Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 686

Thread: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

  1. #21
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Actually I am right, and I am simply correcting a flaw in your reasoning. Maher describes himself as a libertarian or as a progressive. His views on issues would most closely be descried as libertarian. He is not a liberal.

    Bill Maher Still Secure In ABC Slot, At Least Now - NYTimes.com



    Just sticking your fingers in your ears while shouting "he is a liberal" is not convincing.



    What is.the difference between "progressive" and "liberal"?


    What are bill Maher's "libertarian" positions?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #22
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    What is.the difference between "progressive" and "liberal"?
    Progressives favor social and economic and reform and change. A liberal tends to favor governmental solutions to national issues.

    What are bill Maher's "libertarian" positions?
    You mean like favoring partial privatization of social security?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #23
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Actually I am right, and I am simply correcting a flaw in your reasoning. Maher describes himself as a libertarian or as a progressive. His views on issues would most closely be descried as libertarian. He is not a liberal.

    Bill Maher Still Secure In ABC Slot, At Least Now - NYTimes.com



    Just sticking your fingers in your ears while shouting "he is a liberal" is not convincing.


    In addition to the two examples I linked above, his declaration of support for.obamacare, beleif in European socialism , rabidly anti-2nd amendment.


    One may call oneself whatever they wish, however it is clear as day, he is no.libertarian but a A big gov liberal.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #24
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    In addition to the two examples I linked above, his declaration of support for.obamacare, beleif in European socialism , rabidly anti-2nd amendment.


    One may call oneself whatever they wish, however it is clear as day, he is no.libertarian but a A big gov liberal.
    Too bad the real world does not care what some random person on the internet claims he is. Republicans like you(see what I did there?) love to use purity tests to decide if some one is or isn't really one of them, but the real world does not work that way. Many of his views are clearly not liberal(ending funding for nonprofits), but since it works for you, you claim he must be.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  5. #25
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Too bad the real world does not care what some random person on the internet claims he is. Republicans like you(see what I did there?) love to use purity tests to decide if some one is or isn't really one of them, but the real world does not work that way. Many of his views are clearly not liberal(ending funding for nonprofits), but since it works for you, you claim he must be.


    One could argue the merits of someones claim. A debate forums seems to me a proper place for it. I am sorry you felt the need to post your first sentence. Seems odd since we are on a debate forum.


    And no, what you did was make a claim that I was a republican, what you failed to do is give links and examples backing up your claim.



    I other hand provided evidence to back up my claim.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #26
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:57 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    One could argue the merits of someones claim. A debate forums seems to me a proper place for it. I am sorry you felt the need to post your first sentence. Seems odd since we are on a debate forum.


    And no, what you did was make a claim that I was a republican, what you failed to do is give links and examples backing up your claim.



    I other hand provided evidence to back up my claim.
    You showed that he contributed to the cause, not that he espoused an idiology. What you did was exactly what I said,some random guy on the internet making a random claim. I actually documented that he self identifies as a libertarian, which has much more actual meaning than some random guy claiming he is a liberal. You provided no evidence, and made wild claims. Backing up claims is what we call debate.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #27
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

    Maher is a textbook liberal. this is like arguing over 1+1

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    If Bill Mayer can speak for all liberals, can Rush speak for all conservatives? Because if you are making the argument that a pundit can speak for such huge groups of people there's about to a million more Rush topics, hell I suppose they'll be a million Mayer topics too.
    Ha-ha, swe-eeet!!

    Nice one.

  9. #29
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Ha-ha, swe-eeet!!

    Nice one.
    I could be wrong, but aren't you one of those members here that throws up Maher videos to blast and insult the right?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You are one of the most ridiculous liberals on this website. Don't you get it, it's over. Bill Maher, in this case, speaks for all liberals, and has spoken. Liberals can STFU now. You have nothing left now. And btw, learn how to spell his name.
    Bill Maher is not our God nor our King.

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •