Page 47 of 69 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 686

Thread: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

  1. #461
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    I am fully aware of that. There is no clear answer. I accept that.

    Again, that's fair.

  2. #462
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,606

    Re: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Can I assume you have no idea what you are bitching about? I've asked about 20 times and you've failed to provide an answer.

    We'll just chalk you up to defending Limbaugh for no apparent reason, ok? Here is my impression of Hershaw:

    Random Person 1: Wow, I can't believe Limbaugh called that girl a slut!
    Harshaw: OMG Maher!
    Random Person 2: What about Maher!?!
    Harshaw: Wow, you hypocrite!
    Random Person 1: WTF?

    And then everyone's heads explode.
    Oh, good LORD -- not only is this hilarious in itself . . .

    You also "liked" Kandahar's post above, which is in keeping with everything I said . . .

    And yesterday, you not only understood it, you AGREED WITH ME.

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I hear you on that. The only reason I can see why that would be true is because Sarah Palin is a politician and that's what politics has come to in this country. However, this lady that Rush called a slut is just some random law student who was trying to make a difference. I would liken it to the nappy-headed ho comment.

    If Imus had called Condaleeza a nappy-headed ho, he'd still have his job.
    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    Well that's an issue, because pundits (and talking heads in general) say crazy **** all the time. I think the major thing they need to keep in mind is to say it about someone who is fair game. The volleyball team Imus was referring to - not fair game apparently. And this law student, apparently was not fair game as well.

    Personally, I agree with you. But news is more about entertainment than news, so there is no moral or ethical guidelines they need to follow. You want to say the president is "terrorist fist bumping", go right ahead. There is no accountability. Just don't call sluts or nappy-headed hoes. Bad **** goes down when you do that.
    I think you have no idea what you say from post to post.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  3. #463
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Oh, good LORD -- not only is this hilarious in itself . . .

    You also "liked" Kandahar's post above, which is in keeping with everything I said . . .

    And yesterday, you not only understood it, you AGREED WITH ME.

    I think you have no idea what you say from post to post.
    I'm just confused as to your motives? Are you just trying to say Maher is a dick? Because it seems to me you are using Maher's dickishness as a bargaining chip to excuse Rush's dickishness. That's the issue I am having.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  4. #464
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,606

    Re: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    I'm just confused as to your motives? Are you just trying to say Maher is a dick? Because it seems to me you are using Maher's dickishness as a bargaining chip to excuse Rush's dickishness. That's the issue I am having.
    Yes, because you apparently can't read.

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    What "difference" am I missing? And "disagreeing with my values"? I'm pretty sure I'm the one who's condemning the bad behavior of both, regardless of "values," and it's you who are trying to draw a distinction for some reason or another.

    Misogyny is misogyny, no matter who it's against or who says it. There are no qualifiers.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #465
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,351
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Libertarians support full privatization, republicans prefer partial to full. you can argue he is more a republican than a libertarian.




    Republican, and libertarian, I concede this one, but from your same wiki, the next few lines talks about his support of kyoto and global warming....

    Not to mention his membership in PETA....





    I agree with this.







    There is no difference between liberal and progressive. Even he thinks being afraid of being called a liberal is silly, take another look at your wiki.


    Supports racial profiling, not libertarian.




    Stupid is you constantly calling me a conservative. you should up your game, or at least give me a list of my "conservative" positions so it doesn't look like you are just mad I'm calling out Maher for what he is.
    If you actually beleive there is no difference between liberal and progressive you are exactly the wrong person to be claiming any one is part of any ideology. There are significant differences.

    I call you a conservative here to make a point.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #466
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Yes, because you apparently can't read.
    No, I think it's you who can't read, because you constantly seem to assume that I am out for Limbaugh's blood. I just said I don't give a **** what Maher said because he's a comedian on HBO.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  7. #467
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:24 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,606

    Re: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    No, I think it's you who can't read, because you constantly seem to assume that I am out for Limbaugh's blood. I just said I don't give a **** what Maher said because he's a comedian on HBO.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  8. #468
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Yes, because you apparently can't read.
    is that how you debate an issue? by accusing others of illiteracy?

  9. #469
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:43 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,351
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

    Moderator's Warning:
    Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apologyLet's all tone it down here.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #470
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    A failed picture. That about sums your entire argument up in one post, eh?
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

Page 47 of 69 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •