Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 373

Thread: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

  1. #331
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,803

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    That of Muslims planning to murder a man because he won't renounce his religion? And I'm intolerant?
    Nope, just absurdly biased. And it can't, by definition, be murder if it's legal. I suspect you don't care though, you're just being emotional.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  2. #332
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Under the law of the land in which he was convicted.
    Right. Under Sharia law, and I am protesting against this foul and inhumane decision. That is my right as a human being in a free democracy.


    My, absurdly biased much?
    [/QUOTE]

    Actually I am always biased when people are murdered for being a member of a particular religion, for their sexual leanings, or for their gender.

    There are always going to be people like you who support the murder of innocents, just as there were those who fought against the freedom of Blacks. You're all much the same.

  3. #333
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Nope, just absurdly biased. And it can't, by definition, be murder if it's legal. I suspect you don't care though, you're just being emotional.
    I'm "absurdly biased" because I won't ignore Muslims murdering another human being because of a his religion? Very well, then I am guilty as charged.

  4. #334
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I'm "absurdly biased" because I won't ignore Muslims murdering another human being because of a his religion? Very well, then I am guilty as charged.
    It'd be awful if one of their leaders announced a crusade on a country that was no threat and was responsible for the violent deaths of over a million people.
    Or something crazy.

  5. #335
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    It'd be awful if one of their leaders announced a crusade on a country that was no threat and was responsible for the violent deaths of over a million people.
    Or something crazy.
    Yet another goofy defection!

    Have you leftists no control over your senses? Can you not concentrate on one thing at a time?

  6. #336
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    02-13-13 @ 12:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    18,536
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Oh no you didn't! lol.
    Christians en masse don't murder certain people when certain people burn the Bible.

  7. #337
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Christians en masse don't murder certain people when certain people burn the Bible.
    Of course don't. And can you imagine the outcry if they did?

    But the fact is that people now expect less from Muslims then they do anyone else. In fact they expect craziness and prepare for it. This is why Barrack Obama and his staff spend so much time apologizing for damages done to Korans rather than simply pointing out that it was an accident and that if they want to get crazy with Americans, Americans will get crazy on them.

  8. #338
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yet another goofy defection!

    Have you leftists no control over your senses? Can you not concentrate on one thing at a time?

    Just answer me this Grant. There was a time when people that followed Christianity were violent and abused the religion to suit their needs. This much is indisputable I think, you would agree? So during that time would you say Christianity was to blame or the people?

    Now, flash forward to today with Islam. We have people doing the same thing and abusing the religion.

    I don't think anyone has a problem calling a radical a radical. But I don't blame the entire religion, I blame the people that are abusing the religion.

    I have a problem with your blaming and ENTIRE religion when it is clear there are peaceful followers of Islam.

    Want to denounce the act of killing this Catholic by Iran, I'm right there with you. I think it's barbaric. Where I disagree with you is in blaming the entire religion. If Islam wasn't around, these tyrants and dicatators would just abuse another religion to get their way.

    At the same time though, what are YOU doing about it? I mean really. What do you want the U.S. to do about it? Is this terrible? Yes. Is this worth getting in a war over? No.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 03-01-12 at 03:34 PM.

  9. #339
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post

    Want to denounce the act of killing of this Catholic by Iran, I'm right there with you. I think it's barbaric.
    "This Catholic", as you call him, is a human being. Certainly he is more than just "a Catholic". But that you think it is barbaric is a step forward from many of the cretins on this thread.
    Where I disagree with you is in blaming the entire religion.
    As mentioned earlier these sorts of atrocities against Christians and others are happening all over the world. It is not restricted to Iran. Thus it is clear that Islam is to blame and, in fact, the Koran promotes this sort of action. How can Islam not be to responsible when the Koran advocates this behavior and Muslims are
    carrying it out?


    If Islam wasn't around, these tyrants and dicatators would just abuse another religion to get their way.
    Then we could blame those beliefs which fostered the murders of innocent people, just as we did with Fascism, Communism, slavery, and so on.. Keep in mind that Islam is belief systems and has nothing based on scientific fact, nor does it have any intellectual support. Children and easily influenced adults were brainwashed into it and now they should be educated out of it.

    At the same time though, what are YOU doing about it? I mean really. What do you want the U.S. to do about it? Is this terrible? Yes. Is this worth getting in a war over? No.
    You can see what I'm doing about it. I am speaking out against it here and elsewhere in order that this hate filled craziness be stopped. Nowhere did i suggest the US got to war with Iran over this issue and have no idea where you got this idea. But every civilized person should be speaking out against this latest Islamic atrocity, as well as others they are committing throughout the world. Our media and political leaders should stop running scared from these seventh century dittoheads and start facing up to them or more and more innocent people are going to be murdered at their hands.

  10. #340
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Yet another goofy defection!

    Have you leftists no control over your senses? Can you not concentrate on one thing at a time?
    You're concentrating on islam, we doing the christian hypocrisy bit. I wasnt aware that this thread had anything else going on it it at this point since youve been steering things.

Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •