Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 429

Thread: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

  1. #221
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by SLAMRAAM View Post
    Because liberals think that minorities are poor, weak, defenseless, and beneath them rather than peers - so when some racist Latinos chant "Alamo Whites", it's no big deal, but when the whites chant "USA! USA!" back at them, it's an atrocity - because Latinos are just a poor, persecuted, defenseless minority who can't take the "racism" that they so happily dish out.
    WTF are you talking about? Here's a tip for you:

    Try making sense when you post!
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  2. #222
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    WTF are you talking about? Here's a tip for you:

    Try making sense when you post!
    His post makes sense. I was in NYC a few years ago and went to a club that a friend knew they were having a dance contest in there. They had the dance crews going it at. Really fun to watch. The final 2 groups that went at it was a group of black kids and a group of puerto ricans. The PR group won, and the crowd, or part of the crowd was getting pretty excited for them and the phrase Boriqua over and over. In case you don't know it means Puerto Rico or puerto rican or something like that. The other group of kids, or any of the other losers or anyone else in that crowd didnt start getting huffy and crying because of them chanting Boriqua. Certainly didn't make the news, and there damn sure weren't a ton of liberals there telling how wrong it was to have pride in the country many of them were from.

    So I want to ask now, do you think those people in the crowd were being racist?

  3. #223
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    His post makes sense. I was in NYC a few years ago and went to a club that a friend knew they were having a dance contest in there. They had the dance crews going it at. Really fun to watch. The final 2 groups that went at it was a group of black kids and a group of puerto ricans. The PR group won, and the crowd, or part of the crowd was getting pretty excited for them and the phrase Boriqua over and over. In case you don't know it means Puerto Rico or puerto rican or something like that. The other group of kids, or any of the other losers or anyone else in that crowd didnt start getting huffy and crying because of them chanting Boriqua. Certainly didn't make the news, and there damn sure weren't a ton of liberals there telling how wrong it was to have pride in the country many of them were from.

    So I want to ask now, do you think those people in the crowd were being racist?
    That has to be the worst comparison to this situation ever.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  4. #224
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by whysoserious View Post
    That has to be the worst comparison to this situation ever.
    How so? Please explain. So its okay for Puerto Ricans to have pride, but Americans shouldn't?

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-13-12 @ 02:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    How so? Please explain. So its okay for Puerto Ricans to have pride, but Americans shouldn't?


    You are absolutely right muciti, I agree with you totally, don't ask for anything.... if people want to live in ignorance let them.

  6. #226
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    How so? Please explain. So its okay for Puerto Ricans to have pride, but Americans shouldn't?
    In the basketball game, BOTH teams were American. You're comparison would have made sense if BOTH dancing teams were puerto rican. That is why your comparison fails. Chanting Boriqua isn't offensive to the Black dance team because it doesn't insinuate that they're not puerto rican, because as you say, they're black.

    When the crowd started chanting USA, that insinuated that the other team were NOT Americans. THAT is why it was offensive, and THAT is why your comparison does not work.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  7. #227
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    You are absolutely right muciti, I agree with you totally, don't ask for anything.... if people want to live in ignorance let them.
    How is chanting USA show casing pride, when the losing team was American?
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  8. #228
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,626

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    I take the totality of the thread into consideration, by doing so content, context, and a record of what was represented can be used in a discussion, if necessary.

    You have selected some of my statements and ignored others for reasons I cannot fathom. Thank you for inviting me to this discussion, I have answered your questions, rebutted your presumptions and presented evidence which contradicts several positions you have represented.
    You have done nothing of the sort. I pointed out your lack of context in assessing the situation. When confronted, you backpeddled, and claimed to be questioning things, even after I quoted your posts, demonstrating that you did nothing of the sort. You have made unsubstantiated accusations which I have rebutted completely. That about sums it up.

    Your “like” posts are very relevant as far as I am concerned. Precedent was set when Global Moderator Serenity treated my “like” as a serious position when she stated, “i have a problem with which you "liked".”
    Your assumptions are just that. Assumptions. I "like" posts for a variety of reasons.

    Therefore you appear to have two opposing positions, it seems:

    1. You stated that, “[You have] already said in this thread that what occurred was not racism.”
    In the strictest terms, correct.

    2. By proxy supported the idea that the statement was racially based. You “Liked” and supported such views. The application of the “Serenity Like Standard” is applied here as a "matter of course".
    This is where you make a false assumption. Just because one poster applies a standard like that does not mean another does. Therefore, since this part of your supposition fails to have any validity, your presumption that there is a contradiction is false.

    I have exercised the degree of respect, courtesy and tolerance which I would have expected and thank you once again for your interest in my views. I look forward to discussing other issues and topics with you in the future.

    Warmest regards,

    Connery
    Well, I do hope you enjoyed the interaction. Perhaps we can do it again.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #229
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    In the basketball game, BOTH teams were American. You're comparison would have made sense if BOTH dancing teams were puerto rican. That is why your comparison fails. Chanting Boriqua isn't offensive to the Black dance team because it doesn't insinuate that they're not puerto rican, because as you say, they're black.

    When the crowd started chanting USA, that insinuated that the other team were NOT Americans. THAT is why it was offensive, and THAT is why your comparison does not work.
    I am fairly confident that just about everyone there was American.

  10. #230
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightdemon View Post
    How is chanting USA show casing pride, when the losing team was American?
    When I compete against another American I am still proud to be American. The other party doesnt really dictate whether or not I am proud to American. You seem to have this misconception that American equals white, and white equals wrong. That is simply not the case. In that same dance competition i was at and people were chanting borirqua, what if a white group had won and people started chanting USA then. Or if the black group had won and USA was chanted. At what point does it become racist? Seems like only when white people are involved.

Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •