Page 60 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 591 to 600 of 852

Thread: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to Flee

  1. #591
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Last Seen
    04-15-12 @ 10:25 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,964

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Why is govt being allowed in this matter at all? Doesn't everyone want less govt in their lives and to stay out of our bedrooms?

  2. #592
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    Insurance companies will save money in the long rin.



    Read more: Why Free Birth Control Will Not Hike the Cost of Your Insurance | Moneyland | TIME.com
    I get that ou would want to cling to the study that affirms your position - but as was pointed out there are a bunch of conflicting studies and the all of the insurance companies indicated there would not be any savings.

    BTW, I wonder if the study you are quoting from contained the caveat that they could be wrong and premiums might actually increase - just as the study Obama quoted from indicated.

  3. #593
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by Neal N. Bloeme View Post
    Why is govt being allowed in this matter at all? Doesn't everyone want less govt in their lives and to stay out of our bedrooms?
    Soon haircuts will be subsidized by the government.

    And why not? The same plausible reasons can be made.

  4. #594
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Soon haircuts will be subsidized by the government.

    And why not? The same plausible reasons can be made.
    No they can't. To think that means you don't understand the argument. I understand disagreement, but not using silly ass arguments.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #595
    Sage
    minnie616's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    14,948

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    I get that ou would want to cling to the study that affirms your position - but as was pointed out there are a bunch of conflicting studies and the all of the insurance companies indicated there would not be any savings.

    BTW, I wonder if the study you are quoting from contained the caveat that they could be wrong and premiums might actually increase - just as the study Obama quoted from indicated.
    The studies done in the Fact Check.org article are pretty old studies.
    !995 ,1998, and the more recent Hawaiian study was done 2001.
    In the 2001 study ;
    ■The administration cites Hawaii’s birth-control mandate, which a study said “did not appear” to increase health insurance premiums. Interestingly, the same study also showed an increase in the number of pregnancies after contraception coverage was required.
    Just recently many brands of birth control have generics that are offered for $9 a month instead of the usual $20-$50 a month.

    I would like to see the results of a more recent study.
    Last edited by minnie616; 03-16-12 at 04:58 PM.
    When it comes to matters of reproduce health, Politicians and the religious dogma of another faith should never interfere with religious liberty of an individual or her faith.

  6. #596
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    The studies done in the Fact Check.org article are pretty old studies.
    !995 ,1998, and the more recent Hawaiian study was done 2001.
    Then you can't be certain. While I would believe the insurance companies, their livliehood depends on being right about this stuff and they wouldn't have any reason to lie with Obamacare's mandates regarding profit, I can't say with absolute certainty.

    So, the Time's article put forth as fact somethign that they can not possibly be certain of. Seems this now belongs in the media bias section.

  7. #597
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No they can't. To think that means you don't understand the argument. I understand disagreement, but not using silly ass arguments.
    Check Flukes argument for the government subsidizing her contraceptives and then see how the same rationalizations can apply to haircuts. A trendy 30-year-old in grade 24 surely needs both.

  8. #598
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Check Flukes argument for the government subsidizing her contraceptives and then see how the same rationalizations can apply to haircuts.
    Are you trying to prove his point?
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

  9. #599
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    What's the price of carrying a baby 9 months and the costs of delivery these days?

    If I were the insurance man, I'd rather buy the lady's birth control pills instead of having to pay for several deliveries and adding multiple dependants on her policy.

    This isn't about saving money for employers or insurance companies. That's just the excuse the social conservatives are using.

    Just more rightwing attempts to piss in your hair and convince you it's raining. Same ****, different day.

    Smart people see through this.
    Last edited by Captain America; 03-16-12 at 06:17 PM.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  10. #600
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    What's the price of carrying a baby 9 months and the costs of delivery these days?
    Substantially more than the cost of birth control annually, that's for sure. But don't bother with logic in an emotional debate.
    Tucker Case - Tard magnet.

Page 60 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •