Page 44 of 61 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 431 to 440 of 607

Thread: Explosive Growth of Militias

  1. #431
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Would that logic apply to 'Occupy' as well concerning anti capitalist, communists? j-mac
    Uh...I would guess that yes, since that movement attracts a wide range of viewpoints, there are probably members of those groups as well as tea party and conservative types.

    You are not helping Harshaw's argument.

  2. #432
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,548

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Um....the militia movement DOES HAVE members who believe in separatism, so yes, separatism IS a part of the militia movement and will be a part of a conversation on militias. I did not introduce separatism or militias into this conversation.


    And the Democrats have members who want to nationalize pretty much all of industry. Does that mean Democrats are the party of general nationalization? If so, then you have a lot of people around here you need to set straight about it.

    You do not define a "movement" by its fringe.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  3. #433
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,548

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Uh...I would guess that yes, since that movement attracts a wide range of viewpoints, there are probably members of those groups as well as tea party and conservative types.

    You are not helping Harshaw's argument.
    My argument needs no help; your only response was hasty generalization fallacy.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  4. #434
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,548

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    so, there are no racist militias??
    There no truly socialist Democrats?

    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #435
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post


    And the Democrats have members who want to nationalize pretty much all of industry. Does that mean Democrats are the party of general nationalization? If so, then you have a lot of people around here you need to set straight about it.

    You do not define a "movement" by its fringe.
    There is where your confusion stems, I never wrote that "the militia movement is a separatist movement" or anything like that. I said that the militia movement has elements of separatism within it....AND THAT SEPARATISM WILL PROBABLY COME UP IN THE CONVERSATION.

    I did not bring up either, I was correcting logical errors about separatism not containing racism....it does, and those that hold to this view are holding to a racist ideology...ie they are racists.

  6. #436
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    My argument needs no help; your only response was hasty generalization fallacy.
    No it wasn't, you miss-read it. Maybe you need help reading it.

  7. #437
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,548

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    There is where your confusion stems, I never wrote that "the militia movement is a separatist movement" or anything like that. I said that the militia movement has elements of separatism within it....AND THAT SEPARATISM WILL PROBABLY COME UP IN THE CONVERSATION.
    Then you didn't say what you meant very clearly:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Separatism IS part of the Militia movement....it will be a subtext to the discussion....sheesh!
    The way you word it, it certainly seems like you were trying to say it was an inherent part of it, and not just an element you can find here and there.

    Still . . . nationalizing industry and full-blown socialism IS part of the Democratic Party, in exactly the same sense. Do you want that brush used to paint the whole thing, or would you rather have it in its proper, fringe context?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #438
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,548

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    No it wasn't, you miss-read it. Maybe you need help reading it.
    No, your response to my post WAS a hasty generalization.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #439
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Then you didn't say what you meant very clearly:



    The way you word it, it certainly seems like you were trying to say it was an inherent part of it, and not just an element you can find here and there.
    That is the way you wanted to read it.

    Still . . . nationalizing industry and full-blown socialism IS part of the Democratic Party, in exactly the same sense. Do you want that brush used to paint the whole thing, or would you rather have it in its proper, fringe context?
    See now, even when it is spelled out to you, you still insist that how you misread me is still correct. It isn't, so go try your straw on someone else.

  10. #440
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    There is where your confusion stems, I never wrote that "the militia movement is a separatist movement" or anything like that. I said that the militia movement has elements of separatism within it....AND THAT SEPARATISM WILL PROBABLY COME UP IN THE CONVERSATION.

    I did not bring up either, I was correcting logical errors about separatism not containing racism....it does, and those that hold to this view are holding to a racist ideology...ie they are racists.



    First off, Harshaw can hold his own in any debate, my question to you was separate of his dismantling of your generalization of militias.

    The reason I say generalization is simply because the premise of this thread doesn't speak to specific militias, and neither do you, so that you say to me that some members of a militia can taint the group as a whole, where as in the occupy groups you tend to want to add in tea party members, as well as conservatives to lend it legitimacy, as well as shield it from criticism is weak.

    The disdain for groups of people wanting to gather to form a community group that makes contingency plans in case they are needed are no problem, especially when you have real threats like that of the Islamic groups in GA, NY, VA, and CA that are absolutely training to attack this country from within and nothing is done of them, in fact you have at least one poster in here saying that they don't see the problem with them....

    So, unless you can document that the militias you are speaking of have known, published views that constitute a threat to this country, then I have to conclude that you are against them on ideological grounds rather than any real problem from them.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 44 of 61 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •