Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 373

Thread: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

  1. #171
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    I am "lingering" on it because you think it is ok to rape someone as long as they are given a warning. What if that person can't get away? I already provided you the kidnapping examples. You never replied to those.
    the only way to analogise any rape to this situation is if you had the ability to leave if you wanted, adding "WHUT IF DEY KANT" is adding a condition that invalidates the example to suit your argument... keep trying.

    So it is ok to MURDER him based upon his belief system...because he should lie about it? You don't see the problem here? Weren't you the one bitching about Israel or something? I guess it is the Palestinians fault for not leaving. After all, "Might makes right."
    Who the **** does he think he is? Christ? He's a false martyr. And if anyone with any balls that was christian really knew for himself that he was a true martyr they'd be lobbing a bomb at Iran already.

    When a settler walks into 'holy land' with an uzi to take someones home he doesn't give them a chance to keep it.

    Iranian Regime murders young girls & retarded children! Living Documents

    Mhm. She said repetance and didn't get the stay of execution.
    Got an actual source, and how does it relate to this case in any way? These are two different cases... random link on internet by a nobody that wants me to hate Iran really doesnt help you.

    Do you understand the kind of people you are supporting? Or are you just trying to be argumentative? Because quite frankly I find it disgusting that you would support these scum.
    I never said I supported anything...
    I don't give a **** about Iran.

    Nadarkhani converted to Christianity at 19 and came under the Islamic regime’s radar in 2006 when he applied for his church to be registered with the state. He was arrested and soon released, according to sources.

    In 2009 he went to local officials to complain about Islamic indoctrination in his school district, arguing that his children should not be forced to learn about Islam.

    He was subsequently arrested and found guilty of apostasy by a lower court in Gilan, a province in Rasht, where he and his family live.

    The court gave Nadarkhani a chance to recant and return to Islam, but he refused.
    He's a dork, and now hes an international political bargaining chip.

  2. #172
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    9/11 is another discussion.

    YOU were the one who said "Might makes right." And then you questioned what authority we had to force our view of proper human rights. I proposed you a perfect reason...within your OWN logic...of why we have EVERY right to impose our will upon Iran. You want more reasons within the logic of "Might makes right"
    You've got every right to alienate planet earth and get one of our cities nuked...

  3. #173
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    where do the ayatollahs get that authority from? Each other?
    The same place religious leaders have been getting their authority from for centuries....themselves.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The same place religious leaders have been getting their authority from for centuries....themselves.
    Iran happens to have majority approval of its own government .
    Im certain with more details the story is nothing how we imagine it from here.

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The anals of history
    Last Seen
    07-25-15 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,348

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    The same place religious leaders have been getting their authority from for centuries....themselves.
    People are free to follow any religious leader they please.

    Morality, though, is absolute and its basic rules are common to all human beings. Thus, a religious leader gains moral authority by guiding his followers toward this absolute morality.

    In this case, the Iranian government is acting in a way that is evil.

    Therefore, that the ayatollahs have no moral authority.

  6. #176
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grimm View Post
    People are free to follow any religious leader they please.

    Morality, though, is absolute and its basic rules are common to all human beings. Thus, a religious leader gains moral authority by guiding his followers toward this absolute morality.

    In this case, the Iranian government is acting in a way that is evil.

    Therefore, that the ayatollahs have no moral authority.
    Hooray for more internet logic....

  7. #177
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,301

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    You've got every right to alienate planet earth and get one of our cities nuked...
    You do know that Iran doesn't have nuclear weapons yet right? We can wipe their lousy rights violating asses right off the face of he planet, and not a damn country in the world do a thing about it...especially not Iran.

    Not to mention...you said, "Might makes right." So we would be right anyway. Nobody else is going to try to nuke us with MAD on the table.
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  8. #178
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by stonewall50 View Post
    You do know that Iran doesn't have nuclear weapons yet right? We can wipe their lousy rights violating asses right off the face of he planet, and not a damn country in the world do a thing about it...especially not Iran.

    Not to mention...you said, "Might makes right." So we would be right anyway. Nobody else is going to try to nuke us with MAD on the table.
    I know you would enjoy nuking a few dozen million people to get some 'rights violators'. That doesnt mean someone on this planet wouldnt be 15,000x more motivated to sneak a nuke into the US. It's a severely retarded idea. Especially with China becoming hot **** youd shatter the world into a multipolar place not so fun for our country.

    Since you agree with might makes right I'm glad this thread is resolved.

    I hope this christian doesnt get himself executed.

  9. #179
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,301

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    Iran happens to have majority approval of its own government .
    Im certain with more details the story is nothing how we imagine it from here.
    RIiiiiiight....because we all know Iran doesn't commit human rights violations, hang people for no reason, or have one of the most oppressive systems of rule in the world.

    wybory_w_iranie3.jpg

    I have some google image searches for you:

    Iran tolerance, Iran human rights, hell Iranian Cranes.

    I'm sure you don't have the guts to do that, but let's just say here in the CIVILIZED part of the world we don't use cranes to hang people. They do in Iran. Lol. You are hilarious. Where are you from anyway? Iran?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

  10. #180
    Sage
    blackjack50's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    25,301

    Re: Iran court convicts Christian pastor convert to death

    Quote Originally Posted by MKULTRABOY View Post
    I know you would enjoy nuking a few dozen million people to get some 'rights violators'. That doesnt mean someone on this planet wouldnt be 15,000x more motivated to sneak a nuke into the US. It's a severely retarded idea. Especially with China becoming hot **** youd shatter the world into a multipolar place not so fun for our country.
    Lol. Speaking from merely nuclear and geographic perspective...do you know how big the US is and how small a nuke explosion is to that? And China isn't a "threat." He who controls the oceans controls the world my...little pony. We have 11 aircraft carriers out of the 26 in the world. They have 1...1...Soviet era carrier that was JUST launched. Not to mention if China EVER tried anything on the United States...not only would we welch on debts (they wouldn't want that)...they aren't so stupid as to not understand MAD.

    Since you agree with might makes right I'm glad this thread is resolved.
    Those were your words. I believe in human rights. One of the most fundamental is freedom of religion. You are hilarious. You think Iran is a tollerant place huh? You think they are a threat to the United States?
    The Crowd is not the sum of its parts.

Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •