Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 317179808182 LastLast
Results 801 to 810 of 820

Thread: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

  1. #801
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    So ... it's a right-wing blogger making the same bogus points that have already been made in this thread. Compelling.
    Which points are "bogus"?

  2. #802
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    So ... it's a right-wing blogger making the same bogus points that have already been made in this thread. Compelling.
    Was it? I couldn't get past the Sign up for Newt! ad ...



    (Not laughing at you, AdamT.)
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  3. #803
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Which points are "bogus"?
    For starters, the whole argument from history -- trying to suggest that today's Republican party bears any resemblance to the Republican part of the 19th century. Accusing Democrats of racism during the civil rights movement, when it's pretty clear that the offending parties would be Republicans in today's political landscape.
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  4. #804
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    For starters, the whole argument from history -- trying to suggest that today's Republican party bears any resemblance to the Republican part of the 19th century. Accusing Democrats of racism during the civil rights movement, when it's pretty clear that the offending parties would be Republicans in today's political landscape.
    Okay, so you have no argument with the facts in the article. Is that correct?

  5. #805
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Okay, so you have no argument with the facts in the article. Is that correct?
    I guess I'll never read the article on that page. Second time clicking in and I'm getting yelled at from some ad that auto-started. ****! pages like that. I don't care what's on them. If the owner has no respect for surfers/readers then ****'em, I have no respect for them, either. They can do without my traffic.


    And if you want to call that "so left" you go right ahead. Damn if I'll be some mindless ad slave! I don't watch much TV for the same reason. I hate in your face advertising and selling. Salesmen like that see my back, too.
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 03-13-12 at 04:31 PM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  6. #806
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,323

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    For starters, the whole argument from history -- trying to suggest that today's Republican party bears any resemblance to the Republican part of the 19th century. Accusing Democrats of racism during the civil rights movement, when it's pretty clear that the offending parties would be Republicans in today's political landscape.

    Hell, in the eyes of todays lib, Kennedy would be a conservative.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #807
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Hell, in the eyes of todays lib, Kennedy would be a conservative.
    Whatever Kennedy was, apparently he sucked.

  8. #808
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,323

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    Whatever Kennedy was, apparently he sucked.

    Why do you say that?


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #809
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Why do you say that?


    j-mac
    Caving on the cuban missile crisis is likely what irks me.

  10. #810
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Dittohead not!
    So, this absurd discussion of which party is the most racist is still going on? Sheesh! Get a life!
    Please show me where I'm discussing either party being racist.

    As a matter of fact let me refer you to one of my earlier posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by BWG
    Note...I am not now nor have I ever said Republicans or conservatives are racists. They just don't seem to attract many people of color...
    If you don't care to keep up, you are most definitely free to 'Get a Life'...
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 317179808182 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •