Page 79 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 820

Thread: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

  1. #781
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    42,097

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Yes, but mine can never agree on anything... you see, they're opposable . . . . . . .
    So are mine, much like Republicans and Democrats.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  2. #782
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    Actually it was conservatives. Then, and now. Q.E.D.
    LOL!!

    Every time the leftists lose a debate, which is a regular occurence, they try to move the goal posts.

    Have you no pride?

  3. #783
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Karl View Post
    ROFLMAO, you argument is one ad-hom after another!

    I already told you (and showed you) that the liberal Whigs started the Republican party, but you keep clinging to the 1860's definition of a Republican like my illuminating posts simply didn't exist

    Everyone note that DB's argument depends entirely upon a label. Examining the underlying ideology of the person destroys his argument. Solution? Ignore the underlying ideology and rely solely on the label. One word for that -- ignorant (alternate word -- desperate, if you know that a proper analysis of the facts, in context, will destroy your argument).

    So... which word, DB?
    You're relying too much on the "Whig" label while Abraham Lincoln referred to himself under the Republican label.

    Lincoln was a Republican and fought a civil war based on Republican beliefs. The Democrats did not share his beliefs until very recent times and have since tried to adopt Republican beliefs as their own.

    An easy way to remember is "Democrats = Racist, Republicans = Non Racist".

  4. #784
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by BWG View Post
    That's an impressive list of 30 elected black Republicans (mayors, state reps., Gov./Lt. Gov) in 236 years of U.S. history.

    However, I never said there were NONE, just not many, so thanks for proving my point.
    Is there a similar list for Democrats?

  5. #785
    Sage
    MoSurveyor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Seen
    04-13-17 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,985

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    An easy way to remember is "Democrats = Racist, Republicans = Non Racist".
    And that's why Democrats pushed so hard for the Civil Rights Act - because "Democrats = Racist".

    Note: "Southern", as used in this section, refers to members of Congress from the eleven states that made up the Confederate States of America in the American Civil War. "Northern" refers to members from the other 39 states, regardless of the geographic location of those states.

    The original House version:
    Southern Democrats: 7–87 (7%–93%)
    Southern Republicans: 0–10 (0%–100%)
    Northern Democrats: 145-9 (94%–6%)
    Northern Republicans: 138-24 (85%–15%)

    The Senate version:
    Southern Democrats: 1–20 (5%–95%)
    Southern Republicans: 0–1 (0%–100%)
    Northern Democrats: 45-1 (98%–2%)
    Northern Republicans: 27-5 (84%–16%)
    Last edited by MoSurveyor; 03-13-12 at 02:11 AM.
    Mt. Rushmore: Three surveyors and some other guy.
    Life goes on within you and without you. -Harrison
    Hear the echoes of the centuries, Power isn't all that money buys. -Peart
    After you learn quantum mechanics you're never really the same again. -Weinberg

  6. #786
    Sage
    Dittohead not!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The Golden State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    42,097

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    What is racism anyway?

    Come to think of it, that question deserves a thread of its own.

    So, I've created one here.
    "Donald Trump is a phony, a fraud... [he's] playing the American public for suckers." Mitt Romney

  7. #787
    Educator
    taxigirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Last Seen
    10-21-16 @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    1,205

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by AdamT View Post
    Minnesota's governor and secretary of state are proposing this method:



    Anyone want to bet that Republicans drop this issue entirely once a method is found to insure voter identification that doesn't exclude a bunch of Democratic voters?
    Not that you don't think I'm a total nutcase already as a result of our disagreement in the militia thread (BTW did you check my response to your query about the helicopters?), my thumbprint, my retinal scan, my saliva, nor my ear wax will ever be used to identify me as a means for me to exercise my rights if I can help it. I will run for the hills before the government starts tagging me like a mouse in an experiment.

    (adam, i hope you realize I am joking here, sort of)

    "You know, when they came and took away my fourth amendment I kept my yap shut, what the hell, I really didnít have anything to hide anyway. When they grabbed up my second amendment I sat still and bit my tongue because, truth be told, Iím allergic to guns. But here we are, you with your cold hard fingers wrapped around the neck of my first amendment and Iíve got to shout as loud as I can, because if I donít, before you know it, you wonít let me say nothing at all"
    --Randolph J. Dworkin

    ďReading makes a full man, meditation a profound man, discourse a clear man.Ē
    -- Ben Franklin

    "It has been said that something as small as the flutter of a butterfly's wing can ultimately cause a typhoon halfway around the world"
    -- Chaos Theory

  8. #788
    Engineer

    RabidAlpaca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    American in Europe
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    14,727

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    Not that you don't think I'm a total nutcase already as a result of our disagreement in the militia thread (BTW did you check my response to your query about the helicopters?), my thumbprint, my retinal scan, my saliva, nor my ear wax will ever be used to identify me as a means for me to exercise my rights if I can help it. I will run for the hills before the government starts tagging me like a mouse in an experiment.

    (adam, i hope you realize I am joking here, sort of)
    I always chuckle when I see a socialist quote Ben Franklin in their signature. What a fallacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by LowDown View Post
    I've got to say that it is shadenfreudalicious to see the rich and famous fucquewads on the coast suffering from the fires.

  9. #789
    Sage
    AdamT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    17,773

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Is there a similar list for Democrats?
    You can check here: Black Americans in Congress - Biographies of Members of Congress

    But I'll give you the answer in advance.

    Number of blacks currently serving in Congress:

    Democrats: 39
    Republicans: 2

    Any more questions?
    "The necessaries of life occasion the great expense of the poor. They find it difficult to get food, and the greater part of their little revenue is spent in getting it. The luxuries and vanities of life occasion the principal expense of the rich, and a magnificent house embellishes and sets off to the best advantage all the other luxuries and vanities which they possess. ... It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion."

    -- Adam Smith

  10. #790
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    I always chuckle when I see a socialist quote Ben Franklin in their signature. What a fallacy.
    But don't chuckle too enthusiastically. It could cause a typhoon half way around the world.

Page 79 of 82 FirstFirst ... 29697778798081 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •