Page 59 of 82 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 581 to 590 of 820

Thread: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

  1. #581
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Perry, replying to Karl View Post
    Is there a reason you avoid questions? [...]
    I'm sorry -- did you have a pertinent question?

    If not, why should I be expected to address any other?

    Now I do have a pertinent question, which I have yet to see answered: Given that all these new and proposed gov't photo ID voter laws are claimed to be in response to voting fraud, where is the evidence of this voting fraud?

  2. #582
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Gie, replying to another View Post
    [...] If you don't have a DL, you are still required to have ID. Why do you think there is such a thing as a ID? Dear girl, read the thread and maybe go read about your states laws about ID. Gonna learn a few things if you do. Goodnight for real. No really.
    In reply nto your blanket statement in bold, and as it pertains to this thread -- No, you are not.

    Feel free to teach everyone how you are correct, though....
    Last edited by Karl; 03-03-12 at 02:10 PM.

  3. #583
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    If you don't have a DL, you are still required to have ID.
    Not in the United States of America...

    Maybe in your country.

  4. #584
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    Are you implying that I cannot be intelligent because I am working class and a "liberal academic".

    First, learn to read, my profile says "College Instructor" and "Dispatcher", I do what I need to get by.
    Second, I work two jobs and I make time for my hobbies.
    Third, apparently you cannot back up your ill-informed, misguided and ignorant assertion that we need to have ID on our persons.
    Fourth, I hope you find a nice hat for hat day.
    I am not implying anything. I am stating unequivocally that based upon your abilities demonstrated thus far, you can't even respond to basic English questions about your position/opinion. You probably should drop the whole "college instructor" pretense. It don't sell. Hence the reason you are going on about "hat" day and so what if just about everything else I have said to you is over your "hat"? Who cares? What do you "instruct" at a so called college? Courses in how to dodge direct challenges to you? Would you care to explain why question after question to you goes unanswered? I can, but lets us leave it to you to explain why a college instructor can't follow English! You could not even deduce that a post that quotes a poster different from you, despite the fact that I quoted that poster and his clearly labeled post is what I responded to, was not meant for you! You proved in post #554 that you lack even a high school "civics" education with your comments and you have been on the dodge weave and whine path since.

    Lets says that not only can't you make a reasoned argument, but your so called occupation as an "instructor" of any kind at any level in education, should be cause for alarm! For anyone foolish enough to believe you are involved in it and I am saying I don't. So let us clarify. You sincerely argue that ID's are not a state requirement anywhere in the USA. Otherwise you would not be asking for proof that this is the case. As stupid as that is on face value, you miss college "instructor" and cab driver feign to be ignorant on the matter. Sorta like claiming you don't know about red lights and stop signs but are a seasoned cab driver, it tends to be well, just obvious as all hell BS IMO.

    So let us go back! Previous (that means before you ignored and dodged around mine) to your "challenge" to me, you were presented with the following truly high school level "civics" challenges:
    Quote Originally Posted by Gie View Post
    You are not required to have ID? Where? A DL is ID, proof that you can drive. If you don't have a DL, you are still required to have ID. Why do you think there is such a thing as a ID? Dear girl, read the thread and maybe go read about your states laws about ID. Gonna learn a few things if you do. Goodnight for real. No really.
    Your thoughtful and educated answer was to ask if I know what "hat" day is. Oh and to claim that I need to prove to you by either (and this is really funny) Supreme Court decision or a newspaper article, that United States citizens are required to have identification.

    Yeah it is just that stupid. Never mind I'm talking about state ID's which is the reason I used that little word "state and ID" in conjunction. I never said a word about any "US ID" (aside from a passport, what ARE you babbling about?) and I get the distinct impression you are not even a high school "instructor" and IMO that is probably a good thing! Don't like it? Who cares? Educators er "instructors" at the least should be educated or able to elaborate about common tribal knowledge the majority of high school civics class graduates have.

    I'm convinced that in addition to being truly ignorant about some pretty basic matters of common sense and common knowledge, the reason you don't know better has more to do with age and posturing. Which is cutting you, miss college "instructor", a teenage break. Though I admit, at this point you could prove me wrong or make some sort of sense about why you don't know any better than to ask such puerile questions. But I bet you can't and won't. For obvious reasons.
    Last edited by Gie; 03-03-12 at 05:04 PM.

  5. #585
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Look, Gie, if you want to find out whose posts are ignorant -- your's or taxigirl's -- put up a poll. I've got my vote ready.

    Otherwise you're wasting our time (and losing the poll) with your repeated ad hominems.

    Back on topic, I'm still waiting on your evidence asserting mandatory ID's.
    Last edited by Karl; 03-03-12 at 04:56 PM.

  6. #586
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl, replying to another View Post
    [...] my profile says "College Instructor" and "Dispatcher", I do what I need to get by. [...]
    Let this be a lesson to all: providing any type of personal information whatsoever on an internet forum such as this will only result in it being used to attack you personally -- as we see in this thread.

  7. #587
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:38 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,850

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    The point is, there is absolutely no way to track voter fraud, because the state is inherently unaware of the successful ones. It follows simple logic that in the age of identity theft, a form of ID should be used to identify voters and keep the integrity of our voting system. "Taking someone's word for it" is naive.
    Sure there is. You cite convictions for the crime.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #588
    Sage
    Karl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    12-18-14 @ 09:35 AM
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    5,561

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by RabidAlpaca View Post
    The point is, there is absolutely no way to track voter fraud, because the state is inherently unaware of the successful ones. It follows simple logic that in the age of identity theft, a form of ID should be used to identify voters and keep the integrity of our voting system. "Taking someone's word for it" is naive.
    Since even the president is an illegal alien (from Kenya), what's the point? Obviously, anything can be faked. Thinking otherwise is naive.

    Now if you want to go with an idea I floated recently -- the cranial implant of an RFID device at birth -- then you may be on to something. Comrade.
    Last edited by Karl; 03-03-12 at 05:17 PM.

  9. #589
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by taxigirl View Post
    Read the thread which explains why some people do not have ID.

    Oh, I have read it, in fact I have been involved with it since page 1. But, no one has answered this question I posed. Look, My state of SC proposed an ID law, and even said that the state would assist anyone who wanted to vote in getting an ID if they didn't have one, even if it meant going to the person to get them the ID. And Holder still sued. I can't see one good reason that people that are eligible can't obtain the ID needed. Face it, libs are so against this it lends credence to the thought that maybe they believe that they can't win an election unless they cheat.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #590
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Seen
    08-16-13 @ 02:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    970

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Oh, I have read it, in fact I have been involved with it since page 1. But, no one has answered this question I posed. Look, My state of SC proposed an ID law, and even said that the state would assist anyone who wanted to vote in getting an ID if they didn't have one, even if it meant going to the person to get them the ID. And Holder still sued. I can't see one good reason that people that are eligible can't obtain the ID needed. Face it, libs are so against this it lends credence to the thought that maybe they believe that they can't win an election unless they cheat.


    j-mac
    That is a great post and great point sir. I typed up a post about this last night but had a pet mishap take it down. Fat cat that likes to jump on the desk and land on the keyboard kind. Basically IMO the entire premise of the thread is what is generally known as a galaxy sized STRAWMAN. The premise is that if you are for photo ID voter laws you are FOR "disenfranchising" the same protected class, even if you agree to jump through rings of fire as you get them to the DMV, the court house and don't forget, the polls and anything else they need in order not to be inconvenienced! And then even if you wipe their ass for them when it is all done? You are by nature trying to disenfranchise them. Oh yes, the deep thinkers here say it is so, therefore it must be. Meanwhile, did you know that in the "information age" that you are not required by, I guess, most states or perhaps all of them, to have a state issued ID? The deep thinkers also say it is so, therefore it must be.

Page 59 of 82 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •