Page 59 of 61 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 607

Thread: Explosive Growth of Militias

  1. #581
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    Thoughts on this? I hope they get whacked by artillery.
    About god damned time. Hopefully people will start to understand their duty and obligation to the Militia. Now if just New Jersey would have a good militia going for it. Man I miss Colorado.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #582
    Debate MMA
    Prof. Peabody's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Last Seen
    07-30-12 @ 11:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    You say "a lot more". That implies we have "some" to fear from our government.

    We should not fear our government at all.
    Ask the people of Myanmar.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." - John Adams

  3. #583
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,615

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Was that the Reagan library association?
    Take Clinton and Gore's gun records before they were elected and then the gun laws they passed when they had the house and the senate

    compare that to Biden and Obumble's records before they were elected

  4. #584
    Educator
    taxigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Last Seen
    10-21-16 @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,205

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Peabody View Post
    Ask the people of Myanmar.
    I am unclear if you are making the point that people in Burma have it worse, or that yes, people have reason to fear their governments.

    I do not recognize "Myanmar" to be the legitimate name of BURMA because the ruling military government did not have authority to rename the country.

    I often speak of the massacre of 8-8-88 as an exemplary example of the human ability to stand up and fight oppression. It offends me greatly that the world knows more about the incident at Tiananmen Square, hopefully, now that social media has taken hold, it will help prevent another tragedy in the scale of 8-8-88. The "government" in Burma is subject to more exposure now.

    Aung San Suu Kyi (pretty much my hero) and her father should be more known throughout the world as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and are.

    "It is not power that corrupts but fear. Fear of losing power" and that is one of my arguments against government, especially in a society like ours where greed, lust and envy are so prevalent.... but that is another thread (see http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-con...ism-hated.html).

    "You know, when they came and took away my fourth amendment I kept my yap shut, what the hell, I really didnít have anything to hide anyway. When they grabbed up my second amendment I sat still and bit my tongue because, truth be told, Iím allergic to guns. But here we are, you with your cold hard fingers wrapped around the neck of my first amendment and Iíve got to shout as loud as I can, because if I donít, before you know it, you wonít let me say nothing at all"
    --Randolph J. Dworkin

    ďReading makes a full man, meditation a profound man, discourse a clear man.Ē
    -- Ben Franklin

    "It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world"
    -- Chaos Theory

  5. #585
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    I am unclear if you are making the point that people in Burma have it worse, or that yes, people have reason to fear their governments.

    I do not recognize "Myanmar" to be the legitimate name of BURMA because the ruling military government did not have authority to rename the country.

    I often speak of the massacre of 8-8-88 as an exemplary example of the human ability to stand up and fight oppression. It offends me greatly that the world knows more about the incident at Tiananmen Square, hopefully, now that social media has taken hold, it will help prevent another tragedy in the scale of 8-8-88. The "government" in Burma is subject to more exposure now.

    Aung San Suu Kyi (pretty much my hero) and her father should be more known throughout the world as Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and are.

    "It is not power that corrupts but fear. Fear of losing power" and that is one of my arguments against government, especially in a society like ours where greed, lust and envy are so prevalent.... but that is another thread (see http://www.debatepolitics.com/us-con...ism-hated.html).
    All government's should be observed with healthy caution, if not fear. Any government can grow out of control and trample the rights of it's citizens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #586
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    All government's should be observed with healthy caution, if not fear.....
    I don't know about you, but I see nothing to fear in America's government.

  7. #587
    Doesn't go below juicy
    tacomancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Cleveland
    Last Seen
    05-20-16 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    31,781
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    About god damned time. Hopefully people will start to understand their duty and obligation to the Militia. Now if just New Jersey would have a good militia going for it. Man I miss Colorado.
    guido power!!!!!!!

    Sent from my YP-G1 using Tapatalk. My YP-G1 is a very nice device that hardly ever explodes or shoots jets of burning acid at my face. Samsung has done a good job in that respect in building it. However one has to consider hamsters in regard to android as cyborg hamsters are very cool. Imagine how fast an Android hamster could run in their exercise wheel for example.

  8. #588
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    That has been my point to Thunder. We should not have anything to fear from our government but we do. That justifies some of what people refer to as "paranoia". Sure, some of the militia folks are nutty, but I would certainly not assume they are a direct danger to me as they have not given me reason to fear them. On the other hand, the government has given me reason to fear them.
    again, there is nothing to fear about our government.

    some folks seem to want to find reasons to fear them. its kinda sad and a bit weird.

  9. #589
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Just one more reason for (local) government-guided militias as far as I'm concerned. If you don't give people an outlet they'll find one for themselves, often to the detriment of society.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I don't know about you, but I see nothing to fear in America's government.
    The rest of the sentence explains it:
    Any government can grow out of control and trample the rights of it's citizens.
    I'm not fearful at present, though I am deeply concerned about some things that have happened over the past decade, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be vigilant.



    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I have read things about the ACLU that disturb me. IMO, they're overzealously going after religious symbols, God in pledge, etc. But I haven't read anything negative about SPLC. They gather data on some pretty bad folks and write reports. They are invited by police departments to speak and share data. Why do you have a problem with that?
    Just a side comment here. The ACLU has brought many lawsuits against public institutions (schools mostly) who specifically ban the wearing of religious symbols as opposed to banning jewelry in general. Yes, assuming a public institution has no ban on jewelry, the ACLU will protect your right to wear a Cross, Star of David, etc. or display it on personal property like clothes, purses, and notebooks.
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 03-13-12 at 10:55 AM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  10. #590
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    They are panderers of the worst sort. They want to keep their supporters fearful of "racist" or "anti semitic" movements in order to get the rich, often Jewish benefactors, to continue to give them money....
    excuse me??????

    why the **** would you make such a claim?

    why the hell are you bringing folks' religion into this discussion????

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •