Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 373

Thread: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

  1. #81
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,305

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    he is as real as christ.
    I like what xfactor said.

    It doesn't really matter how "real" you perceive Mohammad to be. MY belief is that Jesus is very real and IS the son of God. That is MY faith though, and I have no right to force that upon someone, or the right to force someone to say: Jesus WAS real historically speaking. That would not be civillized. It would also go against my faith to do that. You cannot be forced to God. Then it isn't your belief. But I am diverging off the main point.

    The main point is that Iran is only murdering this man because of his religous difference. It is barbaric and uncivillized. No civillized government would allow a man to be put to death for his religous difference. That is ANYWHERE on Earth. When will Iran learn tollerance?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  2. #82
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,039

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    i dont know when it will learn but islam is the last one and approves him,and as a deistic muslim, i like christ much more than other muslims.but other muslims like him too.

  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggen View Post
    It's pretty hard no to blame them for this, isn't it? Or are muslims never to be held accountable for anything? This is being done in the name of their religion, and I'd bet you most muslims in Iran have no problem with it.

    This constant defense of everything any Muslim country does on the basis of dislike for the U.S. and its foreign policy is bizarre.
    When Spain had its inquisitions, was Christianity to blame?

    I'm a strong Christian, but you can't blame Islam the religion for this atrocity without being hypocritical. The blame is with Iran.

    The Christian who is given the death sentence in Iran is a martyr, just like the early martyrs of the Christian faith.

    His death will have a lot of meaning.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    The main point is that Iran is only murdering this man because of his religous difference. It is barbaric and uncivillized. No civillized government would allow a man to be put to death for his religous difference. That is ANYWHERE on Earth. When will Iran learn tollerance?
    They were tolerant... they were going to allow him to live if he confirmed muhhammad existed. He couldve just lied, they wouldve tolerated that... he had to just sing a line or two from the quran most likely and he wouldve been fine and his kids wouldve had a father still.

    He deprived his children of their father and for that he is selfish.

    If I was caught by North Korea and forced to admit a known historical reality to them, I'd probably say 'oh **** yeah, sure I read wikipedia'
    and I'd remain alive, even if I decided to lie.

    The guy was a fool, plain and simple.

    50 years ago some folks couldnt whistle at a white woman without being executed by a mob.

    Seriously.

  5. #85
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    They were tolerant... they were going to allow him to live if he confirmed muhhammad existed. He couldve just lied, they wouldve tolerated that... he had to just sing a line or two from the quran most likely and he wouldve been fine and his kids wouldve had a father still.

    He deprived his children of their father and for that he is selfish.

    If I was caught by North Korea and forced to admit a known historical reality to them, I'd probably say 'oh **** yeah, sure I read wikipedia'
    and I'd remain alive, even if I decided to lie.

    The guy was a fool, plain and simple.

    50 years ago some folks couldnt whistle at a white woman without being executed by a mob.

    Seriously.
    Well, it obvious you don't understand the importance of a person's religion. It would be nothing for you to say whatever because it doesn't matter to you. To those of us that do have religious conviction, we understand why the pastor stands by his beliefs.

    BTW, I don't think he's been executed yet. It's unfathomable to me, though, that someone would fault the persecuted person for their own execution, as if Iran just faultless and has no choice but to kill him.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Well, it obvious you don't understand the importance of a person's religion. It would be nothing for you to say whatever because it doesn't matter to you. To those of us that do have religious conviction, we understand why the pastor stands by his beliefs.
    I don't really care what your religious beliefs are or what your conceptions of religious freedom are... you could be a flying roflcopter worshipper that thinks the earth is flat.

    BTW, I don't think he's been executed yet. It's unfathomable to me, though, that someone would fault the persecuted person for their own execution, as if Iran just faultless and has no choice but to kill him.
    The man is vain and foolish to do what he did in Iran. I don't 'enjoy' what the Iranian government does, but he should confirm the fact that there are authorities over him, which would let him go if he had some common sense. He's merely punishing his family.

  7. #87
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    I don't really care what your religious beliefs are or what your conceptions of religious freedom are... you could be a flying roflcopter worshipper that thinks the earth is flat.
    Exactly what I said. Religion means nothing to you, so you can't understand why it means something to others.

    The man is vain and foolish to do what he did in Iran. I don't 'enjoy' what the Iranian government does, but he should confirm the fact that there are authorities over him, which would let him go if he had some common sense. He's merely punishing his family.
    You may not "enjoy" what the Iranian government does, but you do seem only too happy to justify it. BTW, those that condemn this man are also doing it out of religious conviction. Why do you justify their beliefs/actions but not the pastor's?

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Exactly what I said. Religion means nothing to you, so you can't understand why it means something to others.
    Flying roflcopter worshippers that think the earth is flat are an infection on society that destabilizes the nation state as a whole.

    You may not "enjoy" what the Iranian government does, but you do seem only too happy to justify it. BTW, those that condemn this man are also doing it out of religious conviction. Why do you justify their beliefs/actions but not the pastor's?
    You'll never get me to call this man a martyr. Their actions are justified by power. Just like a legal entity anywhere.
    Rastafarianism wont get you far during prohibition here... yet I'd prefer we could doob it up and relax at a cafe on the street, unfortunately wed all get maced and taken to prison.
    My religion could state the government of the USA is illegitimate, and if people began following and I stepped out of line to act on my 'religion' I'd be ****ing toast.

    Also... I dont think theres a country in history thats been in complete strategic encirclement that doesnt start lobbing heads off.

  9. #89
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    Flying roflcopter worshippers that think the earth is flat are an infection on society that destabilizes the nation state as a whole.



    You'll never get me to call this man a martyr. Their actions are justified by power. Just like a legal entity anywhere.
    Rastafarianism wont get you far during prohibition here... yet I'd prefer we could doob it up and relax at a cafe on the street, unfortunately wed all get maced and taken to prison.
    My religion could state the government of the USA is illegitimate, and if people began following and I stepped out of line to act on my 'religion' I'd be ****ing toast.

    Also... I dont think theres a country in history thats been in complete strategic encirclement that doesnt start lobbing heads off.
    Huh, so might makes right? And here I thought you were all anti-imperialism and ****. Tell me you're, at least, consistent and support the death penalty in the US for the exact same reasons as you just used to justify Iran's actions.

  10. #90
    Guru
    Binary_Digit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,539

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    Their actions are justified by power.
    Their actions are NOT justified, by power or anything else. A man's faith should be his own, and he should only answer to God for it, not to other men. The problem with religion is when people think they're God's executioner.

Page 9 of 38 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •