Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 373

Thread: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

  1. #361
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,803

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Pardon the Godwin, but didn't Hitler use that same excuse to kill the Jews? It was legal, therefore alright to murder?
    Words have meanings. Any killling that is legal cannot, by definition be murder. Periid. That's what the word means. Trying to use words incorrectly, just for an emotional impact, is blatantly dishonest.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  2. #362
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Words have meanings. Any killling that is legal cannot, by definition be murder. Periid. That's what the word means. Trying to use words incorrectly, just for an emotional impact, is blatantly dishonest.
    Weren't the killing of Jews in Nazi Germany legal at that time?

    So if the dictator Hitler deemed it not illegal to kill Jews at that time, then by your logic, their deaths would not be "murder?"

  3. #363
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You have not read the Koran from cover to cover or you wouldn't blame the texts. You go off of sound bytes and quotes that are out of text. Read the Koran please, you look foolish.
    Those "sound bytes and quotes" are as legitimate as any other part of the Koran.

    It may be worthwhile for you to instruct Muslims which parts to ignore and which parts to follow but your chances of success in having them pay any attention to your admonitions are slim. They will follow the words of the Koran, just as they were taught.

  4. #364
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Those "sound bytes and quotes" are as legitimate as any other part of the Koran.

    It may be worthwhile for you to instruct Muslims which parts to ignore and which parts to follow but your chances of success in having them pay any attention to your admonitions are slim. They will follow the words of the Koran, just as they were taught.
    so when people list sound bytes and quotes from the bible that deal with horrific things, those are legitimate as well?

    If so, we should immediately criticize those that follow such a violent book like the bible as well.

    It's amazing that you haven't read the Koran but you seem to think you are an expert on it. Such ignorance. No wonder people think Americans are idiots, because some Americans think they know an entire book from small out of context quotes.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 03-02-12 at 09:52 AM.

  5. #365
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    It's amazing that you haven't read the Koran but you seem to think you are an expert on it. Such ignorance. No wonder people think Americans are idiots, because some Americans think they know an entire book from small out of context quotes.
    I don't know where you're from and I really don't care but in my country reading comprehension is considered to be a very important part of our educational system.

    So before you continue with the idea that some unnamed (and clueless) people think Americans are idiots, you should point out where I said, or even hinted, that I was an expert on the Koran.

    Do that and then we can examine the educational system in your country.

  6. #366
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I don't know where you're from and I really don't care but in my country reading comprehension is considered to be a very important part of our educational system.

    So before you continue with the idea that some unnamed (and clueless) people think Americans are idiots, you should point out where I said, or even hinted, that I was an expert on the Koran.

    Do that and then we can examine the educational system in your country.
    I am from America, MY country. Be glad your part of it.

    Well if you're not an expert and your going just off of sound bytes and texts out of context and making a decision that the Koran is the problem, you are definitely the problem with America. In MY country we read entire texts before we make ignorant decisions on them.

    Please don't breed.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 03-02-12 at 10:41 AM.

  7. #367
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I am from America, MY country. Be glad your part of it.
    Actually I'm not part of it. You are as mistaken there as you were about my claiming to be an expert on the Koran. Perhaps its because of you, as you claimed, that people think Americans are idiots.

    Well if you're not an expert and your going just off of sound bytes and texts out of context and making a decision that the Koran is the problem, you are definitely the problem with America. In MY country we read entire texts before we make ignorant decisions on them.
    If you make a point of reading the entire text before making a decision, why did you make the claim that i thought myself to be an expert on the Koran, or believed me to be an American? The fact is that in both cases you were wrong because you didn't comprehend the written word, or you read things that weren't even there. Now you want me to ignore things in the Koran that actually are there.

    And it never even occurs to you that you might be one of those idiots you referred to earlier. You should connect the dots.
    Please don't breed.
    Too late. I have wonderful children who I love very much.

  8. #368
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    If you make a point of reading the entire text before making a decision, why did you make the claim that i thought myself to be an expert on the Koran, or believed me to be an American? The fact is that in both cases you were wrong because you didn't comprehend the written word, or you read things that weren't even there. Now you want me to ignore things in the Koran that actually are there.
    Well thank goodness you are not in America. That's great news. Although it's funny because I was wrong because I read into things that weren't there. Kinda like you are doing with Koran. Maybe you should take your own advice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post

    And it never even occurs to you that you might be one of those idiots you referred to earlier. You should connect the dots.
    I'm not an idiot, I make mistakes. However, you take out of context quotes and act like you know the Koran. You don't and you show yourself to be ignorant by that. Even when shown that you still stand by your ignorant comments where I at least admit I made a mistake.

  9. #369
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Well thank goodness you are not in America. That's great news. Although it's funny because I was wrong because I read into things that weren't there. Kinda like you are doing with Koran. Maybe you should take your own advice.
    Here we go again.

    Where did I read things into the Koran that weren't there? Point them out.
    I'm not an idiot, I make mistakes. However, you take out of context quotes and act like you know the Koran.
    Point it out.
    You don't and you show yourself to be ignorant by that.
    By what? Point it out. Use quotes.

    Even when shown that you still stand by your ignorant comments where I at least admit I made a mistake.
    Please use quotes and base your opinions on those quotes.

    My friend, you are not an idiot but your thinking is that of a schoolboys. However, that shouldn't prevent you from leading a fulfilling life, getting a job, raising a family, and eventually gaining some wisdom.

  10. #370
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Here we go again.

    Where did I read things into the Koran that weren't there? Point them out.
    You said the Koran is full of hate. It isn't, you cherry pick quotes out much like people do with the bible today.

    If you were actually interested in the Koran as a whole you would have read it. It has some inspirational quotes as well as the bible does.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    My friend, you are not an idiot but your thinking is that of a schoolboys. However, that shouldn't prevent you from leading a fulfilling life, getting a job, raising a family, and eventually gaining some wisdom.
    and maybe someday you will actually read the entire Koran instead of letting others determine for you what it means.

    Have you read the bible from cover to cover? There are plenty of hate quotes in the bible. Some of which people use even today.

    Have you read the Koran from cover to cover?

    I have wisdom because I actually make decisions and judgements off of things I have read completely. Do you?
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 03-02-12 at 12:26 PM.

Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •