Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 373

Thread: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

  1. #181
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:50 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,352

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    the only way to analogise any rape to this situation is if you had the ability to leave if you wanted, adding "WHUT IF DEY KANT" is adding a condition that invalidates the example to suit your argument... keep trying.
    Because being locked in prison gives you the ability to escape? Never mind the fact that Iran is probably the LEAST tollerant place on Earth...but let's look at the evidence...Iran is a tollerant place...so if he recants he will certainly be set free...oops. Iran isn't tollerant.

    Anyway. It you are still saying it is alright to try and rape someone, or try and kill someone if you give them a warning.

    Who the **** does he think he is? Christ?
    So a guy who is a Christian...who worships Christ...thinks he is Christ?

    And if anyone with any balls that was christian really knew for himself that he was a true martyr they'd be lobbing a bomb at Iran already.
    A martyr doesn't strap a bomb to their chest for 72 virgins. A matyr doesn't kill for the cause. That would be a Jihadist. A matyr dies for the cause. And are you in favor of lobbing bombs at Iran?

    When a settler walks into 'holy land' with an uzi to take someones home he doesn't give them a chance to keep it.
    What?

    Got an actual source, and how does it relate to this case in any way? These are two different cases... random link on internet by a nobody that wants me to hate Iran really doesnt help you.
    Standard dodge here. I don't want to actually post all the pictures from google of all the women and children being hanged. I am pretty sure that is a violation of content for this forum. But you can google it yourself. You know damn well they murder women and children all the time. This is NOT a new thing. This is a FACT. An undeniable FACT that they hang children and women, and stone rape victims. You clearly are in favor of this.

    I never said I supported anything...
    Silence is implied consent. Not to mention you ARE defending the murder of people for a human right, the murder of children for being victims of crimes like rape, and the hanging of gays....because according to you "might makes right."

    don't give a **** about Iran.
    Then why are you fighting so hard to back their play on killing this man? What do you have a problem with? Let's backtrack now.

    He's a false martyr.
    Actually...by the very definition of martyr...he is one. Do you even know what it means? Serious. Stop holding out and read TS Eliot.

    But this does highlight a bigger issue here. You don't understand WHY his faith is so important. Are you an atheist? Because you clearly do not understand just how important religion is to some people. Religion is not just "oh I believe this." It isn't some oath you take at a Frat house. It ain't some members only club that you can sign up for or leave, it ain't a country club. It is something that you put your ENTIRE being into. You are a part of this till you die. It isn't this Pastor's fault you don't understand how important and how much this actually means. Don't condemn him because you don't understand the true value of religion.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  2. #182
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Can you try to answer again without changing the terms of every argument that passes by you?

    I can spell out every line where you manipulate the argument to suit you. But it's getting to the point where I feel like I'd have to be paid $15 to make it worth my 30 mins of time.
    Last edited by MKULTRABOY; 02-27-12 at 11:22 PM.

  3. #183
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,069

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    Yet not so much to realize how problematic it is?
    what is problematic ? do i claim that religion is scientific ,dont you agree with me at this point?

  4. #184
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:50 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,352

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    Can you try to answer again without changing the terms of every argument that passes by you?

    I can spell out every line where you manipulate the argument to suit you. But it's getting to the point where I feel like I'd have to be paid $15 to make it worth my 30 mins of time.
    Can you tell me what a martyr is? Didn't think so.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  5. #185
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    what is problematic ? do i claim that religion is scientific ,dont you agree with me at this point?
    No, you do not claim religion is scientific. However, it ought to be, at least in the sense that people ought to believe things that are factually true and reject things for which there is no objective evidence. The fact that people believe absurd, unsupported things and demand that they are true for no other reason than it makes them feel good is ridiculous.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

  6. #186
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    Can you tell me what a martyr is? Didn't think so.
    Can't you tell when you're getting trolled? Quit answering him.

  7. #187
    Sage
    Medusa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Turkey
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    38,069

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Cephus View Post
    No, you do not claim religion is scientific. However, it ought to be, at least in the sense that people ought to believe things that are factually true and reject things for which there is no objective evidence. The fact that people believe absurd, unsupported things and demand that they are true for no other reason than it makes them feel good is ridiculous.
    it is called 'belief' and how can you determine what people should believe or not,we are not discussing about the law of gravity and we dont need any objective evidence,if i claim that newton is wrong ,you have the right to ask me to present any evidence to disprove that scientific law.
    what is more, i had posted some verses from qoran that points out some scientific facts which are known to be proven but as far as i think you had asked the scientific definitions of the statements in the verses.this is impossible because this is not science so we dont need any objective.
    Last edited by Medusa; 02-28-12 at 11:33 AM.

  8. #188
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:50 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,352

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    Can't you tell when you're getting trolled? Quit answering him.
    Don't worry. I stopped.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  9. #189
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    When Spain had its inquisitions, was Christianity to blame?

    I'm a strong Christian, but you can't blame Islam the religion for this atrocity without being hypocritical. The blame is with Iran.

    The Christian who is given the death sentence in Iran is a martyr, just like the early martyrs of the Christian faith.

    His death will have a lot of meaning.
    In fact Muslims are doing much the same thing as Iran in several areas of the world.The problem is Islam, and always has been.

  10. #190
    Sage
    Cephus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    29,792

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    In fact Muslims are doing much the same thing as Iran in several areas of the world.The problem is Islam, and always has been.
    And when Christianity was doing the same thing a couple hundred years ago? The problem is religion and always has been.
    There is nothing demonstrably true that religion can provide the world that cannot be achieved more rationally through entirely secular means.

    Blog me! YouTube me! VidMe me!

Page 19 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •