Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 46

Thread: Bonus Withdrawal Puts Bankers in "Malaise"

  1. #31
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,153

    Re: Bonus Withdrawal Puts Bankers in "Malaise"

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    What troubles?
    he will have to fly coach when he travels to kent for his summer vacation
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  2. #32
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: Bonus Withdrawal Puts Bankers in "Malaise"

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    What troubles?
    It's all relative. What "troubles" do American poor people have versus those in Afghanistan or Sudan? Most "poor" people here have three squares, a flat screen, and DirecTV.

  3. #33
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Bonus Withdrawal Puts Bankers in "Malaise"

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Looks like bonuses are down at Wall Street and some of the 1 percenters are having a rough go at it. Food Stamps anyone?

    "Andrew Schiff was sitting in a traffic jam in California this month after giving a speech at an investment conference about gold. He turned off the satellite radio, got out of the car and screamed a profanity.

    "I'm not Zen at all, and when I'm freaking out about the situation, where I'm stuck like a rat in a trap on a highway with no way to get out, it's very hard," Schiff, director of marketing for broker-dealer Euro Pacific Capital Inc., said in an interview.

    Schiff, 46, is facing another kind of jam this year: Paid a lower bonus, he said the $350,000 he earns, enough to put him in the country's top 1 percent by income, doesn't cover his family's private-school tuition, a Kent, Connecticut, summer rental and the upgrade they would like from their 1,200-square- foot Brooklyn duplex.
    [...]"
    Bonus Withdrawal Puts Bankers in "Malaise" - Yahoo! Finance
    lol....yeah, i read this yesterday, makes 350,000 and is struggling to make ends meet...awwwww poor forkin' baby, isnt life a beyatch? not much sympathy here for him.

  4. #34
    Guru
    Republic Now!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    09-12-14 @ 11:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    2,671

    Re: Bonus Withdrawal Puts Bankers in "Malaise"

    Just out of curiosity, at what exact income do you then have the opportunity to become "underemployed?"

  5. #35
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:18 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    10,347

    Re: Bonus Withdrawal Puts Bankers in "Malaise"

    Quote Originally Posted by Republic Now! View Post
    Just out of curiosity, at what exact income do you then have the opportunity to become "underemployed?"
    I think the number is about 10 bucks under your opportunity to become overexpensed.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Bonus Withdrawal Puts Bankers in "Malaise"

    Quote Originally Posted by pbrauer View Post
    Looks like bonuses are down at Wall Street and some of the 1 percenters are having a rough go at it. Food Stamps anyone?

    "Andrew Schiff was sitting in a traffic jam in California this month after giving a speech at an investment conference about gold. He turned off the satellite radio, got out of the car and screamed a profanity.

    "I'm not Zen at all, and when I'm freaking out about the situation, where I'm stuck like a rat in a trap on a highway with no way to get out, it's very hard," Schiff, director of marketing for broker-dealer Euro Pacific Capital Inc., said in an interview.

    Schiff, 46, is facing another kind of jam this year: Paid a lower bonus, he said the $350,000 he earns, enough to put him in the country's top 1 percent by income, doesn't cover his family's private-school tuition, a Kent, Connecticut, summer rental and the upgrade they would like from their 1,200-square- foot Brooklyn duplex.
    [...]"
    Bonus Withdrawal Puts Bankers in "Malaise" - Yahoo! Finance
    Wasn't the common excuse for poor people losing their homes and such something like "they shouldn't have overextended themselves". Well, I guess he shouldn't have overextended himself.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #37
    Global Moderator
    Moderator
    Helix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    37,114

    Re: Bonus Withdrawal Puts Bankers in "Malaise"

    that story read like something from the onion.

    i worked a contract job at a place where people were paid very, very well. they were good people, but there was a real disconnect. someone who felt trapped in a position once asked me, "if i don't get promoted, what's the motivation?" i had just spent 9 months unemployed and was giving it everything i had to even have a sliver of a chance of not getting fired at the end of my contract. i politely explained the current job market and told the person to hang in there and hope for the best.

    the really mind-boggling part was when workers found out there would be no raises that year. overnight, obvious Republicans started talking like union organizers from the early 20th century. "they're taking food out of my kid's mouths" was one that i heard more than once.

    anecdotal evidence aside, i do somewhat understand the frustration. one's expenses tend to grow with an influx of money, and it's hard for anyone to take a significant pay cut. however, i took a big one when i left that job; a little less than half of my overall salary, and i couldn't afford it. however, count me very, very grateful to still have a job in my field. i like my job, and i give this one everything i have just like i did for almost twice the pay.

    i don't pretend to be perfect; far from it. but i wash my own dishes in the sink, too, and i'm pretty happy to have water and soap to do it with.
    Last edited by Helix; 03-01-12 at 02:10 PM.

  8. #38
    Pontificator
    iliveonramen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    On a Gravy Train with Biscuit Wheels
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    9,207

    Re: Bonus Withdrawal Puts Bankers in "Malaise"

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    No, it's just sad that the enjoyment found by some in life comes from chuckling at these folks' troubles.
    Those aren't troubles....if anything it's a growing experience...maybe he'll get some perspective on things.
    “Capitalism is the astounding belief that the most wickedest of men will do the most wickedest of things for the greatest good of everyone.” John Maynard Keynes

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Bonus Withdrawal Puts Bankers in "Malaise"

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    It's all relative. What "troubles" do American poor people have versus those in Afghanistan or Sudan? Most "poor" people here have three squares, a flat screen, and DirecTV.
    And I'm supposed to feel sorry for this guy over them?

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Bonus Withdrawal Puts Bankers in "Malaise"

    It happens. Many people have had to cut back. New GM employee's aren't making what the old ones did (yet). Bankers shouldn't be exempt.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •