Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 114

Thread: Third female lawmaker introduces bill to limit menís Viagra access

  1. #81
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,965

    Re: Third female lawmaker introduces bill to limit menís Viagra access

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not! View Post
    It's stupid gamesmanship in response to the controversy about health insurance covering birth control for women.

    Now that the Congress has managed to balance the budget, bring unemployment below 5%, end illegal immigration, bring health care costs under control, end the wars in the Mid East, and stop their incessant partisan bickering, they don't have enough to do. They all have time one their hands, so they amuse themselves proposing absurd legislation that has no chance be being passed.
    To be fair, if social struggles (e.g. civil liberties) were always put on the back burner behind the economy and world peace, women still wouldn't be allowed to vote. Sometimes you gotta force your way to the front of the line to move social progress forward.

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Third female lawmaker introduces bill to limit menís Viagra access

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Do you have a cite to support that statement?
    Sure, but thinking it was common knowledge a link didn't seem necessary.

    66 babies in a year left to die after NHS abortions that go wrong | Mail Online

    Live babies being born after abortions - News - Evening Standard

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Third female lawmaker introduces bill to limit menís Viagra access

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    To be fair, if social struggles (e.g. civil liberties) were always put on the back burner behind the economy and world peace, women still wouldn't be allowed to vote. Sometimes you gotta force your way to the front of the line to move social progress forward.
    How is a bill which would limit men’s access to Viagra "social progress"?

  4. #84
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,965

    Re: Third female lawmaker introduces bill to limit menís Viagra access

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    How is a bill which would limit menís access to Viagra "social progress"?
    I think more pertinent questions would be,

    1)When was the last time women legislated to take away freedoms related to male sexuality/reproduction?
    2)When was the last time men legislated to take away freedoms related to female sexuality/reproduction?

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Third female lawmaker introduces bill to limit menís Viagra access

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I think more pertinent questions would be,

    1)When was the last time women legislated to take away freedoms related to male sexuality/reproduction?
    2)When was the last time men legislated to take away freedoms related to female sexuality/reproduction?
    You made a claim and should answer the question rather than deflecting elsewhere. I'm not interested in what you think is "pertinent "if you can't respond to a question surrounding a claim you made.

  6. #86
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,965

    Re: Third female lawmaker introduces bill to limit menís Viagra access

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    You made a claim and should answer the question rather than deflecting elsewhere. I'm not interested in what you think is "pertinent "if you can't respond to a question surrounding a claim you made.
    I was responding to a very specific point that Dittohead brought up, that being (as I understand it), that legislators are wasting the country's time if they're handling any issues besides the economy, wars, immigration, etc. I responded using Women's Suffrage as an example of why that kind of black-and-white thinking isn't necessarily always good for the progress of a nation.

    That's all. I wasn't trying to deflect, I was simply more interested in what I saw as being the main point of the legislators' protest, which I believe is on topic.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Third female lawmaker introduces bill to limit menís Viagra access

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I was responding to a very specific point that Dittohead brought up, that being (as I understand it), that legislators are wasting the country's time if they're handling any issues besides the economy, wars, immigration, etc. I responded using Women's Suffrage as an example of why that kind of black-and-white thinking isn't necessarily always good for the progress of a nation.

    That's all. I wasn't trying to deflect, I was simply more interested in what I saw as being the main point of the legislators' protest, which I believe is on topic.
    What you saw as the "main point of the legislators protest," was not women's suffrage but, as the thread says "Third female lawmaker introduces bill to limit men’s Viagra access".

    To claim this is anything like women's suffrage, which i fully support, is deflection. It is not progress, it is not noble, it is inane.

  8. #88
    Almost respectable

    Cardinal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    34,965

    Re: Third female lawmaker introduces bill to limit menís Viagra access

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    What you saw as the "main point of the legislators protest," was not women's suffrage but, as the thread says "Third female lawmaker introduces bill to limit menís Viagra access".

    To claim this is anything like women's suffrage, which i fully support, is deflection. It is not progress, it is not noble, it is inane.
    Sigh. Again, it was a specific response to Dittohead's specific point. You're fixating on an entirely peripheral side topic. Let it go.

    1)When was the last time women legislated to take away freedoms related to male sexuality/reproduction?
    2)When was the last time men legislated to take away freedoms related to female sexuality/reproduction?

  9. #89
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    41,513

    Re: Third female lawmaker introduces bill to limit menís Viagra access

    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    To be fair, if social struggles (e.g. civil liberties) were always put on the back burner behind the economy and world peace, women still wouldn't be allowed to vote. Sometimes you gotta force your way to the front of the line to move social progress forward.
    I'm not so sure that the government deciding that health insurers have to cover birth control and Viagra is really civil rights. Sounds to me like it is in the realm of economy.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  10. #90
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,872

    Re: Third female lawmaker introduces bill to limit menís Viagra access

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Or when an how often she has an abortion.

    Just as long as other people pay for it.

    Or when or how often she uses contraceptives.

    Just as long as other people pay for it.

    It's hard to believe that Women's Liberation has led to this sort of dependency. Was this what it was all about?
    No.

    Good question.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •