Page 56 of 86 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 560 of 852

Thread: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to Flee

  1. #551
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,287

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Oh, okay, I found what Letterman said. That was totally uncalled for, and it looks like he took some heat for it, just like Limbaugh did. Fire Letterman | Fire David Letterman | Late Show | Late Show with David Letterman | Boycott CBS | FireLetterman.com First reactions from Letterman Sponsors (Palin Ping! - No.23 - June 11, 2009)

    I appreciate your letterman response, but his slaughtering pales in comparison to limbaugh, by the same people in this very thread.


    And no, I don't accept the argument that someone is instantly transformed into a public figure just because they exercise their first amendment right to speak out on an issue that they deem important.
    She is an activist, she by definition wants to become a public figure to have her voice. as to that, I see no difference in calling either her or palin a "twat", "prostitute", "slut", etc...
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #552
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I appreciate your letterman response, but his slaughtering pales in comparison to limbaugh, by the same people in this very thread.



    She is an activist, she by definition wants to become a public figure to have her voice. as to that, I see no difference in calling either her or palin a "twat", "prostitute", "slut", etc...
    She's a student who wanted to speak to a particular issue. She doesn't make any money from it. It isn't her career choice. Palin, in contrast, has been a professional politician for most of her adult life, seeking local, state, and national offices. She has her own TV show. She's written books. She's making millions of dollars from her fame. It's very hard to take you seriously if you claim you don't see a distinction.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  3. #553
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,287

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    She's a student who wanted to speak to a particular issue. She doesn't make any money from it. It isn't her career choice. Palin, in contrast, has been a professional politician for most of her adult life, seeking local, state, and national offices. She has her own TV show. She's written books. She's making millions of dollars from her fame.

    she's 30, went to this school, as an activist, if she didn't like thier policies she could have chosen any. But she chose this one. Why? if you believe this wasn't all coordinated, to help obama's BC catholic church thing from a couple weeks ago, you may be a bit gullible here. Do you really think Obama's wanting to force the catholic church to provide Birth control, was mere coincidence to 30 year old law student activist flukes fake "testimony" to a bunch of democrats?

    The "testimony" the media played up, and you all bought that it was a congresional hearing? Seriously?





    It's very hard to take you seriously if you claim you don't see a distinction.


    That's good, because I figured out a while ago, not to take you seriously.... But ok, in your book, it's less not ok to call some women "sluts" than others. and here we were on such a good track.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #554
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by minnie616 View Post
    It has been my experience that insurance companies try to find reasons to avoid paying for a treatment if they can.
    It is easy for the insurance companies who do not cover any type of birth control to refuse coverage of BC pills for medical issues because after all a side effect of the BC medication is advoiding pregnancy.

    Did you know that almost half of the woman who take birth control have at least one other reason ( besides preventing pregnancies) for taking them?

    From this editorial:


    Editorial: Birth control serves many purposes | Kansan.com

    I don't think anyone has a problem with a medical reason for being prescribed Birth Control pills if it treats a medically valid reason, at that point then insurance would indeed cover the cost, or a great deal of the cost of the prescription. It should be noted that Ms. Fluke brought in the PCOS reason for needing the pill, and if the insurance does cover it (such as Georgetown's policy does for medically approved treatments) then there is no problem. But only between 1 in 10, to 1 in 20 women suffer from these cysts to begin with, and the normal course of treatment is to wait and see if they go away as most do on their own....

    Bringing in these medical reasons for having a blanket coverage of free contraception when it is a relatively small amount of the total overall use of the drug, is IMHO a smoke screen.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #555
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    she's 30, went to this school, as an activist, if she didn't like thier policies she could have chosen any. But she chose this one. Why? if you believe this wasn't all coordinated, to help obama's BC catholic church thing from a couple weeks ago, you may be a bit gullible here. Do you really think Obama's wanting to force the catholic church to provide Birth control, was mere coincidence to 30 year old law student activist flukes fake "testimony" to a bunch of democrats?

    The "testimony" the media played up, and you all bought that it was a congresional hearing? Seriously?


    That's good, because I figured out a while ago, not to take you seriously.... But ok, in your book, it's less not ok to call some women "sluts" than others. and here we were on such a good track.
    She's 30? WTF does that have to do with anything? An activist? As mentioned earlier, her main area of interest was domestic violence -- not contraception.

    Otherwise, you're just getting increasingly shrill and incoherent. Obama has never tried to get the Catholic church to provide birth control.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  6. #556
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    She's 30? WTF does that have to do with anything? An activist? As mentioned earlier, her main area of interest was domestic violence -- not contraception.

    Otherwise, you're just getting increasingly shrill and incoherent. Obama has never tried to get the Catholic church to provide birth control.
    Sorry but there is no other way to say this....ahem....That sir, is a lie.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #557
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Sorry but there is no other way to say this....ahem....That sir, is a lie.


    j-mac
    And your evidence would be....
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  8. #558
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    And your evidence would be....

    Um, are you kidding here?


    Obama risks Catholic vote with birth-control mandate | Reuters


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #559
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    And your evidence would be....

    Wow!

    I guess you never really understood what this orchestrated Fluke kerfuffle was all about either then.

  10. #560
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,633

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    This just gets funnier and funnier by the week. The idea that
    1- I hate what Limbaugh said... oops sorry ... I hate what "RUSH said", but
    2- I hate even more what any liberals said years ago because I hate liberals because I hate liberals

    is to debate as is trying to make sense out of the Hatfields and the McCoys in the appalachian hill wars.

    there is no point to it beyond trying to turn the tables on your hated ideological enemies to take some of the heat off your own kind.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

Page 56 of 86 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •