Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.
Alexis de Tocqueville
Hayek - too liberal for republicans
Citizens for Tax Justice
- a nonpartisan research and advocacy group
- advocates for tax fairness—at the federal, state and local levels
- ranked at the top of the Washington Monthly’s list of America’s “best public interest groups.”
- " “helped to raise public ire against corporate tax evaders.” (The Washington Post)
- “helped propel the taxoverhaul effort,” (The Wall Street Journal)
- “assured that something would be done . . . to make profitable companies pay their share.” ( Associated Press)
Rather than summarily dismissing my source as "propaganda" and "rediculous" (with an "e"), perhaps "apdst" would do us the honor of providing his source!..... today corporate tax loopholes are so out of control that most Americans can rightfully
complain, “I pay more federal income taxes than General Electric, Boeing, DuPont, Wells
Fargo, Verizon, etc., etc., all put together.” That’s an unacceptable situation.
Last edited by jgarden47; 02-27-12 at 02:52 PM.