Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 607

Thread: Explosive Growth of Militias

  1. #391
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,592

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Separatism IS part of the Militia movement
    No, it's not. That's idiotic. Separatism goes against the entire notion of a "militia" in every way possible.

    Militia =/= separatist.

    Militia =/= white supremacist.

    Militia = members of a community coming together for mutual defense.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  2. #392
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Militia = members of a community coming together for mutual defense.
    ...against a nonexistent threat....

  3. #393
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,322

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    ...against a nonexistent threat....

    Eye of the beholder.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #394
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Yes, and WHY I asked that is plainly evident from my post.

    It's clear by now you have no intention of approaching this honestly. Like I said:

    You are simply picking the latter, in spite of the evidence.
    If you're trying to be honest why are you LYING even about the questions you're asking? You've already made up your mind that the anti-government whackjobs are above reproach and anyone who has a different opiniion is -- according to you -- just not being honest.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  5. #395
    Sage
    OpportunityCost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,779

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Attention: Straw Man, Straw Man, Straw Man....


    We don't protect criminals or enable them to acquire weapons.



    Please show me specifically what I said that is "pervasive of that thinking."

    You break the law. You go to jail.

    You do something suspicious, police can stop and ask a question...

    You post on Free Republic something that indicates you may be advocating or considering an overt act, then the FBI / ATF has the right to knock on your door and see how serious you are. If you're just a pimple faced fat kid in a basement, then no worries. But if you've got blueprints of a building on the wall of your basement... Then buh-bye, smart guy... And thanks for the free guns. We'll have fun destroying them. BTW - if you are willing to cooperate and tell us where you got all the guns, maybe you'll only do 10 years instead of 20...

    And why do you want equal protection for gun owners and not homosexuals and/or muslims?
    Im going to quote you again :
    Since always. Are you a 'collector' or a lunatic? What is the reason that you feel the need to acquire more guns than you have hands to shoot them with?
    It does not matter why someone feels they need more guns, they have the right to have them and you advocate control of that right. You seem to have an intense dislike of militia groups and advocate all sorts of law enforcement operations against them. Im not conducting a straw man at all, your words implicate you enough.

  6. #396
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    Does anybody even know what we are talking about here? I believe the OP was on the growth of militias. I provided some very nice links and they were ignored. So we started discussing crazy militia people. Randy Weaver came up and that got me excited, because yes, as much as some of you would like to not believe I am an authority when it comes to Ruby Ridge. If you do not want to read the information I generously provided from my list of referenced work, then fine. I suggest that if you do not want to expand your knowledge on what is obviously still a heated to-pic that you find something else to spout about. I appreciate opinions and hearing theories, but when it comes to Ruby Ridge my research and defense of my thesis put me at a great advantage over you and some of your arguments are just downright silly at this point because you have not taken the time to review established facts. You are behaving just like Randy and Vicki Weaver as you just wanted you belief and not allow it to change regardless of the information at hand.

    My whole point here was to provide good solid info. and show you that not all "crazies" with guns are wrong. The government did indeed come after him. He was right! we need to prevent that from happening again.
    I discussed your links at length, which I believe you ignored completely. In short, several of the the links you provided for "legitimate civilian militias" provide ample probable cause for these toy soldiers to be put under observation.
    Last edited by AdamT; 03-10-12 at 05:43 PM.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  7. #397
    Educator
    taxigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Last Seen
    10-21-16 @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,205

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    ...against a nonexistent threat....
    Really?
    well, recently we have had




    FBI Uses Chainsaw In Raid On Wrong Fitchburg Apartment « CBS Boston

    FBI Raids Wrong House Without A Warrant Holding Man, Wife And Kids At Gunpoint


    Remember this? The idiots burned down 65 houses. MOVE - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    I'm getting tired of stating the fact that there is a threat from our own government. Just pay attention.

    "You know, when they came and took away my fourth amendment I kept my yap shut, what the hell, I really didn’t have anything to hide anyway. When they grabbed up my second amendment I sat still and bit my tongue because, truth be told, I’m allergic to guns. But here we are, you with your cold hard fingers wrapped around the neck of my first amendment and I’ve got to shout as loud as I can, because if I don’t, before you know it, you won’t let me say nothing at all"
    --Randolph J. Dworkin

    “Reading makes a full man, meditation a profound man, discourse a clear man.”
    -- Ben Franklin

    "It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world"
    -- Chaos Theory

  8. #398
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Eye of the beholder.
    Reality vs. paranoid delusion.

    The eye is not the problem, it's the mind that's broke...

  9. #399
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    ...I'm getting tired of stating the fact that there is a threat from our own government. Just pay attention.
    u want to use a militia to take on the cops who used pepper-spray, at UC Davis?

  10. #400
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Does that justify the way Randy Weaver was entrapped, then his son and wife were killed through unlawful and negligent actions of government agents?

    THAT is the point of this part of the debate. Holding weird and unpopular views is not a capital offense.

    For instance, I think the Branch Davidians were weird and wrong. I don't think they deserved the Reno Raid or the gov't Bonfire treatment because of it.
    They do have something in common, which is that they both could have avoided their tragic ends if they had simply surrendered to authorities.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •