Page 26 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 260 of 852

Thread: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to Flee

  1. #251
    Stigmatized! End R Word! Kali's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Last Seen
    08-19-12 @ 12:29 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    13,334
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I remember when people said Glenn Beck would never leave Fox News... I called it and 3 months later - he was gone. For all their complaining about the media, Conservatives don't really seem to understand how advertising or the media actually works.
    People are going to FCC now. Rush better watch his back
    ~Following My Own Flow~

  2. #252
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    People are going to FCC now. Rush better watch his back
    If the FCC came down on his back I would totally disagree with it!

  3. #253
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    I saw her skewered as the mindless twit that she is. She got crucified in her interviews because her stupidity was put on display. I certainly don't recall an effort to call her a prostitute who makes porno however..



    I will say I cheered when Caribou Barbie was exposed.
    If I can show you where she's been called the "c" word and where it was suggested she should be gang raped, will you condemn it?

  4. #254
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by Kali View Post
    Again: Fluke is not running for public office. I hope she does so in the future as she has a real shot; unlike Palin
    Just so I understand your position, Kali, are you saying you're ok with a woman being called a slut (or any other name) as long as she is running, or has run, for office?

  5. #255
    Educator
    taxigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Last Seen
    10-21-16 @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,205

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by DiAnna View Post
    I stopped reading this thread at Post #120. I need to get this off my chest.

    Damn it, people, this is NOT a thread about Bill Maher, who is also a foul-mouthed asshole. This is a thread about RUSH LIMBAUGH! Those of you who have nothing to offer beyond "But Bill Maher did it too, so did you complain about him?" just shut the **** up. YES, we complained about Bill Maher too... in threads that were actually about BILL MAHER degrading women. This is NOT that thread.

    Second, quit blaming the victim for Limbaugh's foul misogynistic rant. Sandra Fluke IS a law student. She is also an advocate for battered women and ending human trafficking that afflicts so many women and children around the world. I don't know how in hell some of you can twist such noble advocacy into something bad in order to insist that because she has been involved in helping others that somehow makes her a public person and therefore fair game to be called a slut, a whore, and someone who has TONS of sex that should video herself having sex so everyone can watch is beyond the pale of rational thought and cognitive logic.

    And stop with the goddamned lie about Fluke wanting taxpayers to pay for her birth control. I swear to god some of you must have noses so long by now that they're touching your monitors. Fluke wants prescription insurance to cover birth control and female hormonal treatments the same way it covers male hormonal treatments and Viagra. THAT'S ALL!

    Geeze. If you want to support that loudmouthed gasbag, at least doing it honestly, without lying through your teeth and blaming the victim. Just have the balls to say: "I'm on Rush's side. He has every right to call any woman in America a slut and a whore, because he's got a radio show that allows him to do it. Besides, most women ARE sluts and whores, and I never wanted them to have birth control in the first place. Yay, Rush!"

    I'm done here.

    /rant
    As much as I agree with the majority of your post and dislike what Rush has to say I feel compelled to let you know that Georgetown does not offer coverage for ED meds such as you noted. The link I posted, in what must have been a different thread because I can't find it now, does not work. If you google georgetown university insurance plan, click on premier plan, description of benefits booklet and go to page 29 you will find the limitation at item 19h

    "You know, when they came and took away my fourth amendment I kept my yap shut, what the hell, I really didnít have anything to hide anyway. When they grabbed up my second amendment I sat still and bit my tongue because, truth be told, Iím allergic to guns. But here we are, you with your cold hard fingers wrapped around the neck of my first amendment and Iíve got to shout as loud as I can, because if I donít, before you know it, you wonít let me say nothing at all"
    --Randolph J. Dworkin

    ďReading makes a full man, meditation a profound man, discourse a clear man.Ē
    -- Ben Franklin

    "It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world"
    -- Chaos Theory

  6. #256
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post
    With the jerky boys the Republicans are running I'm sure your right about Obama. However with that being said, the Democrats are going to lose control of the Senate in as profound way as they did the House in 2010. They lost 63 seats in the House Nov 2010 and 6 in the Senate. I think the best scenario we can get is Obama as President to catch all the economic blame and a veto proof Republican majority in congress. 13 seats in the Senate and 19 in the House will get 'er done. This way Obama can take all the blame for the slow recovery and the Republicans can override Obama's veto of anything that will get this country back on track. It's the best of both worlds.
    I disagree, I think the Democrats will retain the Senate, and possibly retake the House. The GOP have pissed off too many in these demographics since 2010 - hispanics, blacks, seniors, women and the working class.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #257
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I disagree, I think the Democrats will retain the Senate, and possibly retake the House. The GOP have pissed off too many in these demographics since 2010 - hispanics, blacks, seniors, women and the working class.
    You can disagree all you want.

    Over 8% unemployment for the longest sustained time in the history of this country since the great depression. 19% underemployment (stimulus jobs), $4+ trillion dollars in new debt in less than 3 years, home foreclosures continuing unabated by any Obama plan, gasoline heading toward $5 a gallon driving up prices of all consumer goods, food prices hitting the stratosphere and GDP growth below 2% which means we're losing ground. Democrats won't gain seats after that stellar record? They lost 63 seats in the House and 6 in the Senate in 2010 and gasoline was only $2.80 a gallon, 2012 is shaping up for a repeat of 2010.

    To quote the Clinton campaign "It's the economy stupids". That my friend transcends all demographics.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  8. #258
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post
    You can disagree all you want.

    Over 8% unemployment for the longest sustained time in the history of this country since the great depression. 19% underemployment (stimulus jobs), $4+ trillion dollars in new debt in less than 3 years, home foreclosures continuing unabated by any Obama plan, gasoline heading toward $5 a gallon driving up prices of all consumer goods, food prices hitting the stratosphere and GDP growth below 2% which means we're losing ground. Democrats won't gain seats after that stellar record? They lost 63 seats in the House and 6 in the Senate in 2010 and gasoline was only $2.80 a gallon, 2012 is shaping up for a repeat of 2010.

    To quote the Clinton campaign "It's the economy stupids". That my friend transcends all demographics.
    Exactly, why would anyone want to abandon an economy recovering from the Bush Recession and go right back to the exact same policies that so many suffered from. Add to that the open class war by the GOP since 2010 on the hispanics, blacks, seniors, women, and the working class, and we could be looking at the Democrats retaking the House.

    Democrats optimistic they can take control of House in November
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  9. #259
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Exactly, why would anyone want to abandon an economy recovering from the Bush Recession and go right back to the exact same policies that so many suffered from. Add to that the open class war by the GOP since 2010 on the hispanics, blacks, seniors, women, and the working class, and we could be looking at the Democrats retaking the House.

    Democrats optimistic they can take control of House in November
    1.7% GDP growth for 2011 isn't recovering from anything, it's floating on the bottom of the river. There are a full 2 million LESS people working in Feb 2012 than were working in Nov 2011. I'm missing how that is good in some way.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  10. #260
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post
    1.7% GDP growth for 2011 isn't recovering from anything, it's floating on the bottom of the river. There are a full 2 million LESS people working in Feb 2012 than were working in Nov 2011. I'm missing how that is good in some way.
    Getting better is preferred to getting worse. Why would anyone choose the same policies of the last decade that brought us to this point?

    And what's not to like about the GOP's plan to throw hispanics, blacks, seniors, women, and the working class under the bus to create less regulations for the banks, more tax cuts for the wealthy, and bigger spending on the military, all of which Romney has promised to do if elected?

    Right?
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

Page 26 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •