that men seeking Viagra be "tested for heart problems, receive counseling about possible side effects and receive information about 'pursuing celibacy as a viable lifestyle choice.'"
    I don't really get why this is happening. ED drugs are taken by elderly men to satisfy their wives.

    The only justification I can imagine is women are threatening to cheat. In case young'uns didn't know, men's sex drives tend to plummet as we get older.

  2. #2
    Guru
    ashurbanipal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    4,855

    Re: Third female lawmaker introduces bill to limit menís Viagra access

    This is happening because states are introducing legislation that makes it more and more difficult for a woman to get an abortion or have access to certain kinds of birth control, or even access to proper medical care in regard to reproductive health. These lawmakers probably do not expect their bills to pass, but are, rather, making a statement about the law in general getting involved in someone's reproductive health.

    ED drugs are taken by a range of men in a broad spectrum of different situations. They aren't only for the satisfaction of women (who are satisfied better by cunnilingus or manual stimulation anyway).

  3. #3
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,089

    Re: Third female lawmaker introduces bill to limit menís Viagra access

    Quote Originally Posted by Daktoria View Post
    Third female lawmaker introduces bill to limit men



    I don't really get why this is happening. ED drugs are taken by elderly men to satisfy their wives.

    The only justification I can imagine is women are threatening to cheat. In case young'uns didn't know, men's sex drives tend to plummet as we get older.
    Its happening because of the whole contraception cluster**** with religious institutions and frankly I welcome it. The GOP has claimed (some at least) that there is no medical reason for female contraception and hence these female lawmakers are saying there is no medical reason for Viagra in most men. Now if a man does have a problem getting it up, then he should not only supply a legal document from a doctor and his wife, but also be subjugated to an invasive rectal exam to see if it is true. After all that is what the GOP wants to do with women in some states..

    They should also target male masturbation, since that is killing babies as well and deserve just as harsh treatment as women getting an abortion.
    PeteEU

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    09-18-12 @ 08:07 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: Third female lawmaker introduces bill to limit menís Viagra access

    Quote Originally Posted by ashurbanipal View Post
    This is happening because states are introducing legislation that makes it more and more difficult for a woman to get an abortion or have access to certain kinds of birth control, or even access to proper medical care in regard to reproductive health. These lawmakers probably do not expect their bills to pass, but are, rather, making a statement about the law in general getting involved in someone's reproductive health.

    ED drugs are taken by a range of men in a broad spectrum of different situations. They aren't only for the satisfaction of women (who are satisfied better by cunnilingus or manual stimulation anyway).
    Can you elaborate about that "spectrum of different situations"?

    I'm not familiar with any men taking ED drugs outside of performing for their wives.

    I understand the abortion parallel concern, but this seems backwards. Only women in dysfunctional marriages (or women unfamiliar with marriage) who want to humiliate their husbands even more would favor this. Loving wives would appreciate the embarrassment already.

  5. #5
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Third female lawmaker introduces bill to limit menís Viagra access

    I dont agree with healthcare/taxes paying for abortion (for other than health reasons), contraceptives, birth control, or ED drugs. None of them are actual health concerns.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    09-18-12 @ 08:07 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: Third female lawmaker introduces bill to limit menís Viagra access

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Its happening because of the whole contraception cluster**** with religious institutions and frankly I welcome it. The GOP has claimed (some at least) that there is no medical reason for female contraception and hence these female lawmakers are saying there is no medical reason for Viagra in most men. Now if a man does have a problem getting it up, then he should not only supply a legal document from a doctor and his wife, but also be subjugated to an invasive rectal exam to see if it is true. After all that is what the GOP wants to do with women in some states..

    They should also target male masturbation, since that is killing babies as well and deserve just as harsh treatment as women getting an abortion.
    Are you a masochist?

  7. #7
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    09-18-12 @ 08:07 AM
    Lean
    Private
    Posts
    3,245

    Re: Third female lawmaker introduces bill to limit menís Viagra access

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    I dont agree with healthcare/taxes paying for abortion (for other than health reasons), contraceptives, birth control, or ED drugs. None of them are actual health concerns.
    I disagree. Sexual satisfaction is definitely a health concern.

    However, using government to relieve this doesn't work. Sexual satisfaction is an organic condition, and that requires an organic treatment, not bureaucratic intermediation.

    Bureaucracy... petrifies the spontaneity of (making) love. It defeats the purpose.

  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Third female lawmaker introduces bill to limit menís Viagra access

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    The GOP has claimed (some at least) that there is no medical reason for female contraception and hence these female lawmakers are saying there is no medical reason for Viagra in most men.
    Can you tell me who claims there is no medical reason for contraception (hormone therapy, prevent cysts etc) and which businesses or schools exclude coverage for contraception to deal with actual medical problems? Can you also tell me which religious organziations that refuse coverage of contreaception for birth control and abortion reasons also provide coverage for viagra?
    Last edited by buck; 03-13-12 at 11:31 AM.

  9. #9
    Sage
    mike2810's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    arizona
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,981

    Re: Third female lawmaker introduces bill to limit menís Viagra access

    See, the Dems really do want to make health care affordable for everyone.

    What a waste of taxpayers money for our lawmakers to be working on bills like this.
    "I can explain it to you but, I can't understand it for you"

  10. #10
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,264

    Re: Third female lawmaker introduces bill to limit menís Viagra access

    What idiot democrat thought the best move to "protest" a catholic university not providing birth control pills, to introduce anti-viagra legislation to the nation? seriously, this whole BC thing is an act by the Obama administration to get re-elected using bull**** nonsense.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •