Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 373

Thread: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

  1. #61
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,081

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    I believe Jesus' message to be the most holy. He taught us to love even our enemies. He taught us the message of forgiveness. It is easy to hate, to allow revenge grow in our hearts. It is difficult to love those that hate us. The message of love and forgiveness must be holy.

    He taught us this, and he lived a non-violent life, and died a martyr.

    I don't know much about Muhammad, but I do know that he was a warrior. He spread his message to Mecca and elsewhere with the sword, which to me can not be the way of a true prophet of God.
    i know about jesus as much as about muhammed,and i like him (although bible has lots of contradictions as qoran),but our matter is not his message ,but as a human we cant know which is the most beneficial one for us to believe and i suggest you read qoran and find those verses which claim that god wanted us to have different beliefs to examine us..and dont forget the crusaders whom you had defended didnt obey jesus's rules who advised human peace and love
    Last edited by Medusa; 02-25-12 at 07:56 AM.

  2. #62
    Educator

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Jordan
    Last Seen
    10-02-17 @ 06:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,220

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by ludahai View Post
    I will reserve judgement, but according to the news source, the book is from about 500 years after Christ. The four Gospel accounts we use were written within mere decades of the life of Christ. Color me HIGHLY skeptical, especially as it would directly contradict was we already know about Christ...
    Plus the Quran refers to jesus as the Messiah...

  3. #63
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,189

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    This is a tragedy and a terrible injustice. My heart goes out to the man.


    Iran's government is neither civilized nor peaceful.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  4. #64
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,387

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    stonewall,christ is not a historical fact,either ,who can prove both muhammed and christ really lived scientifically ? there is no historical record that proves they had lived.,but we as believers have to accept their existence.. i think it must be easier to believe that someone is the prophet of god than to believe he is the son of god.
    That really isn't the point I am making. My faith tells me that Jesus existed, and was the son of God. As it requires faith to accept Muhammad as the prophet of God. It doesn't matter if it is easier or not. It is a matter of faith. But even accepting that he was probably a historical fact doesn't mean I accept him as a prophet of God.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  5. #65
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,081

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    That really isn't the point I am making. My faith tells me that Jesus existed, and was the son of God. As it requires faith to accept Muhammad as the prophet of God. It doesn't matter if it is easier or not. It is a matter of faith. But even accepting that he was probably a historical fact doesn't mean I accept him as a prophet of God.
    if you believe christ is the son of god and historical fact ,at least you should accept the historical fact of muhammed , too ,even if you dont regard him as a prophet..

  6. #66
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,387

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    if you believe christ is the son of god and historical fact ,at least you should accept the historical fact of muhammed , too ,even if you dont regard him as a prophet..
    Sort of. I accept Christ based upon faith. If I choose to not accept Muhammad, I do not have too. Believing in one does not mean I must believe in the other.

    BUT I do find it likely that a man named Muhammad did exist. I obviously choose not to accept him as a prophet since I am not a Muslim.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,081

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Sort of. I accept Christ based upon faith. If I choose to not accept Muhammad, I do not have too. Believing in one does not mean I must believe in the other.

    BUT I do find it likely that a man named Muhammad did exist. I obviously choose not to accept him as a prophet since I am not a Muslim.
    but why did you say he wasnt a historical fact?

  8. #68
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:12 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,387

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    but why did you say he wasnt a historical fact?
    He isn't a solid fact. There is debate on if he existed or not. No proof that he existed either. I believe it is likely that he existed though.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  9. #69
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:16 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,081

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    He isn't a solid fact. There is debate on if he existed or not. No proof that he existed either. I believe it is likely that he existed though.
    he is as real as christ.

  10. #70
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    islam recognizes christ as the prophet , and all muslims accept his dignity .but generally they cant imagine god and jesus as a zeus and a hercules





    yes you are right as a christian ,but i have to believe in christ to not to violate my own belief ,in fact ,i love all of them and find mystic personally
    That's cool, Medusa. To each their own. I just don't want anyone to think that trying to force this Christian pastor to acknowledge Muhammed in a religious sense is anything less than trying to force him to renounce his entire religion. I have great respect for the man for holding firm to his beliefs even in the face of potential death.

Page 7 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •