Page 12 of 82 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 820

Thread: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

  1. #111
    Mod Conspiracy Theorist
    rocket88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    A very blue state
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,186

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by BWG View Post
    Think of the logistics it would take to pull off any significant in-person voter fraud.
    Sure, but I think that if anybody can pull off large scale vote fraud, it's the Democratic and Republican parties.

    So the logistics of pulling off significant fraud are already pretty difficult. Do you trust either party to tell you "We need this this law?"


    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    This issue has been plowed more times than Paris Hilton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oborosen View Post
    Too bad we have to observe human rights.

  2. #112
    #NeverTrump
    a351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Space Coast
    Last Seen
    09-09-17 @ 08:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,902

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    Broad sweeping voter suppression, the US has never needed these laws before. Voter suppression is nothing new. The voting system has innacuracies in the millions that have little to do with a sneaky illegal immigrant voting, the left doesn't need an illegal immigrant vote to win, let's not flatter ourselves. People bitch about having to sit at a DMV and Im certainly going to bitch about getting a voter ID if I have to. Coming from the side that sees government overreach as tyranny this is really charming.
    I believe the law is both uneccessary and a inconvenience to some, but I don't view it as voter supression or discrimnatory when everyone is being held to the same standard.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Hare View Post
    I believe the law is both uneccessary and a inconvenience to some, but I don't view it as voter supression or discrimnatory when everyone is being held to the same standard.
    If I had the standard of requiring you to go to a location to acquire a $20 dollar + ID card accessible by car only requiring documents that satisfy whatever lawmakers decide satisfies the law to whatever ends they may or may not have... possibly costing you more money... with documents possibly only in english wtf do you think is going to happen? I've been watching the voter fraud suppression thing for a while, its a virtually non-existant problem in comparison to others in the voting system and some politicians are frothing to get it passed.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Fletch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Mentor Ohio
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    15,277

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    If I had the standard of requiring you to go to a location to acquire a $20 dollar + ID card accessible by car only requiring documents that satisfy whatever lawmakers decide satisfies the law to whatever ends they may or may not have... possibly costing you more money... with documents possibly only in english wtf do you think is going to happen? I've been watching the voter fraud suppression thing for a while, its a virtually non-existant problem in comparison to others in the voting system and some politicians are frothing to get it passed.
    maybe instead of endless fundraisers for Obamas re-election, maybe rich liberals can have a fundraiser or two to help cover the costs of getting poor liberals to the BMV to get a picture ID.

  5. #115
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,006

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Meathead View Post
    Mods, I don't care if you zap me or flag me, but sorry Hazelmarket, you are a ditz. I've rarely seen a lamer argument.
    Your post 91 fits that to a tee. You simply cannot extrapolate as you suggest and come up with evidence. It does not work that way. You are alleging voter fraud. Such a crime is measured by convictions. You may not like that because it exposes the intellectual fraud of your position, but it still is the truth.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #116
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Your post 91 fits that to a tee. You simply cannot extrapolate as you suggest and come up with evidence. It does not work that way. You are alleging voter fraud. Such a crime is measured by convictions. You may not like that because it exposes the intellectual fraud of your position, but it still is the truth.
    So, since no one is getting caught, that means no crime is being committed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #117
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,006

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
    Please quote the specific constituional provision that states anyone has a blanket right to vote. I'll help you out here: you can't do it because it doesn't exist. All it says is that no one can be denied the right to vote based on certain characteristics. But that's it.
    In how many places is the right to bear arms mentioned in the Constitution?
    In how many places is freedom of speech mentioned in the Constitution?
    In how many places is freedom of the press mentioned in the Constitution?
    In how many places is the right to vote mentioned in the Constitution?

    Most right wingers I have encountered cannot even properly regurgitate the extremist argument about "there is no right to vote". All they do is repeat what some radio shock jock said. Its really sad.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  8. #118
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:33 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,006

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, since no one is getting caught, that means no crime is being committed?
    Voter fraud is different than murder or arson where you have the evidence of a crime without a conviction. What evidence of a crime of voter fraud do you have without a conviction?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    maybe instead of endless fundraisers for Obamas re-election, maybe rich liberals can have a fundraiser or two to help cover the costs of getting poor liberals to the BMV to get a picture ID.
    Why incurr the costs in the first place.. this doesnt make sense... oh wait, yeah you're trolling.

  10. #120
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: ACLU Leader Says Voter ID Law Akin to Jim Crow-Era Law

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    In how many places is the right to bear arms mentioned in the Constitution?
    In how many places is freedom of speech mentioned in the Constitution?
    In how many places is freedom of the press mentioned in the Constitution?
    In how many places is the right to vote mentioned in the Constitution?

    Most right wingers I have encountered cannot even properly regurgitate the extremist argument about "there is no right to vote". All they do is repeat what some radio shock jock said. Its really sad.
    Do you support the law that says a person has to have a photo ID to buy a gun?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 12 of 82 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •