Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 208

Thread: Another School Shooting

  1. #161
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Another School Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    And, they typically attack people that they know are unarmed.
    yes, and I assume a shooter at a kindergarten, like at that Jewish school in Los Angeles a few years ago, would also shoot at those toddlers whom he thought were unarmed.

    your point?

  2. #162
    Sage
    Kreton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Colorado Springs
    Last Seen
    11-13-17 @ 08:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,118

    Re: Another School Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post

    Bonus Conclusion: Armed people are probably less likely to be victims.
    Armed people are probably more likely to be the ones committing the crime to. Guns dont just give people a way to defend themselves, they give criminals a means to turn people into victims.

  3. #163
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Another School Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Armed people are probably more likely to be the ones committing the crime to. Guns dont just give people a way to defend themselves, they give criminals a means to turn people into victims.
    There is so much incorrect here that I just don't even care to respond further. All I'm going to say is find real articles written about the subject and not propaganda pieces and you will realize that this is upper level wrong.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  4. #164
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,190

    Re: Another School Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    they are also more likely to commit school massacres.


    Inaccurate. Lawfully armed citizens (CCWs) commit less crime than the general population.

    Long-proven statistical fact.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  5. #165
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:42 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,190

    Re: Another School Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Armed people are probably more likely to be the ones committing the crime to. Guns dont just give people a way to defend themselves, they give criminals a means to turn people into victims.

    Criminals already have guns, and don't obey gun laws. Duh?

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  6. #166
    Civil Libertarian
    DashingAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    08-31-17 @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,357

    Re: Another School Shooting

    Death Penalty anyone?
    If you strike me down, I'll become more powerful than you could possibly imagine.

  7. #167
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:56 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,809

    Re: Another School Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by muciti View Post
    Armed people are probably more likely to be the ones committing the crime to. Guns dont just give people a way to defend themselves, they give criminals a means to turn people into victims.

    Pure idiocy

    I guess that's why cops should all turn in their weapons

  8. #168
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Another School Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    Pure idiocy

    I guess that's why cops should all turn in their weapons
    I would say the little ol' lady in Texas who shot a burgler in his ass with a .357 back a few years ago would beg to differ. I mean, geez it's not like the strapping young lad was a threat to the nice elderly lady and her young teen granddaughter or anything!{sarcasm}
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #169
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Another School Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post


    Saddly he was right because if we listened to Archie, 911 could have been avoided.
    Thank you for the old All In the Family clips. It was the best show on TV and I remember it well.........May Carroll Oconner rest in peace.
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #170
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    48,013

    Re: Another School Shooting

    Quote Originally Posted by Pinkie View Post
    This NEVER happened until Columbine. Now it's like a virus, spreading everywhere.
    School Shootings in the US from 1700 onwards

    It didn't start with Columbine. What Columbine represents was the first significant one in a predominantly affluent white middle class area with enough "salacious" threads (Doom, Marilyn Manson, etc) during a point where the 24 hour news cycle and the internet was just beginning to get its initial foothold.

Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •