Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 607

Thread: Explosive Growth of Militias

  1. #381
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,190

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    No, that is NOT the point of the debate between taxigirl and I.

    You ARE NOT following along with our (taxigirl and I) debate.....AT ALL.

    Actually I am. I get that you're arguing with her whether they are racists.

    I'm saying that isn't the point in the context of this thread. The point is whether they deserved their treatment at the hands of gov't.


    These days, lotta people are comfortable with the idea of persecuting racists whether they've done anything or not.....

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  2. #382
    Educator
    taxigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Last Seen
    10-21-16 @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,205

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    Nope, you are missing the pointWell, we CAN judge that for what it is. You claimed they, believers in separatism, are not racist. I say that people who do hold to that belief system ARE racist.Hmm....but you do contradict this later...You admit that if white separatism is happening as defined on a "larger scale", that it would be racism. You just admitted to it being a racist ideology since its practice would be racism. The remaining problem is the "scale" issue, it does not matter the size, it is a racist ideology. The Weavers believing in it did make them racists.
    it makes them want to be left alone. They are afraid of anything that is different than what they know and do not want to be exposed to it. Randy pretty much wants everyone to leave him alone. If you want to call him a racist then do so, I do not agree.

    "You know, when they came and took away my fourth amendment I kept my yap shut, what the hell, I really didnít have anything to hide anyway. When they grabbed up my second amendment I sat still and bit my tongue because, truth be told, Iím allergic to guns. But here we are, you with your cold hard fingers wrapped around the neck of my first amendment and Iíve got to shout as loud as I can, because if I donít, before you know it, you wonít let me say nothing at all"
    --Randolph J. Dworkin

    ďReading makes a full man, meditation a profound man, discourse a clear man.Ē
    -- Ben Franklin

    "It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world"
    -- Chaos Theory

  3. #383
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Actually I am. I get that you're arguing with her whether they are racists.

    I'm saying that isn't the point in the context of this thread. The point is whether they deserved their treatment at the hands of gov't.


    These days, lotta people are comfortable with the idea of persecuting racists whether they've done anything or not.....
    You are trying to drawn me into YOUR debate. I don't really care about your debate, you don't care about MY debate. I am NOT trying to draw you into to it, why are try to draw me into YOURS?

  4. #384
    Educator
    taxigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Last Seen
    10-21-16 @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,205

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    The law protects the weird and icky, too, if they haven't done anything illegal.

    If it doesn't, what other weird and icky groups should we single out for bring trampled, with little care for actual guilt?
    There's that word again, icky.

    "You know, when they came and took away my fourth amendment I kept my yap shut, what the hell, I really didnít have anything to hide anyway. When they grabbed up my second amendment I sat still and bit my tongue because, truth be told, Iím allergic to guns. But here we are, you with your cold hard fingers wrapped around the neck of my first amendment and Iíve got to shout as loud as I can, because if I donít, before you know it, you wonít let me say nothing at all"
    --Randolph J. Dworkin

    ďReading makes a full man, meditation a profound man, discourse a clear man.Ē
    -- Ben Franklin

    "It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world"
    -- Chaos Theory

  5. #385
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    it makes them want to be left alone. They are afraid of anything that is different than what they know and do not want to be exposed to it. Randy pretty much wants everyone to leave him alone. If you want to call him a racist then do so, I do not agree.
    If Randy believes in a racist ideology, an ideology that you admit is racist, then sorry, you are wrong, that does make him a racist....unless you are tossing logic and fact out the window along with not realizing what racial separatism entails.
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 03-10-12 at 04:45 PM.

  6. #386
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,190

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You are trying to drawn me into YOUR debate. I don't really care about your debate, you don't care about MY debate. I am NOT trying to draw you into to it, why are try to draw me into YOURS?



    Okay bud, knock yourself out.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  7. #387
    Educator
    taxigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Last Seen
    10-21-16 @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,205

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    You are trying to drawn me into YOUR debate. I don't really care about your debate, you don't care about MY debate. I am NOT trying to draw you into to it, why are try to draw me into YOURS?
    Look, racism is not what we were talking about here. If you want to argue the dangers of separatism, start another thread. I will participate and we can discuss all the things you want me to say right now. Our point is that it does not matter what a wacked out nutty weird, racist, sexist, homophobic, *I do not know if these are all correct) doomsayer believed, he did not deserve the treatment he received from our government who is supposed to protect us from real threats. The true crazy people here turned out to be the FBI and ATF, they were prejudice against a weirdo.

    I don't care if he is David Duke, as much as I would like to punch that guy in the face a few hundred times, he is entitled to his opinion .

    "You know, when they came and took away my fourth amendment I kept my yap shut, what the hell, I really didnít have anything to hide anyway. When they grabbed up my second amendment I sat still and bit my tongue because, truth be told, Iím allergic to guns. But here we are, you with your cold hard fingers wrapped around the neck of my first amendment and Iíve got to shout as loud as I can, because if I donít, before you know it, you wonít let me say nothing at all"
    --Randolph J. Dworkin

    ďReading makes a full man, meditation a profound man, discourse a clear man.Ē
    -- Ben Franklin

    "It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world"
    -- Chaos Theory

  8. #388
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Okay bud, knock yourself out.
    Wow, you needed me to help you get to this conclusion? Not glad to help out.

  9. #389
    Sage
    Gimmesometruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    US Southwest
    Last Seen
    09-13-17 @ 10:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    22,405

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    Look, racism is not what we were talking about here.
    WTF? You brought it up!!! You defended the Weavers as not being racists.
    If you want to argue the dangers of separatism, start another thread.
    Separatism IS part of the Militia movement....it will be a subtext to the discussion....sheesh!
    I will participate and we can discuss all the things you want me to say right now. Our point is that it does not matter what a wacked out nutty weird, racist, sexist, homophobic, *I do not know if these are all correct) doomsayer believed, he did not deserve the treatment he received from our government who is supposed to protect us from real threats. The true crazy people here turned out to be the FBI and ATF, they were prejudice against a weirdo.
    That is YOUR separate argument, you just can't defend your claim that the Weavers "were not racists". They were if they believed in white separatism.

    I don't care if he is David Duke, as much as I would like to punch that guy in the face a few hundred times, he is entitled to his opinion .
    If you claimed he was or is not a racist, you would still be just as wrong about him as you are about the Weavers.


    PS...why did you respond to the comment for another and not the one directed to you?
    Last edited by Gimmesometruth; 03-10-12 at 05:00 PM.

  10. #390
    Educator
    taxigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Last Seen
    10-21-16 @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,205

    Re: Explosive Growth of Militias

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimmesometruth View Post
    WTF? You brought it up!!! You defended the Weavers as not being racists. Separatism IS part of the Militia movement....it will be a subtext to the discussion....sheesh!That is YOUR separate argument, you just can't defend your claim that the Weavers "were not racists". They were if they believed in white separatism.

    If you claimed he was or is not a racist, you would still be just as wrong about him as you are about the Weavers.
    Gimmsometruth,

    Yes i said "His family were white separatists, this does not make them racist ". If this is true than Weaver is every type of "ist" there is because he just wants to be left alone. It does not make him racist because he wants to be separate from everyone. At this point I don't blame him.

    Just as he would not want someone of a different race near him he would not want the Bill Maher near him, me, you. Goshin, Pamela Anderson, Larry Flint, Dick Cheney etc... etc... get it?

    "You know, when they came and took away my fourth amendment I kept my yap shut, what the hell, I really didnít have anything to hide anyway. When they grabbed up my second amendment I sat still and bit my tongue because, truth be told, Iím allergic to guns. But here we are, you with your cold hard fingers wrapped around the neck of my first amendment and Iíve got to shout as loud as I can, because if I donít, before you know it, you wonít let me say nothing at all"
    --Randolph J. Dworkin

    ďReading makes a full man, meditation a profound man, discourse a clear man.Ē
    -- Ben Franklin

    "It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world"
    -- Chaos Theory

Page 39 of 61 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •