Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 203

Thread: Barack Obama pushes for $1bn green tax credits

  1. #51
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: Barack Obama pushes for $1bn green tax credits

    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    Source? According to the OMB, DoD spending in 2005 was 20% of spending.

    http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...s/hist04z1.xls

  2. #52
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:34 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,888

    Re: Barack Obama pushes for $1bn green tax credits

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Source? According to the OMB, DoD spending in 2005 was 20% of spending.

    http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/defa...s/hist04z1.xls
    Thats called cherry picking to try and make your point. He pulled that chart by examining discretionary spending only.

  3. #53
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: Barack Obama pushes for $1bn green tax credits

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    And when you add in required spending....



    1990


    And this year.....
    Please post sources if your going to quote graphs. Unless you are the one who made these.

  4. #54
    Guru
    Samhain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:34 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,888

    Re: Barack Obama pushes for $1bn green tax credits

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Please post sources if your going to quote graphs. Unless you are the one who made these.
    FDsys - Browse BUDGET

    Graphs created by Government Spending in United States: Federal State Local for 2012 - Charts Tables History

  5. #55
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: Barack Obama pushes for $1bn green tax credits

    Quote Originally Posted by Samhain View Post
    Thats called cherry picking to try and make your point. He pulled that chart by examining discretionary spending only.
    Its kind of moot anyway. Its valid to say the US spends too much on defense. But if youre trying to use it in relation to cutting spending, then their are bigger problems. As you showed, entitlement spending is now 100% of revenue.

  6. #56
    Disappointed Evolutionist
    Catawba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    05-28-13 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    27,254

    Re: Barack Obama pushes for $1bn green tax credits

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Demand is up faster. World oil production is 89 mb/d. Demand is 91mb/d. That equals shortage and prices go up.
    Exactly why our increased production doesn't lower world oil prices, that was my point. Drill baby drill, is just a conservative campaign slogan. The US hasn't produced as much oil as it consumes since 1971, and now the world is approaching that same point.

    That's why beginning to transition now to alternatives will be so important to our future economy, and it can be a source of jobs so this helps on several fronts.
    Treat the earth well: it was not given to you by your parents, it was loaned to you by your children. We do not inherit the Earth from our Ancestors, we borrow it from our Children. ~ Ancient American Indian Proverb

  7. #57
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: Barack Obama pushes for $1bn green tax credits

    Quote Originally Posted by Catawba View Post
    Exactly why our increased production doesn't lower world oil prices, that was my point. Drill baby drill, is just a conservative campaign slogan. The US hasn't produced as much oil as it consumes since 1971, and now the world is approaching that same point.

    That's why beginning to transition now to alternatives will be so important to our future economy, and it can be a source of jobs so this helps on several fronts.
    That makes no sense. MORE production would lower prices one you had a surplus of oil. And it doesnt stop you from also pursuing other energy. Thats is the conservative plan. All energy, as much as you can get, in a free market.

  8. #58
    Sage
    Mycroft's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,882

    Re: Barack Obama pushes for $1bn green tax credits

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    That makes no sense. MORE production would lower prices one you had a surplus of oil. And it doesnt stop you from also pursuing other energy. Thats is the conservative plan. All energy, as much as you can get, in a free market.
    You will never get an agreement for this attitude from a liberal. They NEED gas and oil prices to increase. It makes their favorite alternative energy scheme that much more attractive. Heck, even Obama says so.
    TANSTAAFL

    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon

  9. #59
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Barack Obama pushes for $1bn green tax credits

    Oooooooohhhh, one whole billion dollars. I'm just all giddy, got a tingle up my leg. Hope and change.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #60
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: Barack Obama pushes for $1bn green tax credits

    The other advantage to drilling is it creates jobs, creates wealth for individuals which stimulates growth AND it provides royalties where the resources are govt controlled. There simply is no reason not to drill so long as its doesnt harm others.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •