Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 160

Thread: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

  1. #61
    Advisor Hikertrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    09-26-17 @ 09:35 PM
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    352

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    You have grandkids? You thrilled with pushing of continued mountains of debt and decades of irresponsible government off on them? Me...Im not...that is about the most repugnant and repulsive thing I can imagine.
    Ummm you think the next generation should get off scott free without paying a share of the burden? You don't have to push the entire debt on your grandkids, accept a tax raise now. Or at least lend favor to tax raise on the rich who can easily afford it.

  2. #62
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Ahhh the hypocrisy of the US right...

    US right.. we are here to defend your liberties against the state!

    US right.. unless you are in a union then we will remove your right to freely associate, and a bunch of other rights everyone else has and should have, but you cant have because you are part of a union.

    US right = hypocrites
    PeteEU

  3. #63
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,270

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Ahhh the hypocrisy of the US right...

    US right.. we are here to defend your liberties against the state!

    US right.. unless you are in a union then we will remove your right to freely associate, and a bunch of other rights everyone else has and should have, but you cant have because you are part of a union.

    US right = hypocrites
    Except no one is limiting anyones right to associate.

  4. #64
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Except no one is limiting anyones right to associate.
    Oh no? So saying that you are not allowed to be employed by the state if you are in a union is not removing ones right to associate? Or that you will get fired if you are in a union? You have a very strange way of viewing things...
    PeteEU

  5. #65
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,270

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Oh no? So saying that you are not allowed to be employed by the state if you are in a union is not removing ones right to associate? Or that you will get fired if you are in a union? You have a very strange way of viewing things...
    Are you saying there is no public employee unions in Wisconsin now?

  6. #66
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    I'm on the Illinois side, and I'm with you. I like shopping and doing a lot of entertainment in WI, but they have the tollway crapping things up. If you just exit right before the toll and hop on right after the toll, you can easily get around it with out adding hardly any time. I've begun doing that.
    I know the route. It will add some time though. I used to live in Gurnee when I was was pushin' boots at Great Lakes in N. Chicago/Waukegan.

    I mean, you got a good head o' steam and you're cruising 70 plus, with just a couple of miles to go before the smooth roads kick in across the border and.... STOP!!!.... Pay the toll! A 1.75 (or more?) just to drive the last mile. That pisses me off so bad. I make all attempts to avoid Chicago everytime the oppertunity presents itself.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  7. #67
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,684

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikertrash View Post
    Ummm you think the next generation should get off scott free without paying a share of the burden? You don't have to push the entire debt on your grandkids, accept a tax raise now. Or at least lend favor to tax raise on the rich who can easily afford it.
    You think the next and future generations should be saddled with OUR debt? Sure...I'll accept a tax increase...have always said so...along with MASSIVE cuts to the government and that 49% of the crippled dependent pets in this country finally step up and pay at least THEIR fair share and stop continually leeching off society. You bet. See...now we are making progress!

  8. #68
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Larry Craig certainly believes that cocksucking is not profane.

    Yep, so does Barney Frank....For a price....ahem.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #69
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    Oh no? So saying that you are not allowed to be employed by the state if you are in a union is not removing ones right to associate? Or that you will get fired if you are in a union? You have a very strange way of viewing things...
    No one give a good God damn who the hell you associate with, it is about the collective bargaining that is bankrupting the states, and when shown such the members refuse to give up ANY substantive concessions that could save that from happening. IT is about the corruption that liberal politicians pander to with unions for their vote, then answer to them once they are in office. IT is about corruption period.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #70
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Gina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    31,918

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    No one give a good God damn who the hell you associate with, it is about the collective bargaining that is bankrupting the states, and when shown such the members refuse to give up ANY substantive concessions that could save that from happening. IT is about the corruption that liberal politicians pander to with unions for their vote, then answer to them once they are in office. IT is about corruption period.

    j-mac
    Top leaders of two of Wisconsin's largest public employee unions announced they are willing to accept the financial concessions called for in Walker's plan, but will not accept the loss of collective bargaining rights.
    Read more: Opposing sides meet as Capitol protests enter sixth day

    Seems they were willing to concede to Walker, just not disband the union.
    I don't attack my constituents. Bob is my constituent now.
    This is the important stuff. We canít get lost in discrimination. We canít get lost in B.S. We canít get lost tearing each other down. I want to make a point here that no matter what you look like, where you come from, how you worship, who you love, how you identify, and yeah, how you run, that if you have good public policy ideas, if you are well qualified for office, bring those ideas to the table, because this is your America, too. This is our commonwealth of Virginia, too.
    Danica Roem - The nation's first openly transgender person elected to serve in a U.S. state legislature.

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •