Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 160

Thread: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

  1. #1
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:43 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,763

    Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    (Reuters) - Wisconsin Governor Scott Walker will not challenge any of the more than one million signatures gathered by opponents to force a vote to recall the Republican, saying that his campaign did not have enough time to review them.
    The recall election is now inevitable, and it will happen as soon as May 29. This election could go either way, and I am predicting that Walker will survive - barely. However, he will be powerless to foist any more of his extremist agenda onto the people of Wisconsin, as at least one of 4 Senate seats up for grabs will be lost, thus flipping the Senate. And Walker will have more problems ahead, as his advisers and cronies go on trial for theft, election fraud, and even exposing genitals in front of a child.

    No matter how Walker's recall election turns out, his extremist dynasty is toast on a stick.

    Article is here.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #2
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Well deserved. I hope he gets the boot.

  3. #3
    Sage


    MaggieD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chicago Area
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    43,243
    Blog Entries
    43

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    The recall election is now inevitable, and it will happen as soon as May 29. This election could go either way, and I am predicting that Walker will survive - barely. However, he will be powerless to foist any more of his extremist agenda onto the people of Wisconsin, as at least one of 4 Senate seats up for grabs will be lost, thus flipping the Senate. And Walker will have more problems ahead, as his advisers and cronies go on trial for theft, election fraud, and even exposing genitals in front of a child.

    No matter how Walker's recall election turns out, his extremist dynasty is toast on a stick.

    Article is here.
    Yep, the message has been sent loud and clear.

    I think he's going to lose, however.
    The devil whispered in my ear, "You cannot withstand the storm." I whispered back, "I am ​the storm."

  4. #4
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    What was the states economic outlook before he was elected? How is it looking now?

  5. #5
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    The recall election is now inevitable, and it will happen as soon as May 29. This election could go either way, and I am predicting that Walker will survive - barely. However, he will be powerless to foist any more of his extremist agenda onto the people of Wisconsin, as at least one of 4 Senate seats up for grabs will be lost, thus flipping the Senate. And Walker will have more problems ahead, as his advisers and cronies go on trial for theft, election fraud, and even exposing genitals in front of a child.

    No matter how Walker's recall election turns out, his extremist dynasty is toast on a stick.

    Article is here.
    i think he'll lose/ anecdotal, but i lived in WI and just about everyone i know thinks he's a crook. there is still a strong union presence in WI who will work to get out the vote.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  6. #6
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,281

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    I can understand why state employee unions would want him out. He threatens to lessen their ability to feed off the taxpayers. Not sure why the average Wisconsin taxpayer would want him out, though. Not sure why what is did is 'extremist' either.

  7. #7
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    I can understand why state employee unions would want him out. He threatens to lessen their ability to feed off the taxpayers. Not sure why the average Wisconsin taxpayer would want him out, though. Not sure why what is did is 'extremist' either.
    i'm not sure why you think going to work each day and doing your job is feeding off the taxpayers. those people are taxpayers too, you know.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  8. #8
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    I won't get into the will he win or lose argument. However, it would appear to be a good strategy to not challenge the signatures and ensure the election occurs as soon as possible. He has so much money in his coffers and everyone already knows him and has their mind made up about him. No reason to give his opponents any extra time to fundraise and get their name recognition up to a reasonable level.

  9. #9
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i'm not sure why you think going to work each day and doing your job is feeding off the taxpayers. those people are taxpayers too, you know.
    I think it has to do with the over-compensation present in public sector unions. Especially for jobs that require less education/skills.

  10. #10
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,715

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    I think it has to do with the over-compensation present in public sector unions. Especially for jobs that require less education/skills.
    Ive seen the steady diarrhea of anti-Walker hatred...still have never seen too many people talk about what the economic outlook of the state was and now is. Damn near everyone
    that posts against him is a mindless union supporter that doesnt give a **** about who has to pay for what, as long as their precious and beloved union keeps raping the 'taxpayers'. Id really love to see an analysis of the state...before and after and see some real and actual intelligent discussion on the man, his agenda, etc. If his policies have created a fiscal nightmare in the state, then by all means, the citizens should oust him for someone else. But again...where were they BEFORE his actions and what is their current fiscal outlook?

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •