Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 160

Thread: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

  1. #131
    Sage
    jet57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    not here
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:52 AM
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    24,681

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by Hicup View Post
    Do you have any ideas? Why in the world anyone, rational democrat included, would be for the corruptable system of unions and politicians that we have now is beyond me? That goes for any conservative that is for the same cozy relationship between big business and politicians. It's the corruption that Occupiers and Tea Partiers are actually in agreement about, and politicians, and big business would rue the day when Occupiers and TP'ers could put away their political differences to fight the good fight on this one single issue.


    Tim-


    Hi Tim; I’ve been away: sorry.

    Yes, ideas . . . I like to refer to reasonable conservative ideas in the way of, say American life 1955. Who can argue? This of course does not include advancements in civil rights, medicine etc. What I mean is, decent prices against decent wages; plentiful employment; the strongest trade employment in the country’s history, the highest education standard in the world; plenty of employment for the young: paper routes, gas stations etc etc. The US as the most respected country and society in the world; from strength and benevolent foreign policies.

    Social issues as I say are not included in that scenario; only availability and economic realities for working people; one or two income households.

    As for the ‘corruptible system of unions and politicians’; I think you’re being a bit unfair to the country: everything is corrupt from one degree to another. Companies are corrupt, banks are corrupt, churches are corrupt, and the list goes on. The degree of corruptness in any system is directly related to the ambitions of that system’s leadership and their relationship to the leaders of other systems: this is how we get things like war and economic national disasters.

    What we’ve been finding out around the world (again) is; what happens when said corrupt leaders are allowed to pursue their narcissistic ambitions unchecked without any social counter weights to keep the balance: the United States of America was founded on such a principle. World War I put an end to the unchecked ambitions of empire dating back to the foundations of civilization. Human history is replete with documented examples of such ambitions and the disasters that resulted up to and beyond the Roam Empire . . . The markets -- are corrupt and led by ambitious people who lead in those markets; and this is what you get.

    So, it’s not “corruptness perse” that we’re dealing with; what we’re dealing with is a lazy social system that has too many toys . . .

    j
    Last edited by jet57; 03-03-12 at 09:01 PM.
    “The people do no want virtue; but they are the dupes of pretended patriots” : Elbridge Gerry of Mass; Constitutional Convention 1787

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Last Seen
    07-17-12 @ 08:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    439

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Given that it was the Republicans who recalled a California Democratic governor and replaced him with Arnold Schwarzenegger, they really have nobody to blame but themselves!

    If you want to play political "hardball," eventually your opponents will return the favor.

  3. #133
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by jgarden47 View Post
    Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Given that it was the Republicans who recalled a California Democratic governor and replaced him with Arnold Schwarzenegger, they really have nobody to blame but themselves!

    If you want to play political "hardball," eventually your opponents will return the favor.

    So, if I have your statement right here, no one should ever challenge their elected officials in our country for fear of reprisal? Is that how America is supposed to work? Or is that you are saying that a demo should never be questioned or demo's will get a republican somewhere else in the country?

    What a load of crap.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #134
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,082

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    excellent, all in all. here's hoping that the DNC and Obama administration spends all of 2012 fighting the Recall Walker Effort over the same pool of donors.

  5. #135
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,140

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    So, if I have your statement right here, no one should ever challenge their elected officials in our country for fear of reprisal? Is that how America is supposed to work? Or is that you are saying that a demo should never be questioned or demo's will get a republican somewhere else in the country?

    What a load of crap.

    j-mac
    I think the point is that karma's a bitch. If recalling a Democrat is reasonable, then recalling a Republican is too.

    Not that I expect you to admit that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  6. #136
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by rocket88 View Post
    I think the point is that karma's a bitch. If recalling a Democrat is reasonable, then recalling a Republican is too.

    Not that I expect you to admit that.

    Oh, careful there rocky...I don't think ANY politician has a lock on their office if they do something that they were not elected to do, and it causes damage. Walker didn't do that, his recall is pure political spite, and anger from those that 1. didn't vote for him to begin with, and 2. Wouldn't work with him in any situation, and lie, cheat, and steal to get him out.

    But no, if a repub did something to warrant a recall, then by all means.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #137
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,657

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh, careful there rocky...I don't think ANY politician has a lock on their office if they do something that they were not elected to do, and it causes damage. Walker didn't do that, his recall is pure political spite, and anger from those that 1. didn't vote for him to begin with, and 2. Wouldn't work with him in any situation, and lie, cheat, and steal to get him out.

    But no, if a repub did something to warrant a recall, then by all means.

    j-mac
    Walker ****ed Wisconsites. He is a weasel. Plain and simple. He is a **** governor, besides that.

    We will vote to recall him. Don't mess with Wisconsin.

    There will either enough votes to run him out on a rail or there will not be enough votes. Let's see how democracy works.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  8. #138
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Walker ****ed Wisconsites. He is a weasel. Plain and simple. He is a **** governor, besides that.

    OH, I know.....he did what he campaigned on, and pissed off alot of spoiled teachers that feel they are entitled to everything on the taxpayer dime....Be honest Cap, you never voted for him in the first damn place did you?

    We will vote to recall him.
    Ok, congratulations.

    Don't mess with Wisconsin.
    Oh give me a break...

    There will either enough votes to run him out on a rail or there will not be enough votes. Let's see how democracy works.
    Never let it be said that you are not a master of the obvious brother.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #139
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,657

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    I knew things about Scott Walker years before he ran for governor. I already had a pretty good idea what kind of weasel he was long before he became governor. He shat on some of our finest police officers for his political gain when he was in charge of the county I live in. I have a soft spot in my heart for police officers, fire fighters and teachers. Walker represents exactly what big government looks like when in the pockets of special interests. We want our governor's special interest to be us.

    I wasn't stupid enough to vote for him in the first place. But, the one's that were had no clue what he had in store for them.

    Walker's gotta go.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  10. #140
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I knew things about Scott Walker years before he ran for governor. I already had a pretty good idea what kind of weasel he was long before he became governor. He shat on some of our finest police officers for his political gain when he was in charge of the county I live in. I have a soft spot in my heart for police officers, fire fighters and teachers. Walker represents exactly what big government looks like when in the pockets of special interests. We want our governor's special interest to be us.

    I wasn't stupid enough to vote for him in the first place. But, the one's that were had no clue what he had in store for them.

    Walker's gotta go.

    Well imagine my utter shock in hearing someone who didn't, wouldn't vote for someone, wants him out of office....Stunning really. But you mention 'special interests' Who might they be?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •