Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 373

Thread: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

  1. #301
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    rather than talking about ignoring members, you could attempt to prove me wrong.

    the fact is, "sodomy", legally....includes oral sex between a married man & woman.

    Sodomy laws in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    of course, SCOTUS struck down these laws, but as far as many states were concerned, oral & anal sex between married man & woman was indeed...sodomy.

    Sodomy is taking it up the butt.

  2. #302
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Sodomy is taking it up the butt.
    according to the laws of many states, until SCOTUS overturned them, it was anal & oral sex...including between married folks.

    nevermind the fact that the Bible NEVER defined sodomy, other than as sexual immorality.

  3. #303
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    according to the laws of many states, until SCOTUS overturned them, it was anal & oral sex...including between married folks.

    nevermind the fact that the Bible NEVER defined sodomy, other than as sexual immorality.
    Wasn't the Bible written before the Supreme Court was invented?

  4. #304
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    What? I don't remember hearing that in church. I could be wrong.
    There doesn't appear to be as much sex education in Churches as there is in mosques.

    Islam Watch - "Sexual Perversion in Islam"

  5. #305
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The greatest city on Earth
    Last Seen
    08-04-12 @ 04:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    31,089

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Wasn't the Bible written before the Supreme Court was invented?
    exactly, and many states defined sodomy as including oral & anal sex between a married man & woman, before the SCOTUS overturned it.

  6. #306
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,755

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Where is the lack of honesty?

    Why not respond to the question rather than deflect?
    I'm not the one trying to deflect. I'm the one pointing out that Christianity has traditionally been no better than Islam is today. You just don't like the reality.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  7. #307
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,755

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    You don't think pre-marital sex is immoral?
    Not remotely.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  8. #308
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:00 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,274

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Wake View Post
    Can we agree that Christianity is generally more peaceful than Islam?
    Oh no you didn't! lol.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  9. #309
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    I'm not the one trying to deflect. I'm the one pointing out that Christianity has traditionally been no better than Islam is today. You just don't like the reality.
    Read the topic heading.

    It says "Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death".

    Is it your argument that because there have been sins committed by Christians in the past that this Pastor deserves to be put to death by Muslims today? If not, why mention it?

    Rather than deal with what you call "tradition", why not deal with the present? It is not much of a challenge to claim that any culture, religion, political party or race has behaved badly in the past. It takes no imagination or intellectual muscle to point out the obvious.

    All you are doing, and all anyone who makes this lazy argument is doing, is demonstrating that you lack answers, or even a valid point of view, for the present. The now remains just too complicated for most people and so you avoid discussing the real problem areas of today.

  10. #310
    User Clandestine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Last Seen
    03-16-14 @ 01:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    127

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    There doesn't appear to be as much sex education in Churches as there is in mosques.

    Islam Watch - "Sexual Perversion in Islam"
    Lol, how would you know anything about the sexual education in mosques.
    Someone who uses Ayatollah Khomeni as an authority to represent Islam.

Page 31 of 38 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •