Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 429

Thread: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

  1. #151
    Guru

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    06-28-17 @ 10:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,909

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by AClockworkGrape View Post
    It couldn't be because the context would be vastly different now would it? But I agree, I don't think this incident is very newsworthy, either way. Also, who would be the hecklers if they were sore losers? Wouldn't they be sore winners?

    I do however find it hilarious that some believe the USA USA chant isn't racially charged and that the students did it because they were "proud to be American" that is just ridiculous, I don't know how many sporting events you all have been to, but I've never once seen anyone start chanting USA USA when both teams are based in America, that's just redundant. The fact of the matter is that you all are avoiding the context inherent in the situation and instead are crying great injustice, THE COACH of the team immediately afterwards hushed the crowd, now, I wonder why he would do that if it were truly patriotic and not in anyway a pestering chant, eh?
    This was a school sponsored activity, the team was not involved with shouting USA USA. It was some student spectators. The school representatives discouraged that behavior and hushed the crowd. The shouting of USA USA for whatever reason is hardly a blip on anyone s screen except the media's and those who wish to fortify the wall of hate and create further tension. All parties have a responsibility to rise above this situation and move on while never forgetting there are those whose hate is racially base, but, place this situation in perspective and heal.

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-13-12 @ 02:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by AClockworkGrape View Post
    It couldn't be because the context would be vastly different now would it? But I agree, I don't think this incident is very newsworthy, either way.
    It's not newsworthy apart from the fact that people are sick and tired of these politically correct **** (<<< things)

    Where can you draw the line .... when will enough be enough? No Christmas no USA chanting, no Flag no nothing? everything is an insult to somebody??

  3. #153
    Sage
    whysoserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Last Seen
    12-29-16 @ 03:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    8,170

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    It's not newsworthy apart from the fact that people are sick and tired of these politically correct **** (<<< things)

    Where can you draw the line .... when will enough be enough? No Christmas no USA chanting, no Flag no nothing? everything is an insult to somebody??
    No Christmas? When did that happen. I could have sown the tree in Rockafeller was lit this year.
    Ted Cruz is the dumbest person alive.

  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-13-12 @ 02:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    I am sick of PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    SICK!

  5. #155
    Global Moderator
    May the force be with you
    Serenity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,888

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    I'm Australian and i find this strange. Our chant here is Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, Oi, Oi, Oi.

    It's used all the time when our Country is playing another Country during sporting contests. When we are cheering against opposing teams in our Aussie Competitions we chant the teams names. All teams have their own chants.

    We're not cheering for Australia as the opponents are not non Australians. We're all Australians.
    Why do we fall?
    So we can learn to pick ourselves up.

  6. #156
    Advisor AClockworkGrape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Antonio, Texas.
    Last Seen
    01-12-14 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    307

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    It's not newsworthy apart from the fact that people are sick and tired of these politically correct **** (<<< things)

    Where can you draw the line .... when will enough be enough? No Christmas no USA chanting, no Flag no nothing? everything is an insult to somebody??
    Quote Originally Posted by Mya View Post
    I am sick of PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    SICK!
    Your posts are very coherent and are not nonsensical in the least.... ******* <<<< (Sarcasm)

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    10-13-12 @ 02:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,556

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by AClockworkGrape View Post
    Your posts are very coherent and are not nonsensical in the least.... ******* <<<< (Sarcasm)

    Cool then...

    Cheers

  8. #158
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,689

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by andrew View Post
    Perhaps they wanted all the Americans to chant USA. Instead their coach hushes them, and they get punished. It's a shame...
    You are just being obtuse because you know you have no answer to the question that supports your position. Shame you can't be honest about this.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #159
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,689

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    The students from the losing school were from the United States it appears. I would hear this a overt act of nationalism and nothing more. Perhaps the other school should not be sore losers and accept that if they are to be considered Americans they should not take every word stated at a basketball game as a racial slight.

    Point is if you consider yourself American then no one can tell you that you are not. Nonsense and oversensitivity.
    Point is that your point is irrelevant.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #160
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,689

    Re: Racist? Texas high school apologizes for fans' 'USA!' chant after basketball game

    Quote Originally Posted by Connery View Post
    This what occurred, some student members who were in the stands stated USA USA. They were reprimanded and the other team received an apology. It really is that simple.
    Actually, it isn't that simple. It's only that simple to those who choose to ignore why that might happen.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •