Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 60

Thread: Bolling breaks tie as Senate passes voter ID bill

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Bolling breaks tie as Senate passes voter ID bill

    Quote Originally Posted by SypherAL View Post
    What am I stating that is lacking your "trust"?
    And no, a free state issued ID does not mean you can obtain it for free, documentation must be presented before hand which can run hundreds of dollars, trust me, i've been there before.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Last Seen
    04-15-12 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    374

    Re: Bolling breaks tie as Senate passes voter ID bill

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Whatcha' wanna bet that anyone who can provide any of that...has a photo ID and can definitely afford to get one?
    I would bet nothing because you are probably right, however, I just wanted to prove you don't need a photo I.D. in every state to register to vote.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Last Seen
    04-15-12 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    374

    Re: Bolling breaks tie as Senate passes voter ID bill

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    And no, a free state issued ID does not mean you can obtain it for free, documentation must be presented before hand which can run hundreds of dollars, trust me, i've been there before.
    GOP legislation usually will get voter I.D. bills through by claiming free state issued ID would be included with the bill, however, you must provide a birth certificate, have a valid checking account, a recent paycheck stub, the list goes on and on. So it ends up being that not only do you need a photo ID to vote, you also need a checking account with money inside and purchase all the proper identification needed to obtain your "free" state issued ID. Many citizens lack a birth certificate, job, and especially a checking account.
    Last edited by SypherAL; 02-27-12 at 09:38 PM.

  4. #44
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,418

    Re: Bolling breaks tie as Senate passes voter ID bill

    Quote Originally Posted by SypherAL View Post
    I would bet nothing because you are probably right, however, I just wanted to prove you don't need a photo I.D. in every state to register to vote.
    Technically, you're wrong, because at some point in the process you described, that person had to produce a photo ID.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #45
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,418

    Re: Bolling breaks tie as Senate passes voter ID bill

    Quote Originally Posted by SypherAL View Post
    GOP legislation usually will get voter I.D. bills through by claiming free state issued ID would be included with the bill, however, you must provide a birth certificate, have a valid checking account, a recent paycheck stub, the list goes on and on. So it ends up being that not only do you need a photo ID to vote, you also need a checking account with money inside and purchase all the proper identification needed to obtain your "free" state issued ID.
    But, you just posted a quote from an unknown source that allows a person to register with a bank statement, check stub, untility bill, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Last Seen
    03-16-12 @ 11:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,624

    Re: Bolling breaks tie as Senate passes voter ID bill

    Quote Originally Posted by SypherAL View Post
    GOP legislation usually will get voter I.D. bills through by claiming free state issued ID would be included with the bill, however, you must provide a birth certificate, have a valid checking account, a recent paycheck stub, the list goes on and on.
    Link?

    So it ends up being that not only do you need a photo ID to vote, you also need a checking account with money inside and purchase all the proper identification needed to obtain your "free" state issued ID.
    This is never the case anywhere.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Last Seen
    04-15-12 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    374

    Re: Bolling breaks tie as Senate passes voter ID bill

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But, you just posted a quote from an unknown source that allows a person to register with a bank statement, check stub, untility bill, etc.
    right.... you are not following me. This argument is directed at states that REQUIRE photo identification to vote, not states that don't require them. I am arguing against requiring a photo ID to vote, not registering to vote in states that do not have such requirements. No where in that quote does it require ID to register to vote.


    here is your link to the quote I just posted.... http://www.sos.ne.gov/elec/voter_info.html
    Last edited by SypherAL; 02-27-12 at 09:45 PM.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Last Seen
    04-15-12 @ 07:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    374

    Re: Bolling breaks tie as Senate passes voter ID bill

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry View Post
    Link?



    This is never the case anywhere.
    check this out. Daily Kos: VIDEO: WI DMV Tells Boy His Bank Account Doesn

  9. #49
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Bolling breaks tie as Senate passes voter ID bill

    Quote Originally Posted by SypherAL View Post
    Show me proof voter fraud exists to an extent that demands strict voting ID laws. Not conservative blog news, real satistics and studies. No long term studies have been conducted. This whole Voter Fraud conspiracy has been pulled directly from the GOP crack of shame.
    You are new here so you haven't followed many threads on the subject............Links have been posted by me and others many times so that is not in question...........If you want to find out go to google and look up dead people or felons vote in elections.............Now next time your going to have to do it on your own. I am not here to teach you how to use your computer mu left wing friend
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #50
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Bolling breaks tie as Senate passes voter ID bill

    Quote Originally Posted by SypherAL View Post

    THe most bias left wing site there is...............
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •