Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 160

Thread: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

  1. #11
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    I think it has to do with the over-compensation present in public sector unions. Especially for jobs that require less education/skills.
    like what jobs?

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  2. #12
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Ive seen the steady diarrhea of anti-Walker hatred...still have never seen too many people talk about what the economic outlook of the state was and now is. Damn near everyone
    that posts against him is a mindless union supporter that doesnt give a **** about who has to pay for what, as long as their precious and beloved union keeps raping the 'taxpayers'. Id really love to see an analysis of the state...before and after and see some real and actual intelligent discussion on the man, his agenda, etc. If his policies have created a fiscal nightmare in the state, then by all means, the citizens should oust him for someone else. But again...where were they BEFORE his actions and what is their current fiscal outlook?
    current outlook is grim:

    States Continue to Feel Recession

    additionally, stripping state workers of their collective bargaining rights doesn't affect the budget shortfall, either. you like walker becasue he is a union buster. i abhor him because he is a union buster. and a koch syncophant.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  3. #13
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,680

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    current outlook is grim:

    States Continue to Feel Recession

    additionally, stripping state workers of their collective bargaining rights doesn't affect the budget shortfall, either. you like walker becasue he is a union buster. I abhor him because he is a union buster. and a koch syncophant.
    I dont like OR dislike the guy. I dont have a dog in the fight. I abhor irresponsible government and am smart enough to recognize that in EVERY state and with the fed there HAS to be some changes and I'm also smart enough to realize blind defense of unions is idiotic and a part of the problem. You have grandkids? You thrilled with pushing of continued mountains of debt and decades of irresponsible government off on them? Me...Im not...that is about the most repugnant and repulsive thing I can imagine.

  4. #14
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I dont like OR dislike the guy. I dont have a dog in the fight. I abhor irresponsible government and am smart enough to recognize that in EVERY state and with the fed there HAS to be some changes and I'm also smart enough to realize blind defense of unions is idiotic and a part of the problem. You have grandkids? You thrilled with pushing of continued mountains of debt and decades of irresponsible government off on them? Me...Im not...that is about the most repugnant and repulsive thing I can imagine.
    i think our debt is a huge problem, and i have no issue with making cuts pretty much across the board. that sure doesn't mean abolishing unions. i have never blindly defended unions, and the fact is, without unions, non union workers would not enjoy the wages and benefits and safety precautions they do today. walker is nothing but a union buster, as i posted, and a koch suck up. he's not been good for wisconsin, which is a working man's state. he wouldn't be in this position if he hadn't insisted on taking away collective bargaining rights.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  5. #15
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    like what jobs?
    Pretty much all PS union jobs are over compensated (pay and benefits). The discrepancy is even higher in non-skilled positions (such as janitors).

  6. #16
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,680

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    current outlook is grim:

    States Continue to Feel Recession

    additionally, stripping state workers of their collective bargaining rights doesn't affect the budget shortfall, either. you like walker becasue he is a union buster. i abhor him because he is a union buster. and a koch syncophant.
    So that was quite the crap sandwich Walker was presented when he was elected. Wow. And with the cuts they are STILL facing those budget deficits? SOMETHING has to change.

  7. #17
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:49 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,840

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Ive seen the steady diarrhea of anti-Walker hatred...still have never seen too many people talk about what the economic outlook of the state was and now is. Damn near everyone
    that posts against him is a mindless union supporter that doesnt give a **** about who has to pay for what, as long as their precious and beloved union keeps raping the 'taxpayers'. Id really love to see an analysis of the state...before and after and see some real and actual intelligent discussion on the man, his agenda, etc. If his policies have created a fiscal nightmare in the state, then by all means, the citizens should oust him for someone else. But again...where were they BEFORE his actions and what is their current fiscal outlook?
    If you get that analysis, please make sure it accounts for the national uptick in the last year due to forces that Walker had nothing at all to do with.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #18
    pirate lover
    liblady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    St Thomas, VI
    Last Seen
    03-14-16 @ 03:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    16,165
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    So that was quite the crap sandwich Walker was presented when he was elected. Wow. And with the cuts they are STILL facing those budget deficits? SOMETHING has to change.
    i am not arguing THAT point. perhaps instead of trying to bust the unions he should focus on the fiscal issues. remember, the union accepted the cuts he proposed.

    Originally Posted by johnny_rebson:

    These are the same liberals who forgot how Iraq attacked us on 9/11.


  9. #19
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,680

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i think our debt is a huge problem, and i have no issue with making cuts pretty much across the board. that sure doesn't mean abolishing unions. i have never blindly defended unions, and the fact is, without unions, non union workers would not enjoy the wages and benefits and safety precautions they do today. walker is nothing but a union buster, as i posted, and a koch suck up. he's not been good for wisconsin, which is a working man's state. he wouldn't be in this position if he hadn't insisted on taking away collective bargaining rights.
    As soon as you go all Koch sucker...it just kinda destroys your argument. If people have a BETTER idea on how to get control of that situation...maybe THATS what they should be presenting. Across the board, the states have union contracts they simply cant afford. Wisconsin was a runaway train bound for a solid wall. There was probably a REASON he was elected in the first place. If the previous admins had been doing their job then there wouldnt be a NEED for drastic steps.

  10. #20
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    9,812

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by liblady View Post
    i am not arguing THAT point. perhaps instead of trying to bust the unions he should focus on the fiscal issues. remember, the union accepted the cuts he proposed.
    No they didn't. They only paid lip service to accepting them. However, when push came to shove, they still refused to contribute to pensions and health care.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •