Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 429

Thread: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

  1. #71
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,078

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    U.S. News - Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game



    Hmmm, I didn't know that the USA consisted of white people only.

    What really burns my blood is that you can not possibly imagine the stuff my daughter has heard playing basketball and running in track meets at predominantly black schools, but MSNBC wouldn't be the least bit interested in a story like that.

    Double standards run amuck.

    It looks like the PC retards running amok in Texas.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  2. #72
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,730

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    That's just your own assumption. Just like there will be people like that in THAT thread, there are people in THIS thread who say, "oh, this is no big deal... they should get over it".
    Exactly correct...but the assumption is based on what has happened with virtually every thread started where racism from the 'white' perspective HAS been started. And get over what exactly? Oh noes...my feelings is hurt because they chanted USA? If the people that were upset had a half a brain in their head they would have joined in the chant. Think about how THAT would have worked out. OBVIOUSLY they were and are proud Americans and proud to have escaped FROM that rathole south of the border...so joining in would have made perfect sense AND shut them up.

  3. #73
    Advisor gmeyers1944's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Westfield,NY (on Lake Erie)
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 04:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    504

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    So what?

    We all know why they were chanting USA - even the racists.
    Do you claim to be a mind reader? You should stick to your day job!

  4. #74
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,730

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by iliveonramen View Post
    So it was the Hispanics that need to grow up? Not the high schoolers who never learned to respect others?
    Anyone that gets their panties twisted about this kind of stuff needs to grow up and get a little perspective on what is actually going on in the 'real' world. And those 'hispanics' living in America probably should have simply JOINED IN THE CHANT. USA USA!!! Not that ****ing rathole we escaped from...USA USA!!!

  5. #75
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Exactly correct...but the assumption is based on what has happened with virtually every thread started where racism from the 'white' perspective HAS been started. And get over what exactly? Oh noes...my feelings is hurt because they chanted USA? If the people that were upset had a half a brain in their head they would have joined in the chant. Think about how THAT would have worked out. OBVIOUSLY they were and are proud Americans and proud to have escaped FROM that rathole south of the border...so joining in would have made perfect sense AND shut them up.
    Seeing as they just lost to the opposing team, I think we can rule out cheering them on and chanting USA along with them as a viable option.

  6. #76
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,802

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Exactly correct...but the assumption is based on what has happened with virtually every thread started where racism from the 'white' perspective HAS been started. And get over what exactly? Oh noes...my feelings is hurt because they chanted USA? If the people that were upset had a half a brain in their head they would have joined in the chant. Think about how THAT would have worked out. OBVIOUSLY they were and are proud Americans and proud to have escaped FROM that rathole south of the border...so joining in would have made perfect sense AND shut them up.
    Then it works both ways. In the thread that you would have hypothetically created, the whites should "just get over it," too. And what I always see on these threads is this: bigotry towards whites is attacked by conservatives, minimized by liberals; bigotry towards non-whites is attacked by liberals, minimized by conservatives. This does not apply to ALL of either lean, of course, but as a generality, it's what I've seen.

    And how the other team responded or didn't respond is irrelevant to what the initial team did.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #77
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 05:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,213

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Anyone that gets their panties twisted about this kind of stuff needs to grow up and get a little perspective on what is actually going on in the 'real' world. And those 'hispanics' living in America probably should have simply JOINED IN THE CHANT. USA USA!!! Not that ****ing rathole we escaped from...USA USA!!!
    I'm pretty sure they are more than happy to be in the US. I'm pretty sure they have a better gauge of what being an American is than the spoiled brats cheering.....assuming they are in an area dominated by 1st and 2nd generation Americans.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  8. #78
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Last Seen
    11-17-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    19,610

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Anyone that gets their panties twisted about this kind of stuff needs to grow up and get a little perspective on what is actually going on in the 'real' world. And those 'hispanics' living in America probably should have simply JOINED IN THE CHANT. USA USA!!! Not that ****ing rathole we escaped from...USA USA!!!
    Have you ever noticed that your posts usually pre-emptively attack people who've got their "panties in a twist"?

  9. #79
    User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Where the fur traders sang
    Last Seen
    05-15-12 @ 02:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    58

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Then YOU try to answer my question:

    And if both teams are from the USA, why would ONE feel the need to chant "USA, USA"?
    Here is one guess- because they're proud to be an American.

  10. #80
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Here is one guess- because they're proud to be an American.
    LOL thanks for the laughs.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

Page 8 of 43 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •