Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 43

Thread: Obama Will Speak at Commencement at Barnard College

  1. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Will Speak at Commencement at Barnard College

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Im not interested in your personal games. Im here to debate. As to the substance of your post, its obvious the democrats are pursuing a gender war, in addition to race and class wars. Since Obamas contraception mandate, and republicans oppostion to it, numerous democrat leaders have made speeches pitting men against women, and even women against 'old white men', combining race and gender.

    Like I said before I'm willing to back up my guesses. You aren't. You aren't here to debate you are just hear to slam Obama on anything and everything, nothing more. That isn't debate.

    Again, this isn't gender war no matter how many times you cry it is. What it is, however, is conservatives and GOP fanatics getting their asses handed to them.

    This whole thing is a non-issue with the college. The fact you are trying to drum up some rhetoric is not debate.

  2. #12
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: Obama Will Speak at Commencement at Barnard College

    Who cares.. Sweet Obama is speaking at a graduation cermony. Hell that would be pretty coo i guess


  3. #13
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: Obama Will Speak at Commencement at Barnard College

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Like I said before I'm willing to back up my guesses. You aren't. You aren't here to debate you are just hear to slam Obama on anything and everything, nothing more. That isn't debate.

    Again, this isn't gender war no matter how many times you cry it is. What it is, however, is conservatives and GOP fanatics getting their asses handed to them.

    This whole thing is a non-issue with the college. The fact you are trying to drum up some rhetoric is not debate.
    Why did you respond to this thread?

  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Will Speak at Commencement at Barnard College

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Why did you respond to this thread?
    To call out your absurdness. Which is what most have done in this thread as well.

  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: Obama Will Speak at Commencement at Barnard College

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    To call out your absurdness. Which is what most have done in this thread as well.
    Then I guess Ill just ignore you since you arent interested in the topic.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Will Speak at Commencement at Barnard College

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Then I guess Ill just ignore you since you arent interested in the topic.
    Fee free to. I'll continue to point out that there is no gender war by this. This is just a president that is speaking at a graduation.

    The absurdness is claiming it is anything else.

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Republic of Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,040

    Re: Obama Will Speak at Commencement at Barnard College

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Fee free to. I'll continue to point out that there is no gender war by this. This is just a president that is speaking at a graduation.

    The absurdness is claiming it is anything else.
    Well, i wont ignore you if you want to discuss the topic. However, if youre simply going to yell 'thats absured' rather than make a substantial response, then i have nothing to rebutt. Im just prohibited from responding to your personal attacks by the rules.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Will Speak at Commencement at Barnard College

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    Well, i wont ignore you if you want to discuss the topic. However, if youre simply going to yell 'thats absured' rather than make a substantial response, then i have nothing to rebutt. Im just prohibited from responding to your personal attacks by the rules.
    Saying your comments are absurd is not a personal attack, feel free to report it and you'll see for yourself.

    It's absurd to think a president is engaging in gender war simply because a college chose to bump a female speaker for the president.

    If I were the college, I'd bump just about anyone to have the president (any U.S. president, yes that means Bush whom I don't like) speak at the graduation.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Obama Will Speak at Commencement at Barnard College

    Quote Originally Posted by jonny5 View Post
    There is so many things wrong here. The president usurping a college graduation to make a political campaign speech. A man pushing a woman to the side. Shouldnt women be upset at this? Shouldnt voters be upset at the abuse of position?
    anything to bash Obama, huh?

  10. #20
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,173

    Re: Obama Will Speak at Commencement at Barnard College

    It's pretty common for a President to do one. Bush spoke at Furman University's commencement in 2008, while he was in office

    Bush Commencement Speech at Furman University Triggers Protest | Fox News

    Also at St, Vincent's College in 2007

    Critics keep quiet for Bush commencement speech - Los Angeles Times

    Yale, 2001

    Bush returns to Yale for commencement speech - CNN

    Those are just the easy ones, I'm sure there are others over the 8 years he was President. (I'm giving him a pass for West Point in '02, since that's military). I would think that anything a sitting President has to say is pretty much political. If it isn't intended as such, it becomes such quickly. Heck, people tried to make news out of the fact that Bush 41 didn't care for broccoli. ('I'm President,' So No More Broccoli! - NYTimes.com).


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •