Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 160

Thread: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

  1. #111
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by buck View Post
    Yes, that is certainly a pretty big benefit, and I alluded to it earlier. Job security is part of the compensation. Being able to retire with defined benefit pension and retiree health insurance in your 50s (rather then 60's in private sector) is also part of the compensation.
    Not all government pensions depend on continued support from the government. Our local pension is a managed investment of some type. The City and it's employees pay into it during employment (only) but the pension is it's own entity, it's not City owned or supported except for those contributions. If the contributions stopped tomorrow the retirees would never know it. The pension fund did very well in the 90's and last I checked was running a pretty good excess. So don't act like its some huge drain on the government, it's not. At least, not in all cases. IIRC, the county pensions around here work the same way - don't know about the State.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  2. #112
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by cpgrad08 View Post
    Doesn't bother me. Im military (which I get out in a few months) so Im not union. If someone wants to work for thr government let them. Im just saying they shouldn't be unionize. Unionize work sectors always cost more which in,this cast increases the burden on the taxpayer like ur self.
    That's not always true. Some businesses actually care about their employees and pay them a reasonable wage. They tend to have a longer view than the short-sighted idiots looking for a dime today instead of a dollar tomorrow.

    UAW And Why Honda And Toyota Workers Are Not Interested - Automotive News

    Worse, conditions are better in transplants in some areas. An example of a happy plant of workers is in the Toyota plant in Georgetown, Kentucky. The workers are now being paid more and getting better bonuses than UAW workers average at domestic plants.
    As for unionized government workers, we have bargaining units here but it's illegal for any government worker to strike. The unions are there mostly to work out the contracts and represent workers at grievances. Most government here prefer them because the union takes up a lot of the admin slack involved in government. Of course, we have a nasty history of government corruption here (even if it was more than 70 years ago) so we watch the government like a hawk. And, no, the union doesn't side with the lazy SOB who gets caught sleeping on the job. Everything is spelled out, just like the UCMJ, so there are no surprises on either side.
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 03-02-12 at 02:50 PM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  3. #113
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10
    Originally Posted by cpgrad08
    Doesn't bother me. Im military (which I get out in a few months) so Im not union. If someone wants to work for thr government let them. Im just saying they shouldn't be unionize. Unionize work sectors always cost more which in,this cast increases the burden on the taxpayer like ur self.
    That's not always true. Some businesses actually care about their employees and pay them a reasonable wage. They tend to have a longer view than the short-sighted idiots looking for a dime today instead of a dollar tomorrow.

    UAW And Why Honda And Toyota Workers Are Not Interested - Automotive News

    Worse, conditions are better in transplants in some areas. An example of a happy plant of workers is in the Toyota plant in Georgetown, Kentucky. The workers are now being paid more and getting better bonuses than UAW workers average at domestic plants.
    Were not talking abouy a bussiness here were it was to make aprofit to live, but a government that can take more money from you to cover there wasteful spending.

    Cpl USMC MILITARY POLICE K-9 Unit. VIA taptalk.

  4. #114
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    That's not always true. Some businesses actually care about their employees and pay them a reasonable wage. They tend to have a longer view than the short-sighted idiots looking for a dime today instead of a dollar tomorrow.

    UAW And Why Honda And Toyota Workers Are Not Interested - Automotive News

    As for unionized government workers, we have bargaining units here but it's illegal for any government worker to strike. The unions are there mostly to work out the contracts and represent workers at grievances. Most government here prefer them because the union takes up a lot of the admin slack involved in government. Of course, we have a nasty history of government corruption here (even if it was more than 70 years ago) so we watch the government like a hawk. And, no, the union doesn't side with the lazy SOB who gets caught sleeping on the job. Everything is spelled out, just like the UCMJ, so there are no surprises on either side.
    Could fooled me. Many lazy employees that keep there job cause of the union.
    Civillians rules are nothing like the UCMJ.


    Cpl USMC MILITARY POLICE K-9 Unit. VIA taptalk.

  5. #115
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by cpgrad08 View Post
    Were not talking abouy a bussiness here were it was to make aprofit to live, but a government that can take more money from you to cover there wasteful spending.
    Wasteful spending my butt. Around here if they're wasting money we scream - and they listen or they're out. It's too bad so many people feel like the have no power. What the hell, do you guys all put salt peter in your drinking water or something?
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  6. #116
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by MoSurveyor View Post
    Wasteful spending my butt. Around here if they're wasting money we scream - and they listen or they're out. It's too bad so many people feel like the have no power. What the hell, do you guys all put salt peter in your drinking water or something?
    Never said the people didn't have any power.

    Cpl USMC MILITARY POLICE K-9 Unit. VIA taptalk.

  7. #117
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by cpgrad08 View Post
    Could fooled me. Many lazy employees that keep there job cause of the union.
    Civillians rules are nothing like the UCMJ.


    Cpl USMC MILITARY POLICE K-9 Unit. VIA taptalk.
    That's true. Most civilians don't get pensions and lifetime medical care like folks who retire from the Marines.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  8. #118
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    That's true. Most civilians don't get pensions and lifetime medical care like folks who retire from the Marines.
    Penisons dont exist anymore for us younger in the military. If I did 20 years I would get a 401k that I would have to pay into. still I have to pay into tricare to use it.

    Cpl USMC MILITARY POLICE K-9 Unit. VIA taptalk.

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Wisconsin governor won't challenge recall signatures

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    That's true. Most civilians don't get pensions and lifetime medical care like folks who retire from the Marines.
    And a college education (GI Bill)...

    Bunch of freeloaders...

  10. #120
    American
    cpgrad08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lakewood,WA
    Last Seen
    10-18-17 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    5,388
    Blog Entries
    10
    Nope got,to pay into the gi bill. Its not automatic thing u get. If you dont sign up for itat boot camp and dont pay in it u dont get it

    Cpl USMC MILITARY POLICE K-9 Unit. VIA taptalk.
    Last edited by cpgrad08; 03-02-12 at 03:41 PM.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •