Page 24 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
Results 231 to 240 of 852

Thread: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to Flee

  1. #231
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBerry View Post
    Was this for the noon to 3 pm live show, or a later rebroadcast? And which New York station was it? In small markets, on late night rebroadcasts often only PSA's are played because advertisers usually don't buy air time since hardly anyone is listening. The silence can be explained by the fact that, again, on the overnight, programs are played without an actual operator doing the switches in the station, and sometimes a switch is required to avoid a brief silence. Since very few people are listening small stations put up with the dead air rather than hire an operator for the overnight.

    I worked as a DJ at a local radio station once.

    Today's show was a sub - so mostly PSA's.
    I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on whats being proposed here, hed agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute. - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  2. #232
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Unfortunately for the GOP, it is not just this issue or just the women's vote demographic.

    Especially since 2010, the GOP has taken positions that cater to its base and tea party fundamentalists, to the exclusion of blacks, hispanics, seniors, and now women.

    They are going to find in November that it was a losing strategy.
    Somehow, I think that is much ado about nothing.

    Over 8% unemployment for the longest sustained time in the history of this country since the great depression. 19% underemployment, $4+ trillion dollars in new debt in less than 3 years, home foreclosures continuing unabated by any Obama plan, gasoline heading toward $5 a gallon driving up prices of all consumer goods due to Obama's failed energy policies, food prices hitting the stratosphere and GDP growth below 2% which means we're losing ground. This whole fluke thing is like a trip to town on "free" movie night, then returning to sleeping on the floor in tent city. Just a quick distraction.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  3. #233
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post
    Somehow, I think that is much ado about nothing.

    Over 8% unemployment for the longest sustained time in the history of this country since the great depression. 19% underemployment, $4+ trillion dollars in new debt in less than 3 years, home foreclosures continuing unabated by any Obama plan, gasoline heading toward $5 a gallon driving up prices of all consumer goods due to Obama's failed energy policies, food prices hitting the stratosphere and GDP growth below 2% which means we're losing ground. This whole fluke thing is like a trip to town on "free" movie night, then returning to sleeping on the floor in tent city. Just a quick distraction.
    I'll bet you avatar placement by choice of the other for 3 months that you are wrong, and that Obama wins in November.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  4. #234
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    I'll bet you avatar placement by choice of the other for 3 months that you are wrong, and that Obama wins in November.
    With the jerky boys the Republicans are running I'm sure your right about Obama. However with that being said, the Democrats are going to lose control of the Senate in as profound way as they did the House in 2010. They lost 63 seats in the House Nov 2010 and 6 in the Senate. I think the best scenario we can get is Obama as President to catch all the economic blame and a veto proof Republican majority in congress. 13 seats in the Senate and 19 in the House will get 'er done. This way Obama can take all the blame for the slow recovery and the Republicans can override Obama's veto of anything that will get this country back on track. It's the best of both worlds.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  5. #235
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    Democrats seek to capitalize on contraception controversy - Political Hotsheet - CBS News



    Sounds like a press conference, or even possibly a public fund-raiser, to me.
    Exactly. It's funny that some are saying that Fluke participating in a publicity stunt means she didn't want publicity. LOL

  6. #236
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I do have a good reputation, yes. I assume you do as well.




    Just as I know the pay. But both are mine and not the employers to decide what to do with it.

    Ah, but it is the employers decision. They don't have to offer anything...


    J-mac


    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #237
    Professor xpiher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    04-23-12 @ 10:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,993
    But for purposes of attacking and stifling the free speech of someone that a liberal doesn't like, well then it is all ignored...


    j-mac
    He can call get a slut all he wants, and she can sue him for defamation.

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Ok, fair enough, but a couple of things I disagree with you on here. Rush may have made something that you consider offensive, but with all due respect, so what? For as many liberals that are supposedly offended by Rush's comments many more people were, and are offended at the attack on the 1st amendment by Obama.
    j-mac
    What attack on the first amendment? cuz I thought the religious exemption was going to be expanded? even if want were is the assault

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post
    With the jerky boys the Republicans are running I'm sure your right about Obama. However with that being said, the Democrats are going to lose control of the Senate in as profound way as they did the House in 2010. They lost 63 seats in the House Nov 2010 and 6 in the Senate. I think the best scenario we can get is Obama as President to catch all the economic blame and a veto proof Republican majority in congress. 13 seats in the Senate and 19 in the House will get 'er done. This way Obama can take all the blame for the slow recovery and the Republicans can override Obama's veto of anything that will get this country back in track. It's the best of both worlds.
    I hope that happens that way we may get another 4 years of a Clinton like government...


    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk


    Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by xpiher; 03-12-12 at 10:51 PM.
    Hayek - too liberal for republicans

  8. #238
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,076

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    I remember when people said Glenn Beck would never leave Fox News... I called it and 3 months later - he was gone. For all their complaining about the media, Conservatives don't really seem to understand how advertising or the media actually works.
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  9. #239
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,733

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Well, if I get enough people to go along with me, I could potentially take away the man's livelihood... because of something he said.
    and if you got enough people to flush all their toilets at the exact same time you might blow out the sewers in a major league city

    Bravo Foxtrot Delta

  10. #240
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,733

    Re: 'Rush Limbaugh Show' Broadcasts Five Minutes of Dead Air as Sponsors Continue to

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Exactly. It's funny that some are saying that Fluke participating in a publicity stunt means she didn't want publicity. LOL
    its sort of like a woman wearing no bra, a tight sweater and a micro mini and then whining guys are looking at her

Page 24 of 86 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •