Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 429

Thread: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

  1. #331
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    You didn't feel like repeating all of the definitions that are not in the thread? I mean that would take zero seconds to accomplish since there are none for you to repeat. Based upon this brain dead kind of stuff, which you just keep repeating, well, good day.
    So you're just taking a cheap shot? Telling me I didn't use the word correctly and not explaining how it was incorrect?

    Thanks, for playing...or not.

    EDIT: And you STILL haven't addressed the USA chant being a regular thing or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  2. #332
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    So you're just taking a cheap shot? Telling me I didn't use the word correctly and not explaining how it was incorrect?

    Thanks, for playing...or not.

    EDIT: And you STILL haven't addressed the USA chant being a regular thing or not.
    What I am saying is good day because you just keep demonstrating that you not only won't or can't keep up with the conversation, or make your argument fit the definition, but it is obvious this is because you just want to argue. For the sake of argument, so you keep asking me to represent info already addressed. I'm not interested in pointing out to you over and over again, information that has been appearing on the same page of the scroll that you are acting like it is not already in. Over and over. Like wise you keep stating simple as hell falsehoods, referring to events that have not occurred in the thread, while missing comments and posts that are in the thread. You can call it a cheap shot or whatever else you want, I really could care less. IMO you offer only an truly idiotic argument which all of the above make for one great sized idiotic argument.

    Look. Over there, some wet paint. I think I'll go watch it dry rather than waste another second indulging you.

  3. #333
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    What I am saying is good day because you just keep demonstrating that you not only won't or can't keep up with the conversation, or make your argument fit the definition, but it is obvious this is because you just want to argue. For the sake of argument, so you keep asking me to represent info already addressed. I'm not interested in pointing out to you over and over again, information that has been appearing on the same page of the scroll that you are acting like it is not already in. Over and over. Like wise you keep stating simple as hell falsehoods, referring to events that have not occurred in the thread, while missing comments and posts that are in the thread. You can call it a cheap shot or whatever else you want, I really could care less. IMO you offer only an truly idiotic argument which all of the above make for one great sized idiotic argument.

    Look. Over there, some wet paint. I think I'll go watch it dry rather than waste another second indulging you.
    What you pointed out was INCORRECT, as I have already told you and sourced it to you. YOUR unwillingness to correct your argument is your failing, not mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  4. #334
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Hmmm, I didn't know that the USA consisted of white people only.
    The message/implication was obvious, the hispanic students are not real Americans. This kind of ignorance needs to be stamped out everywhere it springs up. It's totally country to who we are and what we stand for as a country.

    I want to GOP candidate who goes on TV after something like this and scolds the kids saying, THIS MUST END NOW.

    The majority of kids probably don't have a racist bone in their body, but they went along with the crowd chanting. Appeal to this kids to DO THE RIGHT THING next time.

  5. #335
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I always enjoy how extreme conservatives have no understanding of context. They just paint things in black or white, without examining the situation.

    Puhleeze. the only reason to use such inflammatory language like "extreme" is a pure troll of the thread, something I would think a smart guy like you would steer clear of....But then again judging from your past participation on these boards...maybe not....




    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #336
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    The message/implication was obvious, the hispanic students are not real Americans. This kind of ignorance needs to be stamped out everywhere it springs up. It's totally country to who we are and what we stand for as a country.

    I want to GOP candidate who goes on TV after something like this and scolds the kids saying, THIS MUST END NOW.

    The majority of kids probably don't have a racist bone in their body, but they went along with the crowd chanting. Appeal to this kids to DO THE RIGHT THING next time.

    You are so right....'USA' is sooooooo much more insulting than 'Alamo whites'....


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #337
    Professor cmakaioz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Oakland, CA
    Last Seen
    01-22-13 @ 02:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    1,582

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You are so right....'USA' is sooooooo much more insulting than 'Alamo whites'....


    j-mac
    As already pointed out...

    IF such a chant was ALSO done, then it's also an instance of racism. So what? That has no bearing on whether or not the "USA" chant was/is a case of racism.

    Let's see -- using my advanced math skills to count things up here --

    1+1 doesn't equal ZERO.

    1+1 would equal TWO.

    I must be getting old; I find myself longing for the Good Ol' Days when I remember arguments being based upon some kind of substantive difference of principle instead of dramatic basic failures at logic and math.
    I've moved on to a better forum (scienceforums.net). Facts matter, and I don't have the time or energy for putting up with the pretense that they don't. PM me if you'd like me to get in touch with you when I'm done developing my own forum system, likely towards the end of 2013.

  8. #338
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Puhleeze. the only reason to use such inflammatory language like "extreme" is a pure troll of the thread, something I would think a smart guy like you would steer clear of....But then again judging from your past participation on these boards...maybe not....




    j-mac
    I use extreme because it's accurate. I have yet to see an extreme conservative understand context. Extreme conservatives paint things in black or white... heck, it's what defines them. Extreme liberals, too.

    Now, show us that you are not an extreme conservative, j-mac, and demonstrate the context of chanting "USA, USA" in this particular situation.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #339
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You are so right....'USA' is sooooooo much more insulting than 'Alamo whites'....


    j-mac

    Red herring. Whether it was done first or done at all is irrelevant. Tell us the context of chanting "USA, USA" in this situation.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #340
    Sage
    Peter King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    14,014

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    U.S. News - Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game



    Hmmm, I didn't know that the USA consisted of white people only.

    What really burns my blood is that you can not possibly imagine the stuff my daughter has heard playing basketball and running in track meets at predominantly black schools, but MSNBC wouldn't be the least bit interested in a story like that.

    Double standards run amuck.
    I am sorry, but your double standards comment does not make sense. Do these black students at those meets should USA USA to denigrate the white people at the meets? No, because african americans are still americans. So your analogy is totally off.

    These students were cheering USA USA because their opponents were mostly Latinos. Latinos most likely are not seen as "real" americans by those shouting USA USA. If they had been shouting Alamo Heights, Alamo Heights nobody would have complained or looked at their behaviour as done with a racial undertone.

    Normally US team supporters shout the chant USA, USA if they are playing foreign teams. Just like dutch fans shout Holland, Holland when they are at games of the Dutch team and shout the name of their team when they are playing other dutch teams or other club teams.

    So I rather disagree with you, this chant was at least in part done a racist chant.

Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •