Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 686

Thread: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

  1. #11
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,711

    Re: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBerry View Post
    What a ****ty troll thread this is...
    Moderator's Warning:
    Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apologyThen choose not to post in it.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #12
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You're wrong. And what you've just done is admit that this is purely polical by arguing over whether is he's liberal or not. This isn't about an insult at all, but about making political hay.....just as I thought.
    Actually I am right, and I am simply correcting a flaw in your reasoning. Maher describes himself as a libertarian or as a progressive. His views on issues would most closely be descried as libertarian. He is not a liberal.

    Bill Maher Still Secure In ABC Slot, At Least Now - NYTimes.com

    Mr. Maher, who grew up in River Vale, N.J., and graduated from Cornell with a degree in English, is by all accounts, a news buff. He considers himself a libertarian. And that puts him at odds at times with conservatives, at times with liberals, and at times with executives of Disney, who are said, for example, to be no fans of his criticism of the war against drugs.
    Just sticking your fingers in your ears while shouting "he is a liberal" is not convincing.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  3. #13
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

    Quote Originally Posted by ChuckBerry View Post
    What a ****ty troll thread this is...
    I think we're having a good time with it.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  4. #14
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Actually I am right, and I am simply correcting a flaw in your reasoning. Maher describes himself as a libertarian or as a progressive. His views on issues would most closely be descried as libertarian. He is not a liberal.

    Bill Maher Still Secure In ABC Slot, At Least Now - NYTimes.com


    Just sticking your fingers in your ears while shouting "he is a liberal" is not convincing.
    A liberaltarian maybe, he also considers himself progressive.

    Bill Maher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  5. #15
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    A liberaltarian maybe, he also considers himself progressive.

    Bill Maher - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Hey, so now we have 2 sources that don't think he is a liberal. So does Ed Schultz speak for all conservatives?
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You are one of the most ridiculous liberals on this website. Don't you get it, it's over. Bill Maher, in this case, speaks for all liberals, and has spoken. Liberals can STFU now. You have nothing left now. And btw, learn how to spell his name.
    Firstly, I'm not a liberal and I've never claimed to be. I'm actually political neutral in that labels mean nothing to me and I consider myself more of a pragmatic problem solver than an ideologue. I guess if you were certain you could call me a closet liberal but labels like that don't mean anything here anyway.

    Secondly, lets assume I am a liberal blue blooded and all. I've never watched a minute of Bill Maher, nor do I read or otherwise consume any of his material. I really have no idea what his personal opinions or politics are, really all I know about this man is a name a face, and I know he has a TV show. But I do know this about him, because its true for literally anyone, and that is they don't speak for everyone. If I was a liberal and if I had a problem with Rush's comments, I could still choose to have the opinion that I still don't think Rush's apology is insufficient.

    I mean are you seriously telling me that some guy, whom as you pointed out I can't even spell his name, somehow dictates my opinion? Let's not be stupid.

    By the way, I personally think Rush's apology is insincere and probably motivated by his sponsor's actions. But I also think Rush is a blowhard and I really don't care what he says or why he says it, so the 'issue' really isn't an issue for me at all but if I was compelled to give an opinion you have. And thats my opinion, regardless of what Meher or whoever elses says.

  7. #17
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Hey, so now we have 2 sources that don't think he is a liberal. So does Ed Schultz speak for all conservatives?
    You know how many of our own libertarian members are liberal? The source I gave clearly includes progressive as a description. But more importantly the left has portrayed this as a meanspirited insult to this poor little law student. But the fact that you are giving Maher a pass, shows this is purely political as everyone on the right contends. That is proven whether Maher is either lean, but there is no doubt that he is huge liberal hero. Even our own liberal member have posted his stuff on this site, and you know it.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #18
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    You know how many of our own libertarian members are liberal? The source I gave clearly includes progressive as a description. But more importantly the left has portrayed this as a meanspirited insult to this poor little law student. But the fact that you are giving Maher a pass, shows this is purely political as everyone on the right contends. That is proven whether Maher is either lean, but there is no doubt that he is huge liberal hero. Even our own liberal member have posted his stuff on this site, and you know it.
    Bill Maher is not a member here, so what people here call themselves is irrelevant.

    Liberalism and progressivism are two signifiantly different ideologies.

    The left is not all one person with one idea. Some of us on the left condemn any one who acts the asshole in political discourse.

    Bo one person speaks for every member of an idiology.

    Your premise is wrong on basically every level.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  9. #19
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680
    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Ummmm...Bill Maher isn't a liberal. Hate to rain on your parade, but your comments would be like saying that Ed Schultz speaks for all conservatives.


    www.yallpolitics.com/index.php/yp/post/

    latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2012/02/bill-maher-donates-million-dollars-to-obama-pac.html



    He calls himself a libertarian, however he is a liberal.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #20
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:41 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Bill Maher defends Rush Limbaugh for 'slut' apology

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    www.yallpolitics.com/index.php/yp/post/

    latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2012/02/bill-maher-donates-million-dollars-to-obama-pac.html



    He calls himself a libertarian, however he is a liberal.
    I did not know donating money determined your ideology. Nice try though.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •